AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/9/2011 6:28:38 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I had asked about these barrels a couple months back. A couple people said they were serviceable. I have no experience with them.

yea, that's about all i need it to be. It will be for a back up upper!

Pics and reviews!!!!

Link Posted: 2/10/2011 2:55:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
I had asked about these barrels a couple months back. A couple people said they were serviceable. I have no experience with them.

yea, that's about all i need it to be. It will be for a back up upper!

Pics and reviews!!!!

Roger that!
Link Posted: 2/27/2011 2:20:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Barrel to arrive Wednesday. I will provide a range report soon!
Link Posted: 2/27/2011 3:21:48 PM EDT
[#4]
good luck...
Link Posted: 2/27/2011 4:34:01 PM EDT
[#5]
There backorder system doesn't seem to be that good.

My dad ordered some .380 from them, and the dates kept getting pushed back.

My friend ordered 1k of Wolf 762 from them, and it was backordered.  I went to their site a bit later, it was in stock and ordered 1k.  I got mine before he got his.
Link Posted: 3/4/2011 3:49:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Here are some pics. I wouldn't say that I'm impressed necessarily, however, for 89 dollars after coupon I cannot complain too much. I'm not too sure about the crown though.

No taper pin holes

1/7 5.56

m4 feedramps
Link Posted: 3/4/2011 3:51:59 PM EDT
[#7]
This is the receiver she will be going on. I forgot to include the pic, it's currently wearing a MATECH rear sight.

http://www.barrettrifles.com/Store/product/Barrett-Marked-M468-Upper,1133,62.htm
Link Posted: 3/4/2011 4:47:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I'll pass. Little things like " M4 Styled barrel" or " Similar to military finish" or whatever they said. They sure didn't say it was truly a M4 barrel, nor what steel it is made out of, or the company than made it,the finish may not be more then Krylon, I don't believe it mentioned M4 feedramps. Sounds like a box of Cracker Jacks and not something I would risk the cash on.
YMMV

FYI  I ordered two just to see if they were any good, dark grey park finish, m4 feed ramps, looks to be chrome lined, I mounted a gas block and tube, stuck it on a flat top upper ran some 77 gr BH thru it and it groups great, under and inch at 100. It was worth the gamble.
Link Posted: 3/5/2011 4:29:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Caliber stampings aren't much to go on, but that looks the same as the stamp on my Del-Ton barrel (1x9 though).  It says Nato instead of NATO.  Del-Ton stated in their industry forum that they use Mossberg barrels so this seems to check out as for the manufacturer.  I was on paper at 600 yards with mine a few months ago using 55gr Federal bulk pack from Wal-Mart.  I won't pretend that there was anything remotely resembling a good group, but I hadn't shot at more that 100 yards before so I was impressed.

Link Posted: 3/5/2011 8:33:10 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
No taper pin holes

And its not going to unless they were drilled for a FSB.
Link Posted: 3/5/2011 8:51:06 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
No taper pin holes

And its not going to unless they were drilled for a FSB.

Yup, I'm going to save the trouble and just run an Allen Key low profile gas block. Then I'll Rock Sett it.
Link Posted: 3/5/2011 10:02:09 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
You guys will let your own hard heads and superstitions keep you from getting great deals. Hey, SG has a bullet-proof guarantee. If you don't like the barrel, get a refund! If I were looking for a barrel of that type, I'd be on it in a minute.

See, this is the problem.  We're not talking about "superstitions".   But then, the "just as good as" syndrome is a great example of magical thinking.
Link Posted: 3/5/2011 11:28:48 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
You guys will let your own hard heads and superstitions keep you from getting great deals. Hey, SG has a bullet-proof guarantee. If you don't like the barrel, get a refund! If I were looking for a barrel of that type, I'd be on it in a minute.

See, this is the problem.  We're not talking about "superstitions".   But then, the "just as good as" syndrome is a great example of magical thinking.

Believe me, if this was my go to AR I would not be going for a budget build. Because of my first AR, I'm on a budget for my back up.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 5:49:17 PM EDT
[#14]
another update

here it is on this upper

This is after 800 rounds of .223/5.56 and 1000 rounds of .22

Link Posted: 5/3/2011 5:49:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top