Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/24/2018 1:46:38 PM EDT
PSA 16". UPS dropped it off this morning. Cleaned, lubed, fit perfectly on Colt 9mm lower. Test-fired 50 rounds in backyard before the rain started. Perfect function, brass going 6-8 feet at 3 o"clock. Now I need a dedicated lower. Anyone use the AR Stoner (Midway) mag block?
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 1:28:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Consider a PSA dedicated 9mm lower.  They have both Colt and Glock.  Should be a good match for your PSA upper.

Link Posted: 11/27/2018 1:59:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
PSA 16". UPS dropped it off this morning. Cleaned, lubed, fit perfectly on Colt 9mm lower. Test-fired 50 rounds in backyard before the rain started. Perfect function, brass going 6-8 feet at 3 o"clock. Now I need a dedicated lower. Anyone use the AR Stoner (Midway) mag block?
View Quote
You say it fit perfectly and ran on a 9mm Colt lower.

Then you say you need a dedicated lower.

Then you say you want a mag block.

Your post is confusing.

_
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 3:16:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You say it fit perfectly and ran on a 9mm Colt lower.

Then you say you need a dedicated lower.

Then you say you want a mag block.

Your post is confusing.

_
View Quote
Doesn't matter - there is a vise block available above for whatever option he goes with.  This place ain't what it used to be...  MAGA (Make Arfcom Great Again)
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 7:30:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Go with a top loading Hahn mag block and be happy. Yes there are less expensive options. At one time Black Creek Precision lowers were on sale much cheaper than mag block. I got in cheap and love it. My hahn mag block has run 100% from the day it was dropped into a Spikes lower.

Just one old guys experience.
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 1:11:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Doesn't matter - there is a vise block available above for whatever option he goes with.  This place ain't what it used to be...  MAGA (Make Arfcom Great Again)
View Quote
So why didn't the OP say..."I need a vice block" to hold my firearm while working on it.

Because the term "Mag block" when used in the PCC area of the  forum almost always refers the lower receiver mag block inserts that allow a person to use a 9mm mag in a 5.56 receiver.

_
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 9:16:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Let me try to be "less confusing". I have a complete Colt 9mm, with Eotech and lots of mags. Trying to put together another 9mm AR. Bought the upper from PSA, put it on Colt lower for testing. 1-4 optic. 50 rounds went fine, got a rough zero.
Now I want to put together a lower for the new upper. Looking for various options. Tomorrow will be more shooting with reloads. Loading some Hornady 115 fmj with 4.5g Titegroup.

Thanks for all replies.
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 3:35:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote
I see what you did there.  
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top