Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/12/2020 8:45:30 PM EDT
I built this 8" 300 AAC pistol last year on AeroPrecision enhanced lower/upper with 9" handguard and SBA3 brace.  Then waited over 300 days to get my SF SOCOM 300SPS out of jail.  I've had it mounted up for awhile now, but finally today had my first chance to take it out to the range.  Shooting PPU 125gr FMJ at 25 yards with a 4MOA Vortex StrikeFire I didn't notice any POI shift and the sound reduction was quite evident.  Really makes it a pleasure to shoot.  Next up is S&B 200gr subsonic.  OAL in this configuration with brace fully extended is 32.5".

ETA: what do pistol fans think of the Geissele B-GRF (Geissele Rapid Fire) trigger?  I used the Aero LPK for this build with the standard (I assume mil spec?) trigger, and it's not great.  For my 3G build I have the SD-3G which I absolutely love, but Brownells has the B-GRF on sale right now for $149.99.  Good trigger, good price?  Thanks!

Link Posted: 3/12/2020 9:26:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Beautiful weapon
Link Posted: 3/13/2020 8:46:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Beautiful weapon
View Quote
Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/13/2020 1:59:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Can't go wrong with any Geissele

I prefer the super-semi-automatic-enhanced-ssa-e-trigger.  ====>  My Fave
Link Posted: 3/13/2020 2:50:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Nice looking Setup, no experience with the rapid fire G i think they make them specifically for Brownells my personal favorite is the sd e and ssa e
Link Posted: 3/15/2020 9:04:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Larue MBT is arguably the best bang for the buck. I have 2 MBTs and an SSA-E and it is hard to tell the difference.
Link Posted: 3/15/2020 2:09:21 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm frugal - I buy Rise Armament RA-140s every time they are on sale - usually around $80 IIRC. I love'em.
Link Posted: 3/15/2020 4:30:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Larue MBT is arguably the best bang for the buck. I have 2 MBTs and an SSA-E and it is hard to tell the difference.
View Quote
Are those still available for less than $100?
Link Posted: 3/15/2020 9:56:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Yep, $80!!!
Link Posted: 3/17/2020 8:18:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote
I won't argue with that.  I love the 2 stage version.  I put one in my CMMG MK3.
Link Posted: 3/17/2020 4:51:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks all for the comments and recommendations.  I did go with the B-GRF though.  Should be here next week if the world doesn't end in the meantime.  Will report back after test firing.
Link Posted: 3/17/2020 5:31:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Do you want to shoot fast or precision?

If you want to shoot fast the Geissele 3gun triggers are great, but they are designed for fast accurate shooting.

If you precision, I would go with a Larue MBT in hard to beat.

I have 3 MBTs and G2S and a S3G, the S3G is great for 3 gun, but in my hunting rifles I prefer the MBTs.
Link Posted: 3/17/2020 7:00:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Do you want to shoot fast or precision?
View Quote
Fast.  This is an 8" pistol with a 4 MOA dot
Link Posted: 3/17/2020 11:40:04 PM EDT
[#13]
It's a fantastic trigger and nearly indistinguishable from the S3G. Rolling break, no discernible wall, extremely positive and short reset.

Fast as it gets.
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 1:38:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
It's a fantastic trigger and nearly indistinguishable from the S3G. Rolling break, no discernible wall, extremely positive and short reset.

Fast as it gets.
View Quote
Thanks!  That's the kind of feedback I was hoping for!
Link Posted: 3/19/2020 5:30:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Corona project

Link Posted: 3/27/2020 7:54:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Range report.  Finally got a chance to shoot with the B-GRF trigger and JP silent spring.  Sweet - the trigger is just as smooth and fast as my SD-3G, really liking it.  Here's a pic to prove it happened.  (Getting tough to find an open range around here.  Was able to make it to the sighting-in range at Phelps WMA in Fauquier County VA, and that closes seasonally on March 31st.) This is 10 rds of S&B 200 gr and 15 of Fiocchi 220 gr at 25 yds unsupported.  Not sure which was the fliers.

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top