Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/16/2018 2:36:41 AM EDT
I'm sure you guys will enjoy the m16 wielding in this.

Hotlink
Link Posted: 9/16/2018 2:43:12 AM EDT
[#1]
It annoys me the way they hold that rifle on the range.
Link Posted: 9/16/2018 5:40:05 AM EDT
[#2]
The AF CCT & TACP guys attached to us might as well have been issued pillows, because they just slept all day long.
Link Posted: 9/16/2018 7:16:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Excellent use of a period correct Chevy LUV.
Link Posted: 9/16/2018 8:13:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Times have changed, that is for sure.  All in all though, not a bad little safety film.

ka
Link Posted: 9/16/2018 9:34:57 AM EDT
[#5]
M16a1 maintenance 1968 this channel on YouTube is excellent
Link Posted: 9/16/2018 10:14:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Times have changed, that is for sure.  All in all though, not a bad little safety film.

ka
View Quote
Sums up my thoughts as well.
Link Posted: 9/16/2018 8:24:48 PM EDT
[#7]
OMG.....I remember this one in my early days as part of the Big MAC Attack. I suspected first viewing it was filmed at Norton AFB CA and then second time heard the Desk Sgt say "Norton Control"

Shooting from the hip was trained when I came in via the SPC course and went away during Clinton era ammo shortages but the rationale was controlled grazing fire ala "Charlies in the Wire" mentality  (like you really would be standing upright like a gunfighter in the street....pretty useless)
Link Posted: 9/18/2018 2:15:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Case in point...R Lee Ermey's Mail Call simliar technique in AK47 vs M16M16 vs AK47 Mail Call
Link Posted: 9/18/2018 5:08:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/18/2018 9:53:25 AM EDT
[#10]
I liked the Army 1957 Prisoner Guard one where its Ok to shoot to diasable after the second order to halt....
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 9:20:18 AM EDT
[#11]
LOL, when I was a CATM instructor at Hurlburt Field several years ago, we had a GS instructor that was retired SAMTU/CATM after 20 years then did another 20 years as a GS CATM instructor.  He always had a great sense of humor but described himself as an “empty, broken shell of a man” after that many years in the career field.  Basically, after that many years of teaching students,, some of which were doing good if they knew which end of the rifle the bullet came out of, he really didn’t give a damn anymore.  LOL  Anyways, when it came to teaching the firearms safety portion of the class, he had a VHS tape of “Guns Are Different” that he would just throw in the VCR, push the play button and leave the classroom with the students to watch that gem.  He said that way he didn’t have to talk to them that way.  Did I mention that he pretty much didn’t give a damn by that point?  Still a great guy and a wealth of knowledge but boy, was he burned out after 40 years of teaching.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 3:45:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9w02al2z5S4 I'm sure you guys will enjoy the m16 wielding in this.

Hotlink
View Quote

I watched it as far as the part where the guy got shot through the eye during a "simulation". WTF! Live ammo during a simulation!?!?!? The person who should have gone to the brig  was whoever was in charge of that training.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 10:31:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
LOL, when I was a CATM instructor at Hurlburt Field several years ago, we had a GS instructor that was retired SAMTU/CATM after 20 years then did another 20 years as a GS CATM instructor.  He always had a great sense of humor but described himself as an "empty, broken shell of a man" after that many years in the career field.  Basically, after that many years of teaching students,, some of which were doing good if they knew which end of the rifle the bullet came out of, he really didn't give a damn anymore.  LOL  Anyways, when it came to teaching the firearms safety portion of the class, he had a VHS tape of "Guns Are Different" that he would just throw in the VCR, push the play button and leave the classroom with the students to watch that gem.  He said that way he didn't have to talk to them that way.  Did I mention that he pretty much didn't give a damn by that point?  Still a great guy and a wealth of knowledge but boy, was he burned out after 40 years of teaching.
View Quote
I imagine he used it for an extended smoke break...I kept expecting Airman Smith to go full Beaver Cleaver "Gee Chief, the Commander was pretty sore at me because he hollered at me for a long time....." using the Jerry Mathers acting methodology
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 9:58:52 AM EDT
[#14]
I was in the AF from 75-94. Cross trained to the Security Police in 81. I’ve never seen a CMSGT act friendly unless he was talking to another senior NCO or an officer. I went through that stripes and no star nonsense too. I never shot an M16 from the hip. And those haircuts...
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 12:16:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
The AF CCT & TACP guys attached to us might as well have been issued pillows, because they just slept all day long.
View Quote
That is only because we got our job done and didn't play Army games.  Like I told all my buddies in the Army; "you had 4 choices and you chose this"?  I did 4 years in the USMC 0311 and learned my lesson.  Luckily in the AF "Infantry", CATM instruction was just a formality and we did advanced M4 and M9 training the rest of the year.  Started  with A2s and then M4 with Aimpoint, M4 with ACOG, M4 with ELCAN.  Everyone in our group was a professional with weapons and training otherwise they were weeded out. Of course 1 or 2 slip through.  For a while we were able to skip CATM and use the Army 300 pop up range and M9 range.  I only missed expert a few times. I have never seen any of our guys shoot from the hip.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top