Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/10/2020 12:00:35 PM EDT
This is free and not in violation of site rules, so please stop reporting this post. - Raptor22

Ok so this is my contribution to the world.

Because I didnt have the money to get these injection molded, I never went beyond 3d printed models. However I have many thousand rounds on these things, so I think its pretty damn reliable.

Ive invested hundreds of hours of my time, many rounds of ammo, and purchased and built several different 9mm pcc firearms to test these.

This will accommodate 10,20,30 round pmags. I have a longer guide bar for the 40 rounds pmags, but I need to clean up the stl some before I hand it off.

Print specs are (currently) PETG filament, 235* extruder, 65* bed temp, print speed 60mm/s, fill 50%, supports on. I have made these from PLA, ABS, PETG, Nylon. Nylon works great but hard to get good nylon filament. PETG is my second choice.

There are 3 files, 9_556.stl - this is the converter piece. Print it vertical orientation

glide stick.stl - this is a guide bar that keeps the shorter 9mm ammunition from shifting forward in the magazine. Print it on its side EDGE, not flat.

9MMFOLLOER.stl - this is obviously the follower you need for 9mm instead of a 5.56 follower.

Print those 3 parts, clean off the supports, clean supports out of the guide bar pocket, gut your pmag, taking only the spring, and replace with these parts. reassemble, go have fun.

STL files located here

Link Posted: 10/10/2020 1:01:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Wow thats awesome! Thanks alot

So you mention this works on 10,20, and 30 round pmags. Do you have different files for the stick portion or do you just cut to length? There was a 4th file for a peg or something what is that for?

Again thanks.

Have a Ender3 comming and looking forward to tinkering with it.
Link Posted: 10/10/2020 4:18:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Pics?    Will you sell printed one’s for those with out a printer?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/10/2020 4:25:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Wow thats awesome! Thanks alot

So you mention this works on 10,20, and 30 round pmags. Do you have different files for the stick portion or do you just cut to length? There was a 4th file for a peg or something what is that for?

Again thanks.

Have a Ender3 comming and looking forward to tinkering with it.
View Quote

I just trim the guide bar down for a shorter mag, but i can generate a file for different length mags. The github repo is just a place I put things for file sharing. The jpeg is just a pic i posted.

The peg piece is a spacer. 9mm bolts are shorter than 5.56 bolts. That spacer is so you can run a standard carbine buffer with a 9mm bolt and it wont over travel. Also absorbs impact when the bolt comes all thebway back. Without that stopping over travel, your bolt catch is likely to break. Also when u run a standard weight buffer, you may need to add more weight to the bolt its self.
Link Posted: 10/10/2020 4:33:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Pics?    Will you sell printed one’s for those with out a printer?

Thanks!
View Quote

Sure. Just PM me and I can send you some.

I dont have any pics uploaded but ive got some you tube vids posted. The install video is more about the parts and how to put together. The other vids are mostly mag dumps we did. That is until ammo went through the roof.

Heres an older mag dump vid.
5.56 to 9mm mag converter new material
Link Posted: 10/10/2020 6:46:29 PM EDT
[#5]
cool. I have a friend with a printer so will try to get the parts printed.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/10/2020 6:58:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Sure. Just PM me and I can send you some.

I dont have any pics uploaded but ive got some you tube vids posted. The install video is more about the parts and how to put together. The other vids are mostly mag dumps we did. That is until ammo went through the roof.

Heres an older mag dump vid.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFEUrnwACNM
View Quote

I'd be happy to buy some........???I have a carbine and a pistol that use mag conversions.While these do work very well it would be interesting to try converting the magazine rather than the lower.
Link Posted: 10/10/2020 8:44:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Nice work!
Very well done!
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 5:05:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Nice!
PM you!
Link Posted: 10/21/2020 9:56:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I'd be happy to buy some........???I have a carbine and a pistol that use mag conversions.While these do work very well it would be interesting to try converting the magazine rather than the lower.
View Quote

i second this
Link Posted: 10/23/2020 8:45:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Do you have a cmmg radial bolt to try with it?
Link Posted: 10/23/2020 10:50:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

i second this
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

i second this

Same here.
Link Posted: 10/23/2020 9:37:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Hey all. Im happy to print some for you. Its $2-$5 to mail these so to make it worth while im printing pairs for a flat $10. Thats enough to convert 2 mags.

Ive got a new roll of filament and I want to test print a couple to try just to see if this new filament is as good as the last roll. Shoot me a pm with your address and i'll mail some soon as I get a chance. Still dont have my paypal set up, but I'll get to it soon.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 9:35:51 PM EDT
[#13]
I’ve got an ‘amphibian’ RDB set up and have been using endo mags. I’d love to try some of your inserts. Please email me your terms and PP address.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 9:48:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Hey all. Im happy to print some for you. Its $2-$5 to mail these so to make it worth while im printing pairs for a flat $10. Thats enough to convert 2 mags.

Ive got a new roll of filament and I want to test print a couple to try just to see if this new filament is as good as the last roll. Shoot me a pm with your address and i'll mail some soon as I get a chance. Still dont have my paypal set up, but I'll get to it soon.
View Quote

IM sent for a couple pairs.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 10:31:46 PM EDT
[#15]
IM sent as well.
Link Posted: 10/25/2020 1:48:20 PM EDT
[#16]
i know i'd buy a set if you ever go into production.
Link Posted: 10/25/2020 3:46:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Mailbox is full!!!
Email ok?
Link Posted: 10/25/2020 10:34:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Yes eamils are fine. I didnt realize there wud so many print requests so quick. Ill get the printers running asap.

I would like to test this new roll of filament since i have one person say they didnt wanna stay in the 20 rounders. They can be glued in but the original idea was to be able to convert it back if u wanted.

Ill get busy on these requests tho.
Link Posted: 10/27/2020 12:24:16 PM EDT
[#19]
I guess i missed a couple of messages about an rdb version. I'll modify the drawing and upload an STL for rdb.

I do not have an rdb pistol myself, so those that do may have to give some feed back on its fit and workings. Ill get it posted in a day or so and you can print it to try when you have a chance.

Link Posted: 10/27/2020 4:54:34 PM EDT
[#20]
When will you be doing a 45 acp and 10mm version? (Hint hint...)
Link Posted: 10/27/2020 9:29:35 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I guess i missed a couple of messages about an rdb version. I'll modify the drawing and upload an STL for rdb.

I do not have an rdb pistol myself, so those that do may have to give some feed back on its fit and workings. Ill get it posted in a day or so and you can print it to try when you have a chance.

View Quote

You ditch the ejector, you can run the feed lips up tighter because of such. don't go narrower than factory feed lips.
Link Posted: 10/27/2020 10:08:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Heres is an updated version for rdb. It feeds well but i can only fire 1 round at a time. If someone wants to print the file and give it a go, I think it will work pretty well.

I fit it to a standard 5.56 bcg and then shot it in my 9mm.

9_556_rdb.stl

Link Posted: 10/27/2020 10:23:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
When will you be doing a 45 acp and 10mm version? (Hint hint...)
View Quote

The ones ive done for cases bigger than 9mm require a 4th piece that snaps in where the original feed lips are on the magpul mag. It was a bit of a pain to work with and I didnt have a 45acp to run it myself so I shelved it.

This one works well only because a 9mm case is about the size of a 5.56 case.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top