Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/8/2024 4:18:32 PM EDT
So Mos tek offers a 8" 350 legend barrel and it got me thinking, how would 350 legend do in such a short barrel? It has a larger case capacity but is less overbore than 300 blackout which does great in that length barrel, so might 350 legend do just as well or even better than 300bo out of a short barrel if loaded accordingly? I'm curious if anyone here has tried any load development in a short 350.
What do you guys think, am I way off base with my line of reasoning?
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 4:56:33 PM EDT
[#1]
I haven’t begun reloading for 350 yet, but I have used factory Hornady SP ammo in a 12.5 Faxon and a 10 inch MosTek barrel very successfuly to kill several big deer. I have no doubt about its effectiveness after doing postmortem breakdown of 225-250# live weight whitetails shot between 10 and 125 yards. The base for a very effective short barrel I system is certainly there. If your goal is home defense you will be satisfied
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 7:01:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Buckeye33:
I haven’t begun reloading for 350 yet, but I have used factory Hornady SP ammo in a 12.5 Faxon and a 10 inch MosTek barrel very successfuly to kill several big deer. I have no doubt about its effectiveness after doing postmortem breakdown of 225-250# live weight whitetails shot between 10 and 125 yards. The base for a very effective short barrel I system is certainly there. If your goal is home defense you will be satisfied
View Quote

If it proves to be 100% reliable then yes it sounds like a great home defense gun, supposedly duramag is working on a 30 round mag for it but right now we're limited to 20 rounders. Not a problem in my eyes but the 30 rounders would be nice.

That's encouraging to hear about the 170s working well in short barrels. Have you tried any subs out of your Mos tek? That 280gr maker bullet seems mighty interesting and should work with that 10" twist.

There's a guy on YouTube who cut down a 350 barrel all the way down to I believe 7" and had relatively little lost velocity. I'm wondering if it could be made even better by using powders more optimized for really short barrels.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top