Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/28/2010 4:15:13 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

I agree. I was thinking the same thing.  Same metal, pretreated the same.  I haven't touched the plates since the start and I might be surprised to see whats on the other side.

I'm definitely interested once the test is over.

Link Posted: 11/28/2010 4:47:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the great write up. It really helps for someone like me thats still learning all the tricks of the trade. I currently use CLP Break Free for cleaning and lubing, It seems to work well but it very thin. I was looking up on google the slip 2000 EWL to give it a try but the only place i can find online to buy it is at Bravo Company. I have never ordered from them b4 but i have heard nothing but good things from the. Do typical store ie, walmart, gander mt, dicks etc carry this stuff?
Link Posted: 11/28/2010 5:55:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I vote sticky

+1
Link Posted: 11/28/2010 6:39:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Excellent work, thank you. If you decide on running another test I have two or three things I would like to send you.
Link Posted: 11/28/2010 6:45:11 PM EDT
[#5]
One product I don't see mentioned on here is RIG. My understanding is that if you want something for rust inhibition it is the standard. I know it's old school but I would like to see it tested also.
Link Posted: 12/15/2010 7:44:19 AM EDT
[#6]
any chance of seeing Weapon Shield in the next test?

I'm kind of torn between Slip2k EWL and WS right now.

which of those two would you recommend for storage?

and, as far as Slip2k goes, I don't quite get the difference between the Carbon Killer and the 725 cleaner, can someone please enlighten me on this?
Link Posted: 12/16/2010 3:34:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Carbon Killer is for baked on carbon like you can find on the bolt or inside of a suppressor. 725 Cleaner is for your evey day general purpose cleaning and is great in an ultrasonic cleaner. I use it to remove cosmoline  from som old guns I collect. If you lube you BCG with the ewl it wipes clean with out the use of the above mentioned products.
Link Posted: 12/16/2010 8:30:15 AM EDT
[#8]
thanks for clarifying that!

I've just seen they got a special Piston-Parts-cleaner as well, does it make much of a difference if i clean my pistons with the 725 or the specialized piston cleaner?

any chance someone used both EWL and Weapon Shield, and wants to comment on both?
Link Posted: 12/16/2010 11:39:23 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Carbon Killer is for baked on carbon like you can find on the bolt or inside of a suppressor. 725 Cleaner is for your evey day general purpose cleaning and is great in an ultrasonic cleaner. I use it to remove cosmoline  from som old guns I collect. If you lube you BCG with the ewl it wipes clean with out the use of the above mentioned products.

I will say that shooting Russian steel cased makes the carbon on my bolt build up no matter what I do.

Link Posted: 12/17/2010 2:54:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
thanks for clarifying that!

I've just seen they got a special Piston-Parts-cleaner as well, does it make much of a difference if i clean my pistons with the 725 or the specialized piston cleaner?

any chance someone used both EWL and Weapon Shield, and wants to comment on both?

The EWL and Weapon Shield are both high quality products and I don't think you can go wrong with either one....in short I prefer the Weapon Shield due to cost and overall performance.
I'd suggest contacting Slip2000 and Weapon Shield to request a sample of each.Then do your own testing and see which one tickles your fancy.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top