Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/3/2021 9:29:10 AM EDT
For those of you with the acog(TA31)/rmr combo (with the RMR mounted on top via a RM35), what is the approximate equivalent height of the RMR? Is it same as 1.93" or 2.26"? Somewhere in the middle?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 11:00:30 AM EDT
[#1]
On my flattops the center of the ACOG mounted RMR was four inches above the bore.  Not sure what you are asking.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 11:41:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
On my flattops the center of the ACOG mounted RMR was four inches above the bore.  Not sure what you are asking.
View Quote

Thanks! that's useful info!

A 2.26" Unity fast mount will typically sit an Aimpoint T2 approximately 3.6" height over bore. If the ACOG mounted RMR is sitting 4" HOB that's close to (or a bit higher) than a 2.26" mount which for my purpose would be useful. I want a red dot mounted higher for passive aiming with NODs.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 3:34:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

A 2.26" Unity fast mount will typically sit an Aimpoint T2 approximately 3.6" height over bore. If the ACOG mounted RMR is sitting 4" HOB that's close to (or a bit higher) than a 2.26" mount which for my purpose would be useful. I want a red dot mounted higher for passive aiming with NODs.
View Quote

I'd ask Trijicon as it may be TAxx version dependent.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 8:38:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks OP, came here to post this exact question
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 2:00:40 AM EDT
[#5]
RMR on a piggybacked ACOG mount is noticeably taller than any 2.26" dot/holographic setup. That being said, it doesn't feel too weird, but 2.26" feels better.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 7:41:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Here's a photo I just took: https://trailteams.weebly.com/

Not the most accurate measurement, but it looks like it's a bit under 3.25".
I have a Unity mount and this is noticeably higher.
I have a Midwest Industries QD mount, which should be the same height as the stock ACOG mount.
The photo shows center of the ACOG a bit over 1.5" from top of rail (I think lower 1/3"), which is about right.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 9:23:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Here's a photo I just took: https://trailteams.weebly.com/

Not the most accurate measurement, but it looks like it's a bit under 3.25".
I have a Unity mount and this is noticeably higher.
I have a Midwest Industries QD mount, which should be the same height as the stock ACOG mount.
The photo shows center of the ACOG a bit over 1.5" from top of rail (I think lower 1/3"), which is about right.
View Quote

Thanks for this!

Posted pic here:
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 9:09:05 PM EDT
[#8]
So 1 inch taller than a Unity mount
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 11:08:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@Greyswandir

Piggyback RMR is my go-to setup for NV use. You really can’t go wrong with it. My Ta33 & RMR sit a bit higher than the typical Ta31/rmr due to my preferred Acog mount.

If you haven’t bought a TA31 yet, it’s worth considering the eye relief issue. The TA31 needs to be moved closer to the shooters eye, which can bring your NVG in close contact with the rear of Acog. Another reason I prefer the Ta33s generous eye relief

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/7/2021 10:01:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

@Greyswandir

Piggyback RMR is my go-to setup for NV use. You really can’t go wrong with it. My Ta33 & RMR sit a bit higher than the typical Ta31/rmr due to my preferred Acog mount.

If you haven’t bought a TA31 yet, it’s worth considering the eye relief issue. The TA31 needs to be moved closer to the shooters eye, which can bring your NVG in close contact with the rear of Acog. Another reason I prefer the Ta33s generous eye relief

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/496867/B4684999-6A90-4B79-9052-5B906315ABE4_jpe-1931393.JPG

View Quote

That's awesome! Thank you! just what I needed to know. I'm setting up a 13.7 with an acog/RMR soon (debating on Ta31 vs TA33).
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 1:33:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

@Greyswandir

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/496867/B4684999-6A90-4B79-9052-5B906315ABE4_jpe-1931393.JPG

View Quote

I just got this same setup after using TA31s and TA11s in the past. The weight is on point but the RMR is pretty high and a 2.26” red dot feels much better so far IMO. Also, Eotechs and Aimpoints look better under NV compared to the RMR. My RMR on my handgun is fine but something about how close your nods are to a RMR piggy backed on an ACOG is less pleasing to my eyes compared to a T2/EXPS. And also, the TA33 FOV is like looking through a toilet paper roll lol, eye relief is great though.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 5:41:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Anyone have the T31 combo with the crosshair reticle? Like it or hate it?
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 6:01:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I just got this same setup after using TA31s and TA11s in the past. The weight is on point but the RMR is pretty high and a 2.26” red dot feels much better so far IMO. Also, Eotechs and Aimpoints look better under NV compared to the RMR. My RMR on my handgun is fine but something about how close your nods are to a RMR piggy backed on an ACOG is less pleasing to my eyes compared to a T2/EXPS. And also, the TA33 FOV is like looking through a toilet paper roll lol, eye relief is great though.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@Greyswandir

I totally agree. If a red dot is all you need, it is far superior to just use a T2 or Eotech mounted far forward on the receiver for NV use, because you really do get a lot of “window” in your view when looking through a piggy back RMR with NVGs. I use the rmr as just a backup to my LAM basically
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top