Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/14/2020 10:15:34 AM EDT
Hi Folks,
Apologies if this has been covered, but I was unable to find much up-to-date information of who is manufacturing AR lowers and uppers in 10mm.  I would prefer to use Glock 20 magazines and something like a 12 or 14" barrels, but I am flexible on that.

I have seen the Banshee™ 200, Mk10, 10mm and its nice, but I would rather build my own.  I have built several ARs, so I the build at least wouldn't be new to me.

Can anyone pass along some links or companies that are making dedicated lowers and uppers for 10mm?

Thanks for any help!
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 10:15:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 11:57:02 PM EDT
[#2]
I know you want to build your own, but other than budget, there’s no reason to not go with the CMMG radial delay vs. a straight blowback.
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 9:15:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Rudy @ Macon Armory (MadMachinist here, not sure on spelling) does a DI 10mm upper...
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 3:08:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By eye-gor:
Rudy @ Macon Armory (MadMachinist here, not sure on spelling) does a DI 10mm upper...
View Quote

Came to post this as well +1
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 7:42:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Joe Bob Outfitters makes a good upper and parts to build on,, plus, it charges on the upper reciver so you can use a short barrel without getting your hand cose to the muzzle.
I bought one and put together a 45 acp and love it with a 4" barrel
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 9:27:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I know you want to build your own, but other than budget, there’s no reason to not go with the CMMG radial delay vs. a straight blowback.
View Quote

If the CMMG is still killing brass on the 10mm model, as a reloader that makes it a "No Go".
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 1:48:59 AM EDT
[#7]
May be the same builder/modder mentioned above, but I've seen two documented attempts. I can only find one saved link (magnum not auto), so I can't specifically outline if they were two looks at one attempt.

But take a look https://www.pirate4x4.com/threads/ar-project-10mm-magnum.807061/page-2

In successful cases, cutting out the lower central lug from the barrel was the path to getting flat nosed lead to chamber. Interestingly, either doing this didn't occur to, or they thought it would be better if they didn't, the crew at Teppo Jutsu. Wanting to get 10mm to load in a stock barrel extension eventually led to Teppo fitting a .338 spitzer bullet into slightly necked down 10mm brass, which birthed 300AAC's bigger, clandestine brother--338 Spectre.

Also
https://www.ar15.com/forums/armory/10mm-carbine/48-503238/
https://www.gunsamerica.com/digest/thureon-defense-10mm-carbine-pcc-review/

HAWT
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top