AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
AAC Grendel? (Page 2 of 2)
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/15/2023 7:11:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Jman_JJE] [#1]
Originally Posted By mooreshawnm:
Ok...308 break time is over....where's the Grendel?!?
View Quote

Persistent we are in the final stages of 7.62x39 steel case. We have about 3 more weeks till that is finished.

We will be working solely on 6.5 grendel next. Realistically we have a few months of work left on that line. Probably be February or so.

We also are in the middle of contracting for 10 new calibers. It will take us two and a half years to add the next ten. I believe everyone here will be happy.
Link Posted: 11/15/2023 8:14:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Oh hell yes I need some x39
Link Posted: 11/15/2023 3:59:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TxRabbitBane] [#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By bkpkr:
Oh hell yes I need some x39
View Quote

Ok, send me some x39, then neck those suckers down to 6.5mm and make me a bunch of those too.

Speaking of which, what bullet weights are targeted for the AAC 6.5G offering?  

123gr?  Hopefully something slightly more useful than FMJ.
Link Posted: 11/15/2023 9:19:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Jman_JJE:

Persistent we are in the final stages of 7.62x39 steel case. We have about 3 more weeks till that is finished.

We will be working solely on 6.5 grendel next. Realistically we have a few months of work left on that line. Probably be February or so.

We also are in the middle of contracting for 10 new calibers. It will take us two and a half years to add the next ten. I believe everyone here will be happy.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mooreshawnm:
Ok...308 break time is over....where's the Grendel?!?

Really hope those 7.62X39’s are loaded with some good projectiles and not just generic FMJ.
Link Posted: 11/16/2023 7:30:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By doty_soty:

Really hope those 7.62X39’s are loaded with some good projectiles and not just generic FMJ.
View Quote

We have 123 grain FMJ and 123 grain Sabre blade black tips to start, others to follow.
Link Posted: 11/16/2023 8:07:15 AM EDT
[#6]

We have 123 grain FMJ and 123 grain Sabre blade black tips to start, others to follow.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By doty_soty:

If those sabers have plenty of velocity floor to expand/frag @ 7.62X39 velocities, that’s very good news indeed
Link Posted: 11/17/2023 10:59:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Huckelberry75] [#7]
Looking forward to the Grendel Sabre's.
Link Posted: 11/17/2023 11:39:40 AM EDT
[#8]

View Quote

Great news all around, thanks!

Will there be brass cased and steel cased Grendel, or only one case type?  I'm hoping for brass cased myself....

I will be picking up steel cased x39 for sure, the RPD is a hungry chunker!
Link Posted: 11/17/2023 12:16:47 PM EDT
[#9]
I was originally thinking of just fun ammo in Grendel, but Blade in both Grendel and 76.2x39 interests me. Arrival somewhere around Feb also works, as I'll be a little less broke then.
Link Posted: 11/17/2023 12:51:41 PM EDT
[#10]

View Quote

Can you give us a hint on what you are looking at?

Will you re-ignite the 6.8spc vs 6.5g war?
350 Legend?
How about some .22LR?
Link Posted: 11/17/2023 2:06:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By panthermark:

350 Legend?
How about some .22LR?
View All Quotes

350 Legend?
How about some .22LR?

Don't allow this IL resident to distract you....his state won't let him buy anyway. Do not be distracted...grendel...grendel...(after the AK stuff of course and speaking of which 5.45 would be nice).
Link Posted: 11/17/2023 2:11:49 PM EDT
[#12]
yes, Grendel FTW.  Can't wait.  The .308 black tips I've tested are spot on, really accurate.
Link Posted: 11/17/2023 3:54:01 PM EDT
[#13]

350 Legend?
How about some .22LR?
View Quote

22lr is 2025

We do plan on running 350 legend and 6.8 SPC, but they are 18 months or more out.
Link Posted: 11/17/2023 4:21:01 PM EDT
[#14]

22lr is 2025

We do plan on running 350 legend and 6.8 SPC, but they are 18 months or more out.
View Quote

