Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 8:48:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Interesting point.
I hear you can reload 300BLK with 30 carbine boolits. 110 gr round nose FMJ. They are cheap and great for plinking.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 2:36:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Some guns will feed some of those bullets (depending on manufacturer,/design, gun, and magazines) and some won't. It's not a given.

Pre-pandemic the Hornady 150gr FMJ's were a decent option at $.14/ea, now there are powder coated 130-160gr bullets that work, and are probably cheaper.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 9:30:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just beware that not many bullets are designed like that Barnes 110 is. 1300FPS expansion threshold. I believe the CX (GMX is gone apparently) is a 2kFPS threshold, which doesn't give much range out of the shorter barrels  and expect to see much expansion.

Perhaps the varmint bullets upset pretty easily at lower speeds?

Don't have much experience with the copper/lead sligs, but I know it takes very little for the Barnes 110 to expand.
View Quote

Yes the Varmint bullets act nearly like a soft point at the lower 300blk velocities.

Another great option are the 115Gr Controlled Chaos. They frag down to ~1400fps, and they fragment into several large pedals with a remaining solid core that reminds me a lot of MK318.

Attachment Attached File
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top