User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 5:15:12 PM EDT
[#1]
I ordered a 20" 1:12 with fsb from retro rifle.com a week or two ago.  Just waiting for it to show before I finish my rifle.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 7:15:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Not the prices you want to see by any means....... but maybe these kits are desirable to someone needing original barrels. You could always part out the items you don't need. Good luck!

https://www.centuryarms.com/surplus-corner/parts-accessories?surplus_parts_acc_model=119
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 11:04:10 AM EDT
[#3]
It seems that the Great Primer Shortage of 2020 has now turned into the Great Pencil Barrel Shortage of 2021.  I suppose the 7 million new gun owners (and each new gun requires a barrel) has caused barrels to be in short supply, along with primers, powder and bullets.  Judging from the prices being asked for pencil barrels on the EE and Gun Broker, retail plus pricing has become the norm.  I do hope things calm down soon as I have a couple of retro builds awaiting barrels, but that may be wishful thinking on my part.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 12:40:36 PM EDT
[#4]
I used to sell Nodak spud clones for 550$ At my store. Colt parts.  Random usgi barrels.  With a cleaning kit, manual and mags..  I got complaints back then.  Because it wasn’t  Cheap enough or too plain or not or named after a black ghost death spider snake skull bravo tactical brand with rails.  

I wish I had kept everythjng.  

I even had real “simulators “ in stock.  
It was a nice store
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 11:22:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Ballistic Advantage posted today they dropped lower volume SKU's from production and will focus on what's moving.   So, that explains why no pencil barrels left in 5.56 for quite awhile now (not even on the site).  One of the few places to get a 16" pencil barrel with FSB ready to go
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 11:39:49 PM EDT
[#6]
I found a Green Mountain A1 1/12 barrel for sale on gunboards for $200 shipped. This isn’t my ad, but I know these barrels are in demand.
A1 barrel for sale on gunboards.com
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 11:42:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Brownells has 20” 1-12 pencil barrels in stock, but unfortunately they won’t work with conventional front sight blocks
It looks like they be OK with modern type gas blocks
Leftovers from some retro rifle model.

Link Posted: 1/31/2021 11:43:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I found a Green Mountain A1 1/12 barrel for sale on gunboards for $200 shipped. This isn’t my ad, but I know these barrels are in demand.
View Quote

Couldn’t see it.   Don’t have permission to see, signed up a few days ago just so I could see it.  What a messed up discussion board format
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 5:05:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Brownells has 20” 1-12 pencil barrels in stock, but unfortunately they won’t work with conventional front sight blocks
It looks like they be OK with modern type gas blocks
Leftovers from some retro rifle model.

View Quote

They had those prototype barrels with the correct prototype FSB pinned last year, wonder what happened to the FSB's?

Btw if anyone bought one of those barrels with the pinned prototype FSB, I'm looking to get one.
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 5:26:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Couldn't see it.   Don't have permission to see, signed up a few days ago just so I could see it.  What a messed up discussion board format
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I found a Green Mountain A1 1/12 barrel for sale on gunboards for $200 shipped. This isn't my ad, but I know these barrels are in demand.
Couldn't see it.   Don't have permission to see, signed up a few days ago just so I could see it.  What a messed up discussion board format
I've had an account for years and got a permission error when I tried to look a few days ago.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top