Thank you sir!  
Hopefully by then, Illinois will be a FREE STATE!  (Bunch of court cases in progress...including NOLO working on getting us suppressors!)
Link Posted: 11/23/2023 3:24:36 PM EDT
[#15]
As a big Grendel fan, this thread makes me happy.
Link Posted: 11/24/2023 5:31:19 PM EDT
[#16]
in Thinking Fast and Slow Daniel Kahneman suggests that whenever you get a time estimate to double it and make it the next higher unit of time.
so if they say 2 days expect 4 weeks
if they say 4 weeks expect 8 months

when people give time estimates its often how long it would take if everything went perfectly but nothing ever goes perfectly

Link Posted: 11/24/2023 11:22:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By anadam:
in Thinking Fast and Slow Daniel Kahneman suggests that whenever you get a time estimate to double it and make it the next higher unit of time.
so if they say 2 days expect 4 weeks
if they say 4 weeks expect 8 months

when people give time estimates its often how long it would take if everything went perfectly but nothing ever goes perfectly

View Quote
As someone with 6 F4s in process and 1 waiting on the dealer and SS to complete their parts..... NNNnnnnnoooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 11/27/2023 12:35:59 AM EDT
[#18]
View Quote
I just went from 6 to midnight....please don't make me wait 18 months.
Link Posted: 12/9/2023 10:37:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Any updates on the 6.5 Grendel?  It would be great to get quality ammo in this caliber for a reasonable price.
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 12:40:21 PM EDT
[#20]
Jman_JJE, are you guys still doing the sbbt for 5.56 in the 62 and 75gr loading? it seems its always out of stock and never in stock or if it ever is, its like minutes at best between getting the email notification and it not actually being available once i look. is its just not being churned out in numbers like the 55gr equivalent is? i see that available all the time just not the 62 or 75gr. can you tell me what the normal cost per box is per grain weight? have never seen a price on either. thank you.
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 12:53:29 PM EDT
[#21]
However much you're planning on producing for the 123gr Sabre for 6.5 Grendel...you should double it.  
Something that makes the warehouse manager say,  "Wow, that's a metric shit-ton of Grendel ammo!"  

And invest in some really good boxes for case lots.  
(Our UPS deliveries still manage to make it look like they dragged it behind the truck with a barbwire chain. )  
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 1:00:52 PM EDT
[#22]
want my Grendel ammo...

want, want, WANT...
Link Posted: 1/20/2024 11:42:33 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Repairman_Jack:
However much you're planning on producing for the 123gr Sabre for 6.5 Grendel...you should double it.  
Something that makes the warehouse manager say,  "Wow, that's a metric shit-ton of Grendel ammo!"  

And invest in some really good boxes for case lots.  
(Our UPS deliveries still manage to make it look like they dragged it behind the truck with a barbwire chain. )  
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 1/20/2024 11:43:44 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By TxRabbitBane:
want my Grendel ammo...

want, want, WANT...
View Quote

And this! 😃 Have been very pleased with the few selections of PSA 5.56 I have been picking up. Good folks and good stuff.
Link Posted: 1/20/2024 1:23:18 PM EDT
[#25]
*well we"re waiting.gif"
Link Posted: 1/20/2024 3:07:32 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Captain92:

And this! 😃 Have been very pleased with the few selections of PSA 5.56 I have been picking up. Good folks and good stuff.
View All Quotes
want my Grendel ammo...

want, want, WANT...

Some tipped stuff like they’re big .223 offering would excite me greatly.
Link Posted: 1/20/2024 6:51:37 PM EDT
[#27]

View Quote

Yeah, a lineup like they did with 6.5 Creed would be amazing.  Hell, I almost bought a Creedmoor just because PSA came out with the ammo.
Link Posted: 1/20/2024 7:24:07 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By echofivekilo:

Yeah, a lineup like they did with 6.5 Creed would be amazing.  Hell, I almost bought a Creedmoor just because PSA came out with the ammo.
View All Quotes

I have so much 6.5CM packed away that I never even paid attention to PSA’s offerings there.
Link Posted: 1/20/2024 8:05:49 PM EDT
[#29]

I have so much 6.5CM packed away that I never even paid attention to PSA’s offerings there.
View Quote

That’s kinda where I’m at with .223.

