Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/6/2021 9:10:57 AM EDT
Second post WooHoo!

I always dug the look of the Colt SMG and built a clone recently. Bought a used Colt 9mm carbine and SBR'd it. I took it to the range once while I was waiting for the Form 1 (took 5 1/2 months!), it ran OK, not perfectly, but it wasn't a concern because I was going to rebuild it. Form 1 came in, took it to the range and it doubled every time I tried to shoot it (by this point I had installed new LPK parts).

As it turns out this gun is a large pin lower. I'm no AR expert and had never heard of this. The seller had installed a standard size pin FCG (scumbag) and I had replaced these used parts with a new, standard pin size, 9mm LPK (dumbass). Never noticed the pin diameter vs. hole ID issue until yesterday.

There's a guy on GB selling NOS Colt large pin FCGs...

Is the normal hammer in this kit compatible with a 9mm bolt carrier?
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 1:18:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 2:47:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Holy crap. Seriously, just nuts.

Thanks for the essay!

My upper and lower are both Colt. The lower has that sear block but the hammer & trigger pin holes dont appear to have beam reamed. Both ID's still have their black anodized coating.

Buffer only weighs 3 ounces. Bolt weighs 15.9 oz.

Pic of bolt...

" />
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 12:15:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 5:29:07 PM EDT
[#4]
disregard
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 6:18:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 5:45:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Well dammit

Thanks man, I had already bought the one off GB, and paid too much in true GB fashion!

I've had the worst luck with sellers on GB. The FCG arrived but the seller had "forgotten" to include the springs.
The Colt carbine I started this project with was a collection of worn out parts. There was so much carbon in the upper I had to use a pick to scraped it out.
The buffer is wrong (chances are the spring is too). The FCG was completely wrong. The bolt looks like hell. I ordered another KVP yesterday.

Caveat Emptor I guess.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 2:09:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 2:23:47 PM EDT
[#8]
You made a good point so I went back to check on it...

Sold!

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top