Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/2/2018 4:19:11 PM EDT
I have this ACOG and not sure if it belongs on a 14.5-16" or a 20" barrel firearm. In the black area at the bottom of the reticle it has TA31RCO-M4 which leads me to believe it is for the shorter barrel. Can someone help a brother out. This was given to me by a returning soldier about 8 years ago.

Link Posted: 12/2/2018 4:51:15 PM EDT
[#1]
M150 is a blended reticle ment to be close enough for either the carbine or rifle.
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 4:51:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Yep, RCO-M4 was calibrated for M855 through a 14.5 M4 barrel
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 5:19:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
This.

But don't worry too much about cartridge specs and length.
It's all relatively approximate.
If it really bothers you, just change the zero.

Congrats on the scope.
It looks pristine for a bringback.
FYI Trijicon will still service it for you even though it's mil. Obviously without warranty though.
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 6:15:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
M150 is a blended reticle ment to be close enough for either the carbine or rifle.
View Quote
This.  Yours is an M150.
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 6:52:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Don’t overthink it. Put it on whatever .223ish gun you want and rock on, it’s not really going to matter.
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 9:59:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks everyone for the information, it's currently on a 16" mid length but I have a couple of 20" rifles that I was thinking of making an A4 clone and I think this might work for that. I didn't show the other side but it is one with the bible verse ground off and covered with epoxy.

Was the 150 marking have anything to do with what branch used it, say Army or Marines?
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 10:02:31 PM EDT
[#7]
The M150 model was built to the Army spec.
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 10:51:12 PM EDT
[#8]
I literally just finished mounting a TA31 on a Colt A4 earlier today. I never liked the TA31 because of the eye relief,  but always liked the look of the USMC rifles. I decided to build one and for whatever reason it seems like the eye relief isn't as bad on the rifle. I can't wait to get out and give it a try. I have the TA91 ARD, but it's a lot shorter than the one on your ARD. Do you know what model yours is?
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 11:05:45 PM EDT
[#9]
He has the laser filter.
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 2:38:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

ETA: looks like yours is actually a M150 so go with above answer.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

ETA: looks like yours is actually a M150 so go with above answer.
Quoted:

This.  Yours is an M150.
No, I don't think that's the case. His is a TA31RCO-M150, however it says TA31RCO-M4 inside the reticle, which suggests it has been refurbished and the -M150 reticle replaced with the -M4 reticle. If so, his is calibrated for M855 from a 14.5" 1/7 twist barrel.
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 2:43:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Thanks everyone for the information, it's currently on a 16" mid length but I have a couple of 20" rifles that I was thinking of making an A4 clone and I think this might work for that. I didn't show the other side but it is one with the bible verse ground off and covered with epoxy.

Was the 150 marking have anything to do with what branch used it, say Army or Marines?
View Quote
Yes, the TA31RCO-M150CP is the Army model; the scope is the same, the only real difference is the accessories it comes with. The -M150 has objective and ocular lens covers. The TA31RCO-A4CP is the USMC standard issue (or was anyway) for the M16A4, and the TA31RCO-M4CP is the USMC standard issue for the M4. The USMC models do not have lens covers.

You say yours has the bible verse ground off? Sounds like it was military property. Hope it got sold legitimately...
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 6:56:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Yes, the TA31RCO-M150CP is the Army model; the scope is the same, the only real difference is the accessories it comes with. The -M150 has objective and ocular lens covers. The TA31RCO-A4CP is the USMC standard issue (or was anyway) for the M16A4, and the TA31RCO-M4CP is the USMC standard issue for the M4. The USMC models do not have lens covers.

You say yours has the bible verse ground off? Sounds like it was military property. Hope it got sold legitimately...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Didn’t they start grinding it off on all of them? I assumed they switched it on all 31’s just for the sake of simplicity.
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 10:56:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Didn’t they start grinding it off on all of them? I assumed they switched it on all 31’s just for the sake of simplicity.
View Quote
You might be right; I seem to recall some kerfuflle put up by some self-absorbed PC trash outfit over that years back. "OMG a bible verse!"
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 1:10:49 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote
No. The grounding off of the bible verse was their "fix" that they gave to the military. There would be no need for a commercially sold ACOG to be sent back to Trijicon. They changed the manufacture of their ACOGs since that (bullshit) controversy surfaced. The forging on the right side now only reads "ACOG4x32"; so they've made a new mold without the bible verse. The bible verse has now been moved to the left side as part of the laser engraved markings there; it's in the last line of text on that side. This allows them to still include the bible verse on their commercially sold ACOGs while omitting it from the ones they sell to the military, but not require two separate molds for the housing. Below are some pics of my commercial TA31RCO-M4CP showing how they moved the bible verse:

Link Posted: 12/5/2018 1:35:29 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
No. The grounding off of the bible verse was their "fix" that they gave to the military. There would be no need for a commercially sold ACOG to be sent back to Trijicon. They changed the manufacture of their ACOGs since that (bullshit) controversy surfaced. The forging on the right side now only reads "ACOG4x32"; so they've made a new mold without the bible verse. The bible verse has now been moved to the left side as part of the laser engraved markings there; it's in the last line of text on that side. This allows them to still include the bible verse on their commercially sold ACOGs while omitting it from the ones they sell to the military, but not require two separate molds for the housing. Below are some pics of my commercial TA31RCO-M4CP showing how they moved the bible verse:
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=1ynHzcKfxKjVfaluT8HKDSIKlD0RB-7mD
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=1L3EpLTlY_z7X7zMD-dt7Iww0-41MT_uY
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=1ynHzcKfxKjVfaluT8HKDSIKlD0RB-7mD
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=1L3EpLTlY_z7X7zMD-dt7Iww0-41MT_uY
Ah that makes sense thanks for that. I assumed making changing the mold would be the issue.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top