Grendel is the round I have the smallest stock of, so I need PSA to come through - need the ammo and the brass it’ll yield for reloading.
Link Posted: 1/20/2024 8:33:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TxRabbitBane] [#30]

Grendel is the round I have the smallest stock of, so I need PSA to come through - need the ammo and the brass it’ll yield for reloading.
View All Quotes

I can burn through a lot of .223…

I have enough 6.5CM to shoot 50 deer a season until I die.  Ok, maybe not quite, but you get my point.
Link Posted: 1/21/2024 3:53:57 PM EDT
[#31]

I can burn through a lot of .223…

I have enough 6.5CM to shoot 50 deer a season until I die.  Ok, maybe not quite, but you get my point.
View Quote

I stacked up a lot of 223 and components when they were cheap

I know what you mean on your 6.5CM situation.  
Hoping Grendel will be kind of an in between round for me.  Shooting less than 223 but more than 308.  Maybe a little hunting, maybe a few of the DMR type matches, and hopefully more plinking than I’d normally do (with something besides 223) if PSA prices it right.
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 4:12:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Gunslinger03R6] [#32]

22lr is 2025

View Quote
Any idea if there will be a 6.8 spc projectile that is good for killing yotes or will you only offer FMJ?
I really want to order some 6.8 ammo, but will wait if there's a good offering coming AAC.
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 6:34:45 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Gunslinger03R6:
Any idea if there will be a 6.8 spc projectile that is good for killing yotes or will you only offer FMJ?
I really want to order some 6.8 ammo, but will wait if there's a good offering coming AAC.
View Quote
Considering he said they're no less than 16 months from now (18+ from November) I'd go ahead and order some 6.8 if you want anything to shoot for the next year +.
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 5:01:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jwright4288] [#34]
@Jman_JJE any updates on 6.5 grendel ammo?

Is February still likely?
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 11:30:46 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By jwright4288:

View Quote

This
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 7:24:16 PM EDT
[#36]

This
View All Quotes

This

And that!
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 9:46:45 PM EDT
[#37]
Any updates on AAC Grendel?
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 10:50:54 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 5:24:45 PM EDT
[#39]
Appreciate the response. Hopefully y’all will launch a 6.5grendel JAKL at the same time
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 1:23:07 PM EDT
[#40]
Appreciate the response. Hopefully y’all will launch a 6.5grendel JAKL at the same time
View Quote

Oh lort.  Be still my heart.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 8:04:51 AM EDT
[#41]
Another source for 6.8 spc is good news.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 2:22:32 PM EDT
[#42]
Bump for any updates?
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 6:35:04 AM EDT
[#43]
In another thread Josiah said:

I was playing around with loaded AAC 7.62x39 the the other day. The 7.62 is very close to launch, then the 5.45 and 54R will be close behind. 6.5 Grendel will be the next round once the steel cased is all out. It is coming together
View Quote

I’m starting to worry that it’ll be late enough in the year that we’ll run into the pre-election panic buying that always happens and the 6.5 Grendel will either get postponed or disappear so fast that I can’t get any.

I’ll still love PSA if it goes down that way, just concerned is all.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 8:08:25 AM EDT
[#44]

I’m starting to worry that it’ll be late enough in the year that we’ll run into the pre-election panic buying that always happens and the 6.5 Grendel will either get postponed or disappear so fast that I can’t get any.

View Quote

Thanks for finding and cross-posting that response.  I need some steel case in those calibers as well, so all is not lost!  At least for me.

6.5G is my real wish, and I hope it comes true!
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 12:32:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TxRabbitBane] [#45]

View All Quotes

I was playing around with loaded AAC 7.62x39 the the other day. The 7.62 is very close to launch, then the 5.45 and 54R will be close behind. 6.5 Grendel will be the next round once the steel cased is all out. It is coming together

Yeah, “sometime after a couple of things that aren’t available yet” isn’t terribly encouraging, but don’t stop believing…

I think the original thread is over a year old at this point. ETA this may be the original thread… not quite a year old
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
AAC Grendel? (Page 2 of 2)
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top