User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 5:08:53 PM EDT
[#1]
If they try to take our guns away, I think we can all start our own army with all the guns we have, I don't think the government can stop all of us, if we rebel. If the government is reading this i will find out in 2 more days cause my background check is in process and I know for sure I have a clean record.
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 5:10:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
The problem lies in that most of us are too lazy to write letters to our congressmen.  Also, many (myself included) are pessimistic and don't believe that letters from a few AR nuts will do anything, when you have millions of gun haters in major states that outnumber us and are electing likeminded representatives.

I think that even if they don't sign a new ban right away, it WILL happen.  The problem lies in this notion that the 2nd ammendment is only reffering to hunting rifles.  This is basically the common belief of many, they feel we should be like england where an over under shotgun is the most you can ever own.  As long as our representatives IGNORE the true meaning of a militia and right to bear arms, we are screwed.

View Quote

Wrong, long as we are too lazy to speak up we are screwed.

I cannot understand the defeatist attitude of too many gun owners. The tide is turning, we are winning but too many of us are still expecting more anti-gun regulations.

Several states passed must issue right to carry laws this year.

Last year South Carolina repealed all state laws restricting maching gun ownership.

If everyone on this board writes their legislators it will make a difference. Don't give up, we are winning.
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 6:14:32 PM EDT
[#3]
And to those worried about some of the responses here and how they might be interpreted,No one is issuing a call to arms or uprising we are merely responding to what we would do if force was used against us for excercising a guaranteed right wich is well with in our 1st ammendment rights no one is making threats,If the people who want our guns can say what they want or how they want to do it we have a right to say how we will resist it and to those who would not fight you should be ashamed of your selves for what our fore fathers sacrificed and put on the line so we could be free.The constitution is only as strong as those willing to fight for it.
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 6:46:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Just remember, it's not what ya've got it's how you use it. Give me a good single shot .308 with a good scope and I'll make any army feel impotent.  It's not how many rounds you shoot, it's how many rounds hit.  One shot, one kill.  HOCKEY RULES.
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 7:23:16 PM EDT
[#5]
The AWB will not "just go away." If it is not replaced when it sunsets, it will be because gun owners and other freedom-desiring people have made themselves heard - at the ballot box and elsewhere. Why do you think the NRA now has over 4,000,000 members and is shooting for five million? What do you think cost Gore the election in 2000 and why do you think the Dems got trounced in 2004? Why do you think Mississippi now has the first Republican governor in years, practically since Reconstruction? Did you ever think, ten years ago, that Fox would practically take over the news ratings simply by NOT being liberal? It tells you how bad the media is when even claiming to be "Fair and Balanced" is controversial!

Things don't happen overnight, but they do happen. If we can't hang with it for the long haul, we lose. We have to be more patient and more persistent than our enemy. And never, never give up.
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 7:28:07 PM EDT
[#6]
I wondered about e-mails being taken seriously.

But I wrote them anyway, and have gotten personal replies, from both of my Senators, at times from their staff, and at other times I have received automated responses. But I have always received a personal reply regarding gun-control issues, the automated responses have been regarding less controversial issues, generally outlining the elected one's position and inviting further input.

I have even gotten phone calls from the local offices of my Congressmen regarding the AWB.

So, I guess they do read e-mails, at least in Tennessee.
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 9:55:43 PM EDT
[#7]
I refuse to live in a society where citizens cannot trust one another to bear arms. Once that happens, the fall of western civilization will be near, and a new war between the collectivists and the indiviudals will be fought. Once we lose our weapons, we will become slaves.

Here is something to think about... A few years ago archeologists found the remains of a man, about 2000 years old, in a mud/peat field somewhere in Europe. The remains were very well preserved. The scientists were extremely excited about the find, but not for finding a well preserved 2000 year old human, indeed finds of well preserved human remains of slaves, soldies, and peasants are not rare in fields such these. What was rare was that this human was a "free" man that had somehow gotten  lost, sick and/or starved, for they found no evidence of physical trauma. With the remains they found money, writings, crafts, a wealth of archeological data. Data not usually found on other human remains. Oh I almost forgot, they were certain that this was a "free" man, because even though he showed no evidence of being a soldier, he still carried several weapons.
Link Posted: 11/12/2003 10:40:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Don't worry about the teens and twenty-somethings.  We are not all duped by the liberal agenda.  Conservative college groups have been springing up across the country and I myself put in my time for one of them (www.bucknellconservatives.org).

