Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/7/2024 4:13:24 PM EDT
I did try searching so I apologize if this has been discussed already.

Background: I am building a 300blk AR based on a Larue or as much as possible Larue upper.  I have a Larue 14.5 barrel that I'm going to have cut down to 9", it is drilled for a pistol length gas system, (it is 1:8 if that matters).

Question: for the gas block, in a perfect world I'd just order Larue's gas block and not think about it but I do plan to shoot at least a healthy amount of subs if not mostly subs so I want to make sure it will function properly.

If I'm being stupid and putting too much thought into the gas block when it is more the BCG that I should worry about please let me know that too.  

Thank you!
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 4:34:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Depending on your loads you may need an adjustable gas block, otherwise I doubt that it matters.  Just make sure it fits under the handguard.
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 5:01:04 PM EDT
[#2]
^ yep. Adjustable if you need. I set mine up for use with my can and then never touched it again. So YMMV.

As for BCG, a basic 5.56 one will work just fine. I opted for the Nickel Boron on mine so it stood out as being different.
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 5:04:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Appreciate the quick replies, thank you!
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 5:05:11 PM EDT
[#4]
I've got a 10.5" Noveske barrel. Geissele gas block. Pistol length. BCG is a Noveske as well. Spikes Tactical H2 tungsten buffer. I forget what the spring is. But, it's nothing special. Just a standard carbine spring.

It shoots subs and supers just fine.
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 5:07:32 PM EDT
[#5]
+1 for a BCG with a good finish.

I got the DLC on mine. Cleaning it is super easy.

Shooting subs suppressed gets pretty dirty.
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 5:13:30 PM EDT
[#6]
You can alway run an adjustable bolt carrier
and a standard gas block

https://primaryandsecondary.com/gear-review-bootleg-adjustable-bolt-carrier/

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top