AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/15/2003 10:07:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/15/2003 10:32:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Yea people who cant help but brag to others and rat themselves out,post pictures,as long as you are not shooting on public land no one has a right to know anything,if its in the privacy of your own home or on your own land and your not building postbans as prebans and selling them as prebans, and you keep your mouth shut no one will know what you have,unless you are doing unlawful things to attract attention,unless theres proof I think americans are still protected under the 4th ammendment from illegal searches and seizures,My advice to people dont post pics of what you have anywhere,talk about it but keep your things private.To me I guess its easier because my rifles were bought when prebans were rifles that could no longer be imported so my now preban was not originally a 1600 dollar rifle,in a year people will be able to configure it the way they want to,I heard CMMG for instance now sells a 14.5 with a washer slightly longer so the A2 birdcage can be permanently attched,wish I knew that before the phantom wich is awesome but with a birdcage its the proper look.So how ever you assemble it keep it to yourself and if the SHTF no one is going to care pre or post what will matter is having a weapon that works,no one will try to check the serial# if they are on the receiving end especialy a criminal bent on shutting you down all he will know is he dosent want to get shot,theres an old union saying"out of sight..out of mind"cant get in trouble with something thats not seen or made public.Be a law abiding citizen and keep your buisness private,als for all we know it could be a preban lower and there is no law against a post ban upper being on a preban lower sometimes you can get a good deal on something even if its not the type of barrel you want so lets not jump the gun and accuse a fellow member of posting something illegal unless we know for sure,and the only one who does is the postee and thats his buisness he posted the picture,in other words he made his bed and hell lie in it its on him illegal or not its not me so im not going to get on someone else when I dont know for sure cause you cant tell unless some of you down loaded the picture and with a magnifying glass are trying to read the serial#,I worry abot things that concern me.
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 8:28:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Sorry if my earlier post was a little strong.  I used to be a C3 dealer, and as such I made extra sure to watch my P's and Q's.  Didn't want even a hint of impropriety lest ATF shut throw me in the pokey, and/or worse, confiscate all my inventory.  At any rate, here is a PC photo that some of you may have seen on an earlier thread of mine.  I even stated that I couldn't actually mount them together because the lower is postban, the upper is preban.  I am building a postban, but wanted to show some idea of what it may look like, but all I had handy was a preban 16" M4 to show it with.
[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=15629[/img]

Yeah, it makes the picture look dorky, but that quarter inch of separation is the difference from me being legal, and me being a felon who proved it with a photo. I figure, why take chances?  I want to keep all my guns and stay out court/jail.  Ah the price we pay for these silly laws.
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 10:58:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
HAS ANYBODY HERE OR ANYWHERE EVER BEEN ARRESTED FOR POST BAN VIOLATIONS?

I didnt think so.

The Democrats and gun control advocates have done a very good job at making you all paranoid about getting "busted" by the post ban police. Now maybe in Calif I could see that but the remaining free US I dont see that.

I know there are exceptions.

Who here has the nuts to resist these stupid Bills?
Just gonna hide behind letters to your congressman or president and wimper....

The biggest changes in Freedon came from major uprisings and resistance....

DO ANY OF YOU REMEMBER IN SCHOOL 1776.....

The Boston Tea Party.....

Hey lets go so far as Civil rights.....

Any of you remember Rosa Parks? Riding on the white part of the bus...

Drinking from the white only fountains?

Stand up against these rediculous laws or bills or what ever....And just WTF law ends.....or sunsets I am no lawyer but a real law will never end or sunset.. maybe thats why the BATF hates to prosecute anybody on a fleeting law that may disappear in a year or get changed.....

get a life and stop being paranoid.....

With the exception of the MG ban I dont see a big deal with having evil features on anything you own........

How rediculous is the FAB 10 compared to the AR pre or post the FAB 10 can have FH and stocks.

it blows my mind that so many of you can get paranoid about pre ban or post ban laws........

By the way, I am certain the post ban police are recording your brain waves now so think nice thoughts when you wear your tin foil hats
[:P]
View Quote

Really? First of all, don't assume the BATF "Post Ban Police" is any more zealous about enforcing federal law in California than in any other state. We're talking about a federal law here, not a state law.

