User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 7:45:20 AM EDT
[#1]
I would say some time ago I purchased a 3x20 scope to mount on my Colt carry handle.  I have not used it much and find it a paperweight.  
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 8:37:56 AM EDT
[#2]
4 position CAR telestock. As soon as I handled a 6 position, the 4 has been relegated to the junkpile.
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 8:52:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Cheap knock-off of a Colt 4x20 scope.
Redi-Mag.  Returned it the next day.
Cheap carry-handle scope mount.
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 9:20:12 AM EDT
[#4]
1. USGI cleaning kit.   Used it once, figured there's got to be a better way.  (At least this wasn't a total loss, I still use the T handle and chamber brush.)

2. Bore Snake.   See #1.

Link Posted: 7/14/2003 7:29:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The "Amazing" (piece of $h1+) Hellfire trigger activator.  
View Quote
[ROFL2][ROFL2][ROFL]Check this out. I bought my first m4a3 1 week ago. 2nd magazine was a u.s.g.i. made by ok industries. I learned to bump fire those 30 rounds in 2.5 seconds.
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 7:55:23 PM EDT
[#6]

cheek rest for my CAR stock [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 8:47:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
By far, it is the pistol grip butt plug, followed closely by an accu-wedge. The first does not work, the second is un-needed.

Bob
View Quote

Yep and yep. Lost the grip plug first time I took it to the range... found it in the mud a week later at the range.

My Accu-Wedge is still sealed in its blister pack after a year and a half.

Link Posted: 7/14/2003 8:58:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Wow, lots of accu-wedge haters here. I personally find them useful. My rifles are not more accurate with them, but they do remove all play between the upper and lower. In my 2 well-used rifles, they needed it, lol. So, don't hate on the accuwedge. BTW-most useless thing I have bought for my AR's would be a cheap bayonet. I almost bought some Canadian Thermelt mags, but this website saved me.
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 9:04:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
#$%$#@@#Badger "tactical" latch. Biggest annoyance/problem prone device I've ever put on my rifles.
View Quote

damn..I love those things!  I will have a scope on all of my ARs at one point or another, and I find the tactical latch very handy...and on the rifles without scopes, I can just use my thumb on the charging handle.
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 9:30:19 PM EDT
[#10]
I have always seen the hellfire and whatever the new name it has now at the gun show. They always show the video. I figure out why they name it the hell fire. Once you got it home and tried to use it, the first thing you would say was "HELLFIRE, WHY DID I EVER BUY THAT THING". Glad I never bought one. Money would better be spent buying jerkey and kettle corn.  AMOS
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 10:25:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
"HELLFIRE, WHY DID I EVER BUY THAT THING".
View Quote

Exactly Kingfish!
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 4:00:49 AM EDT
[#12]
I would have to go along with the carry handle mounted, Chinese scope. It sits way to high to use, the optics are blurry in all but the very center. I learned for about the 10th time that cheap scopes are worthless.

The tac latch, the accuwedge, the tac sling etc are stuff I put on most of my ARs and will continue to do so. They work for me.
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 4:12:10 AM EDT
[#13]
I bought a crosshair front sight. The crosshairs were very fine and black. Works great until you take aim on something dark, the crosshairs disappear. Live and learn I guess.

Shabo
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 4:17:56 AM EDT
[#14]
cheap ass POS magazines!

[grenade]
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 4:53:59 AM EDT
[#15]
Cheap BSA and NcStar scopes.
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 6:02:22 AM EDT
[#16]
nothing yet, i started reading this webiste about 2 months before i bought my first AR [:D]
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 7:51:14 AM EDT
[#17]
"fixed" telestock.  
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 10:38:46 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
#$%$#@@#Badger "tactical" latch. Biggest annoyance/problem prone device I've ever put on my rifles.
View Quote

damn..I love those things!  I will have a scope on all of my ARs at one point or another, and I find the tactical latch very handy...and on the rifles without scopes, I can just use my thumb on the charging handle.
View Quote

Just wait till you wear the rifle in patrol position and have it snag on every possible item on your persons, oh not to mention when it wears through the charging handle retaining wall notch
'till you can't lock any latch in place because the badger ground off what little aluminum the retaining notch had and you enjoy the pleasure of having to buy a brand new upper. And YES IT HAS HAPPENED.
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 12:55:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Didn't know the crew was so heavily invested in butt plugs.  Hmmmm.

