Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 8:00:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Ya know,
I am thinking of mounting this to my new A2 9mm.  Is the included ring suitable for mounting to a cheap carry handle mount?

I have read the threads on the tacpoint scope and know what a  piece of crud it is compared to an aimpoint but it is an improvement over the Wal-mart BSA that I've got now.

thanks

ka
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 9:30:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Ignore the Tacpoint bashers. They're just upset they paid $400 for an optic that they could have gotten for much less.

Fuel for the fire I say
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 10:25:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Yes do not let these guys rattle your cage about these scopes being Junk. Very expensive military quality stuff is not always the best way to go.

To show my point I want to tell you a quick story about a Mil-Spec story.  I worked for a company that built electronics for the military and we ran out of Loctite one day. I found a store in the area that sold Mil-Spec Loctite. I did not get to the store until the next day and when I asked for Loctite I was presented with a bottle and was told $37. I looked at the bottle and could not find the Mil-Spec sticker that has the information on it so we could use it. I said I need Mil-Spec Loctite and he grabbed the bottle back, reached into a drawer, pulled out some Mil-Spec labels and affixed one to the bottle. He said that will be $73! Same stuff in bottle but because they test all their products to Mil-Spec they charge less for the same thing to Joe Blow on the street for half the price.

Yes the manufacturer spends thousands of dollars getting their product screened and tested to Mil-Spec requirements but that does not make a scope that we will use for “playing around” with JUNK. It may make it inferior in quality to an Aimpoint (how much we do not know) but Junk???  Unless the world falls apart I am never going to have to worry about this scope being put into an environment that would push the quality limit of either of these units.

My AR is my TOY and nothing more that I can foresee in my lifetime. Many of us have these as TOYS just because we think they are COOL and love guns like I did when I was 10 and got my first Stevens 22.

I think some of these guys forget that this forum is built with a wide array of people and lots of us think of our AR's as a SPORT and nothing more. To prove that, I am a Democrat that thinks the Assault weapon ban is and was a total joke and yet I am here on a site where I can express my thoughts.

MAN THAT IS WHAT AMERICA IS ALL ABOUT!
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 12:13:00 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Ignore the Tacpoint bashers. They're just upset they paid $400 for an optic that they could have gotten for much less.

Fuel for the fire I say

ok..now im not a tacpoint basher...but this statement is ignorant.  for 400 dollars you are getting more quality than you will with the tacpoint, how much more, i am uncertain....but i do not think that anyone who has held or used both units side by side will claim they are of the exact same quality.

the tacpoint has already failed a few water tests, so that alone tells you that the Aimpoint is a more quality piece of gear....does this rule out the tacpoint for plinking purposes??, absolutely not.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 2:38:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Yes, it has failed some water tests. I do not intend to go swimming with mine though so im not worried.

The Aimpoint has had a rash of fluctuating dots from bright to dim which has been linked to a faulty riostat.

Hmm, at least ill have a functioning dot to shoot with as long as I dont DUNK my scope.

I think the ignorance may lie in you.  My statement was directed at the HUGE crowd that feel the TacPoint is a Piece of shit because its made in another country and doesn't coast $400 +. The people that buy a TacPoint are probably not the super elite real world 'operators' like those on this board who continue to bash it.

To each his own.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 5:26:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Thumpernator - You forget the main Corporate home for Aimpoint seems to be overseas also :)  so the claim they make about "not made in the USA" is not completely true for Aimpoint. I bet if you look at thier list of suppliers you may just find an asian company or two suppling them parts or maybe even the metals that are used in the part. Made in the USA (sadly) is not what it once was.

I read that they build some here but the cash mainly goes overseas also.  
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 5:45:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Hey since we are on the subject I just bought mine. And if anyone is interested it was $95 plus $9.95 shipping nickle less than $105 shipped

Here is the FA on eBay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=31714&item=7103944427

and if you need a mount:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7103331280

hug.gif
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 7:49:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Hey kneese.

I think you are confused. I support Tacpoint and im sick of hearing all the other bash them.

Cheers.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 8:27:37 PM EDT
[#9]
No my support was for you completely. You said they think it is a piece of S___ because it is made in another country and I was saying they should feel the same way about Aimpoint because it to is based in another country.  No it is not an asian company but NOT USA either.

Sorry, I am on your side 100%.

Link Posted: 9/25/2004 5:11:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Ah, in that case. Good post!
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 4:44:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 5:33:22 PM EDT
[#12]
and that is a problem how?
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 5:58:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 8:52:39 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
and that is a problem how?

You don't see a problem with supporting the Red Army??? The only super power left on the planet that has 100% of the nukes pointed at us??? Are you sure you live in VA???

C4

Hey thump, if you live in Va, you are in C4 cult area. It's probably not safe to argue with him. I heard they burn Tacpoints in your yard.
And C4, make sure you specify that it is the Chinese red army you don't want any support for. Because the Vietnamese red army is our friend.

And to everybody else, can we please drop the whole issue now? It's kinda been played out.
I am a little sick of these threads getting hijacked. This thread was about mounts wasn't it?
USA vs. China belongs in the general forum. Have a nice day.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 9:54:21 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 10:24:23 AM EDT
[#16]
That's awesome. How about posting this in the general discussion forums? Or is a forum about tactical nylon gear?
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 10:26:38 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 10:54:03 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
one that puts the dot on the front sight.

Thanks!

Have you used a dot sight before?  You might want to reconsider the dot height.  I much prefer the dot to sit well above the front sight, high enough that the irons are just visible in the lower portion of the optic.  This gives a much clearer sight picture.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 1:03:17 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:
No my support was for you completely. You said they think it is a piece of S___ because it is made in another country and I was saying they should feel the same way about Aimpoint because it to is based in another country.  No it is not an asian company but NOT USA either.

Sorry, I am on your side 100%.

I don't think anyone has a problem with the Aimpoint NOT being made in the U.S. The problem is that the tacpoint is made 100% in China...

C4

No disrespect meant  Grant, but just turn over your mouse, speakers, keyboard and look at where they are made......
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 1:05:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 1:11:21 PM EDT
[#21]
Computers???? Just aboaut anything you buy that has more than 2 parts has something from Asian in it (just about). If you were to toss out anything that is either made in China or parts of it (or even the metal) were made in China there would be not much in your house and YOU would never be surfing here on the web.

Do I like it NO do I have to live with it YES until we get a government that works for us more than sepecial interests of any kind. That goes for Republican and Democracts.

Tacpoints are made in China and if they are of good quality that is all you can ask for in this world we live in.

So that is why I bought one.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 1:26:42 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
You are the about the 80th person to say that. There is a difference between CHOOSING to buy a Chinese made product and having NO CHOICE!

C4

Point taken
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 8:29:52 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
You are the about the 80th person to say that. There is a difference between CHOOSING to buy a Chinese made product and having NO CHOICE!

C4

So you never have to buy chinese ANYTHING again This site list places to get almost anything "made in the USA"
www.usstuff.com/
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 8:45:11 PM EDT
[#24]
Hey the guy who is selling the Hakko scopes has two more up for option. $104 shiiped. Check out my previous post and then check the user "other items for auction"

But keep it quiet Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 11:57:40 PM EDT
[#25]
Try the "Nato" Mount from Centerfire Systems. It worked fine for me and is see-through as well.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 4:27:52 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 4:39:33 AM EDT
[#27]
Colt sucks!
Er....sorry, wrong thread.  
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top