Second, if you think it's no big deal, one has to wonder why you recently spent $800-$1000 each on two preban Colts and only $450 on a postban Bushmaster. Why would you spend double the price for prebans when you "dont see a big deal with having evil features on anything you own..."? And don't tell me because the Colts are collectible. The only collectible Colts are the SP1 and the 7.63x39, right? Seems like a waste of money to me.

Third, since you seem to like these picture threads and you don't know how to host pics, I'll be more than happy to host some pictures of your legal or illegal rifles for you if you email them to me. Don't worry about that preban/postban stuff and don't worry that state and federal law enforcement authorities read these forums and may see them... unless you're paranoid. [:D] Oh, and send a pic of your DIAS too while you're at it.

Fourth, I agree with most of what you wrote about standing up for your rights and how ridiculous these laws are. You got spunk, son, and that ain't all bad.
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 11:12:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Does anyone know the exact reason that a collapsable stock is supposed to be so bad? I have a M-4gery with a RRA entry stock on it and I can't think of anything that a four position could do that would be more evil than it.
View Quote

Yes, I have a theory on the whole banned rifle evil features problem. Most people mention drive-by bayonettings, or "no one hides in bushes"(flash hiders). And the "hideable in coat jacket" assumption.

The point of banning these items was because all these banned rifles had some or all of these evil features. Which in the eyes of unknowledgeable idiots in Congress/Senate meant the whole rifle would cease to exist. By banning these features, they attemted to cover every military style firearm available to us.

My theory starts here: they did not even think about the gun industry circumventing these evil features; adding thumbhole stocks, filing away bayo lugs, fixing stocks open...it never occured to them that this could or would be done!

They thought they had done it, but even the AK is still around 14 years later due to ingenious thinking on behalf of gun owners and the industry. I think they underestimated our resolve which is precisely why the newest ban circulating around now covers everything they missed the first time around.

Link Posted: 8/17/2003 11:27:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Okay, Tweak.

Have to ask...

Where did you get your shorty triangular handguards???

Thanks in advance,

uxb
View Quote

I don't think anyone sells the short triangle guards as is.  Hay River sells a end cap that you use with cut down 20" triangular guards.

Hay River Trading Company
P.O. Box 176
Almena, WI 54805

The end cap is just a triangle piece of stamped sheet-metal with 2 lips..one outer on the 'front' to hold the hand guards in place & one inner on the back to lock it into the delta ring.
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 12:34:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Strange insn't it. as far as I am aware, as a UK resident I can have all the "evil" bits mentioned in this discussion, including a silencer (for my ear protection), but the bit i want most I cannot have.

The gas system :-(

Now if I was allowed the gas system, I would trade the adjustable shorty stock and...???
:-)
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 12:36:27 PM EDT
[#8]

Here's an off-topic question, do I need the "carbine buffer and spring" that Brownells sells seperately from the RRA 6-position stock????

IT says in the ad that it comes with a buffer and spring, is the "carbine" buffer/spring special?

I've never had a collapsable stock before.

Link Posted: 8/17/2003 2:08:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Second, if you think it's no big deal, one has to wonder why you recently spent $800-$1000 each on two preban Colts and only $450 on a postban Bushmaster. Why would you spend double the price for prebans when you "dont see a big deal with having evil features on anything you own..."?
View Quote

Ouch, that really touched a nerve.  I won't quote exactly how much, but I have spent [b]thousands[/b] of dollars just to get the prebans and remain legal.  That will really hurt if the AW laws go away.  I hated to spend all that money which could have bought other guns and stuff, but I am in full compliance and don't have to worry about violations.  As a dealer, I was much more high profile and a bigger target in ATF's eyes.  A private citizen is more more low keyed and wouldn't have to worry so much.

MP906, I don't have the latest Brownells catalog, but keep this in mind.  If you are buying a postban FIXED/PINNED carbine collapsing stock, then a full rifle buffer and spring (and tube) are generally used.  If it is a preban carbine stock that can collapse, and the add includes buffer and spring, then you shouldn't need to order another - there is no special buffer and spring.  The exception is special buffers of varying weights, and buffers that are designed to reduce cyclic rate. HTH
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top