Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/6/2024 6:11:58 PM EDT
As the title says, has anyone ever seen a gel shot with the AAC 77 Grain they make in house? I have seen it many times over again with the SMK. But I am curious about the AAC projectile. Their projectiles seem to have varying thickness when it comes to the jacket. And I know that plays a partial role in how the round acts when it hits organics as well as the cannelure.
Link Posted: 2/7/2024 12:31:47 AM EDT
[#1]
i have plans to, but haven't yet.
Link Posted: 2/7/2024 2:05:56 PM EDT
[#2]
I think that @stacattoc2 tested them.  IIRC, they performed similar to other heavy OTM bullets.
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 7:56:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
i have plans to, but haven't yet.
View Quote

I have been keeping an eye on your channel for it. Figured you would get it done at some point, thanks Matt.
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 7:59:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think that @stacattoc2 tested them.  IIRC, they performed similar to other heavy OTM bullets.
View Quote

Figured as much, I just thought it would be interesting to see. I would like to see it done with a 10.5 and a 16'', always interesting to see if it performs at pistol and SBR lengths. But I am sure it probably will within SD ranges. I worry less about the Black Tip since it has that polymer tip to aid in expansion and fragmentation.
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 11:18:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top