We have a lot of bodies behind the movement and it is important to let this show in the ballot box.

But some things may be inevitable.  From my cold dead hands, if need be.

That is a heavy statement.  Think about it and know that you say it with full intentions.

- BUCC_Guy
Link Posted: 11/12/2003 10:55:20 AM EDT
[#9]
[keyboardcommando]Vote from the rooftops![/keyboardcommando]
Link Posted: 11/12/2003 12:43:00 PM EDT
[#10]
It's not just about sending emails or letters, or making phone calls... That way is just one voice in a large constituency...

When you're 500 voices, or 5,000 voices, then your representatives begin to take notice... they know that their local elections are sometimes won by the count of a few votes... be they ten, one hundred, or one thousand...

Joining local Grassroot movements is another way to make yourself heard...

I'm not a member of the NRA, nor do I plan on joining... they're on a vendetta to bankrupt Grassroots North Carolina... GRNC has done more to restore gun rights to NC than the NRA did...

GRNC has caught the NRA red handed a few times now trying to strip rights from North Carolinians...

Grassroots SC is working towards restoring our rights as well...

They're moving slowly... We can't get them back in one fell swoop... they were lost in small steps, and that's how we regain them...

Make your point known at the ballot box, don't support the Feinstein's, the Schumer's, the Kerry's who said just the other day "If you want an assault rifle, join the Army!"
Link Posted: 11/12/2003 2:10:54 PM EDT
[#11]
I sold all of my assault weapons to a guy named Smith at a gun show last year (even the one I bought last month), Mr. Ashcroft.  Thanks for stopping by.  Care for a donut?
Link Posted: 11/12/2003 2:27:12 PM EDT
[#12]
We should all have 20 post ban stripped lowers in the safe by Sept '04....I don't have them yet but plan on buying a few a month starting in Jan. Quantico Arms has stripped RRA lowers for $85!
Link Posted: 11/12/2003 10:08:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
bbutter If you ever make it to Dallas Texas I'll let you loose with my m16 at the range.. FA fire as long as your heart desires
View Quote

Many thanks for your kind and very generous  offer.  See.... Santa does exist :-)

Regards

bbutter
Link Posted: 11/12/2003 10:26:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Disarming the populace is the first step in full government control. The Spartans did it as they moved up the Greek countryside. The Romans did it. Even recently, The Soviets and Nazis did it. You want a despotic government, then sit back and let them disarm the people. The 2nd means exactly what is says, for the obvious reasons. But I fear the the media is brainwashing the general public to accept a totalitarian state and a good and benevelent father (errr..big brother). Action speaks louder than words, so I hope there's action backing up a lot of the works I read.
View Quote

I as a UK resident agree.
This country uses every news worthy event that it can to further impose its will, for the good of all, you understand.
Anti terrorist laws are now invoked at the drop of a hat, giving the police limitless powers to suppress even peacful opposition and protest (these new laws have already been used against UK protestors.  Now comes the prospect of having to carry an ID card in my own country!

