Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/2/2022 5:33:12 PM EDT
Does anyone know anywhere that sells a 16" 5.56 pencil/lightweight barrel with a carbine length gas system?

I know mid length is better but this is for a specific project so, yes, it needs to be a carbine length.  

I had a link to one saved but it's lost off in the matrix somewhere. I'm guessing that barrel has since been discontinued because I can't find one anywhere I've looked.  I figured if one exists, you guys would know where to find it.  Thanks
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 5:45:55 PM EDT
[#1]
https://shop.windhamweaponry.com/product/ba16slft/
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 7:56:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Del-Ton offers a chrome lined option; More goodies included here vs Windam
Can't speak to actual experience with either brand but I'm contemplating a similar build myself.
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 9:26:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Muchos thanks!

I wish they were 1/7 instead of 1/9 but other than that, great options.

Anyone know what kind of quality difference there is between the Windam and Delton offerings?  As for the Delton, if I went that route, I'd choose the chrome lined barrel option.
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 10:06:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/3/2022 1:26:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/3/2022 3:16:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Bushmaster
View Quote

Thanks, but this is a complete rifle.  I just need a barrel, barrel assembly or possibly a complete upper.
Link Posted: 1/3/2022 3:28:10 PM EDT
[#7]

These seem like a good option.  I'm not sure the lack of chrome lining is that big of a deal but the "as is/no return" part is a bit concerning.  They have a good rating and the few bad ones seem to be unfounded. I dunno, the good rating aside, the "as is/no return" thing may be a deal killer for me.

Interesting that they say the barrels are "sub MOA".  I don't think I'd bet on that lol.
Link Posted: 1/3/2022 4:11:01 PM EDT
[#8]
I picked up 4 or 5 of these gunbroker barrels linked above a few months ago to get chopped down for a few different projects. It should come out to about $110 shipped or so for one (I bought a bunch at once, so I'm not sure).

16" bushmaster patrol lightweight barrel with pinned gas block. .625 gas block journal. carbine gas. 1/8 twist.

ETA: I'll say they were all exactly as advertised. I didn't get to shoot them before I left the country, so I can't speak to the MOA guarantee, but the quality of the barrels was excellent.

Here are a few of them prior to getting sent to John Thomas to get cut down.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/4/2022 12:59:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I picked up 4 or 5 of these gunbroker barrels linked above a few months ago to get chopped down for a few different projects. It should come out to about $110 shipped or so for one (I bought a bunch at once, so I'm not sure).

16" bushmaster patrol lightweight barrel with pinned gas block. .625 gas block journal. carbine gas. 1/8 twist.

ETA: I'll say they were all exactly as advertised. I didn't get to shoot them before I left the country, so I can't speak to the MOA guarantee, but the quality of the barrels was excellent.

Here are a few of them prior to getting sent to John Thomas to get cut down.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/435611/Screenshot_20210731-152156_Photo_Editor_-2034965.JPG
View Quote

This is very good to know, thank you.

Did they come with the complete front sight block like the bottom one in your picture or like the top ones?  I'd prefer to have a front sight block if possible.  That may not be the right terminology but basically I'd like to have the complete front sight block assembly for buis.
Link Posted: 1/4/2022 5:28:53 AM EDT
[#10]
no that was a virgin fsb that I also sent in to have john thomas pin to the barrel
Link Posted: 1/4/2022 2:41:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Ok, thanks.
Link Posted: 1/4/2022 8:51:56 PM EDT
[#12]
The Delton 16" lightweight is back in stock for now.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top