On a more serious note - for those folks who are looking to store something in your grip - one of my project leads recently had to buy a Stowaway grip from Bushmaster to protect some electronics he was installing in the pistol grip.(Work related - not on my AR) I know that specific grip & contents has over 1000 test firings on it and I would have heard about it if it had opened during firing.  You may want to look at it if storage in the grip is important.
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 12:58:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Just wait till you wear the rifle in patrol position and have it snag on every possible item on your persons, oh not to mention when it wears through the charging handle retaining wall notch
'till you can't lock any latch in place because the badger ground off what little aluminum the retaining notch had and you enjoy the pleasure of having to buy a brand new upper. And YES IT HAS HAPPENED.
View Quote

Another vote for the F****** tac-latch! bruised ribs (from the three point carry sling[BD]), and groin (from single point carry[nuts])!
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 1:04:33 PM EDT
[#21]
If you guys have any of those horrible, horrible Badger Tac-latches to give away, I'll take them off your hands. [:D]

I shoot lefty, and they work great for me.

CHRIS
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 1:07:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
For myself, it's the overpriced Bushmaster Crap-bine soft case (pic in catalog are deceiving) and handle plug, I should have got a hard case instead! But, what's is the best thing you got for your AR?

Blanks
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 2:17:22 PM EDT
[#23]
Now that others have mentioned it I also bought one of those piece of shit Chinese scopes and took it off the first time I tried to zero it.  I couldn't even get it to hit the paper at 100yds!

At least it was only $39 bucks...Still could have gotten at least 2 GI mags at the time....
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 3:00:20 PM EDT
[#24]
Scope mounts that attach to the top of the carry-handle.  The scope ends up so high that your face free-floats above the stock.  Worthless!
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 4:25:33 PM EDT
[#25]
Two USA magazines and one leapers scope.
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 7:27:20 PM EDT
[#26]

1) Accuwedge - trashed
2) Pistol grip butt plug - replaced with battlegrip
3) Leapers 4x20 scope - defaulted to using irons on my plain Jane Bushmaster 20" A3.
4) Titanium firing pin - Came with my Les Baer Bolt and Carrier assembly.
5) Beta-C magazine - came unopend in box, but too expensive to play with on a regular basis. I only keep it around because it looks cool.
6) Mag Cinch - replace with magpuls and practice.
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 9:49:22 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
1. USGI cleaning kit.   Used it once, figured there's got to be a better way.  (At least this wasn't a total loss, I still use the T handle and chamber brush.)

2. Bore Snake.   See #1.

View Quote

what exactly did you have a problem with here?  i find these two items to be about the most practical on the market....YMMV
(i guess that any sectional, non-coated cleaning rod will decrease accuracy by 1/1000000 MOA, much as shooting the gun often will...)
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 4:11:20 AM EDT
[#28]
I'd have to say Orlite mags. I have 6 of them and not one fit worth a damn.
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 6:37:27 AM EDT
[#29]
I could use an acu wedge for my Colt 614.  Anyone who does not want their's feel free to send it to me, it will be put to good use.

The Azalin
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 8:48:52 AM EDT
[#30]
Ammo.  It just doesn't last [:(]
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 1:04:32 PM EDT
[#31]
Hey you want to sell your 4 pos car stock?  Ill take it off your hands if you dont mind.

Mark
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 1:16:05 PM EDT
[#32]
Carrier carbon scraper and carry handle scope mount.
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 4:47:51 AM EDT
[#33]
M44 handguard combo with vertical grip and tactical light mount.

The M44's look stupid when installed
I don't like the vertical grip
I don't have a need or own a tactical light
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top