Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/5/2024 4:46:39 PM EDT
Look like I got the bug to build me a 308 dmr. I'm left handed and since I'll be shooting it suppressed,  I'd like to do a left handed build. I know 308 ars arnt as cut and dry and the 556 ones and theres compatibility nuances. What lowers would be compatible with the stag upper?
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 7:39:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Just buy a Ruger SFAR, save some money and have a lifetime warranty. You probably want a 308, but check out a 6.5 Creedmoor.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 8:49:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By cschaeff:
Just buy a Ruger SFAR, save some money and have a lifetime warranty. You probably want a 308, but check out a 6.5 Creedmoor.
View Quote

They make a southpaw version, now?
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 8:59:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sgtlmj] [#3]
Stag uses the KAC/Armalite slant cut for their Stag-10's, and DPMS BCG, barrel threads, and tall rail height for the uppers. It's a mish-mash of different standards.

While sort-of compatible with other slant-cut lowers, if you are set on Stag for the LH thing you should really stick with a Stag lower. LMT will work the best, but you will have to open up a pivot/takedown pin hole in the upper a bit to make it fit.

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top