We in the UK always have an eye to what happens in the USA, even down to the weather,'cos what happens over there, will sooner or later happen here. Do you have the same feeling when you look at the UK?
Link Posted: 11/12/2003 11:08:28 PM EDT
[#15]
It is similar here in Germany. The UK gun laws scared hunters and sporters and our new gun laws are not too strict at a first look put our goverment tries to forbid us guns for sporting by restricting the kinds of sporting guns with very stupid restrictions like minimum case-lenght of ammo : 40milimeter to sort out AK47/74 with 39mm cases. I´m a farmer and a hunter and both don´t make you very happy in Germany at the moment. With a stricter gun law ( and worse prices for wheat and no financial help by EU in the future) my wife and me decided to move to another country. Southafrica or somewhere else where you can live as a free farmer on your land with the weapons you choose for your needs.
Link Posted: 11/13/2003 2:57:13 AM EDT
[#16]
come to america. "Grab you're gun, get in the truck, cause we're gonna go out and HAVE SOME FUN!!!!!!!"
Link Posted: 11/13/2003 4:42:21 AM EDT
[#17]
You could just refuse to be registered -- easy to talk about but difficult to do. Its clear you dont like the idea (cant blame you either). At some pt you must mentally prepare to either get off the train or come to peace with riding to the end. Indecision is a decision. Its clear from most of the posts in this thread that the mental prep part is lacking. Disobeying comes w/ a high cost and little or no immediate gain. In fact you may never see a return in your life time. If you carefully consider your options its all rather sobering. Most of us have things of value (family/jobs/etc) which will be effected by what we do or dont do. AP
Link Posted: 11/13/2003 3:56:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Just bought my first stripped Eagle Arms lower from Quantico Arms. Am buying my first upper kit next week. I'm not waiting for next year. After the New Year, am planning to build my first SBR corporate style.
Link Posted: 11/13/2003 5:14:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Id use them.
Link Posted: 11/13/2003 6:32:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I was wrong and I'm man enough to admit it.
View Quote

Good work.

As to the topic ... I haven't decided. It depends on how old my dependants are at the time.
Link Posted: 11/13/2003 6:45:57 PM EDT
[#21]
I proposed the *completely* [b]hypothetical[/b] idea before: just ignore it. Noncompliance for an uninforcible law.

Bada boom.
Link Posted: 11/13/2003 8:00:47 PM EDT
[#22]
[B]Here's what you can do NOW![/B]

Take someone new to the range.  AR15's are fun to shoot (Duh, we know that).  Convert someone, or at least de-mystify the gun stereotype.  That will be one less person thinking we are a bunch of nuts and clammering for more laws.
Link Posted: 11/13/2003 9:08:04 PM EDT
[#23]
I THINK WE ARE GETTING WORKED UP OVER NOTHING.
WE SIT HERE AND SAY WE'LL DO THIS WE'LL DO THAT
BUT I DO NOT THINK ANY OF US KNOW WHAT WE WILL REALLY DO. IF BIG BROTHER IS GOING TO COME DOOR TO DOOR TO COLLECT THE FIREARMS ALL I CAN SAY IS GOOD LUCK. TO DO THIS HE WILL NEED THE MILITARY THESE ARE OUR SONS AND DAUGHTERS SO I DONT THINK IT WILL HAPPEN. IF IT DOES COME TO THAT HOWEVER I HOPE THE STUFF IVE BEEN READING ARE NOT JUST WORDS. UNTIL THEN I'LL DO THE BEST I CAN WITH WHAT I GOT AND GO WITH THE LAWS OF THE LAND FOR NOW.
Link Posted: 11/13/2003 11:01:11 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
[B]Here's what you can do NOW![/B]

Take someone new to the range.  AR15's are fun to shoot (Duh, we know that).  Convert someone, or at least de-mystify the gun stereotype.  That will be one less person thinking we are a bunch of nuts and clammering for more laws.
View Quote

Now this is really good advice!!  
I used to joke with my wife that there were "spores" in the gun shop and at the range, and if you exposed likely candidates to it (generally male)they would be hooked.

I personally managed to "infect" (with the gun bug) 3 of my kin folk whilst visiting on holiday. My brother in law was in his local gunshop with his young son the day after he got home! (his wife told me on email)
My nephew also fell pray to the bug and aimed to join his nearest gun club as soon as he got home.

There was no heated debate on the rights and wrongs of gun ownership. These people were just hooked.  
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 9:07:24 AM EDT
[#25]
Leisure shoot has a great Idea!!!!!!!!!!! Take a newb to a shoot and let them have fun...

Pretty soon with 9 CC ruling we will all be able to make our own machine guns!
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 10:11:24 AM EDT
[#26]
I guess it would depend on what everyone else does. If enough people are willing to start a serious struggle then I am in. If not, I will make my own plans. If they come to my home and I know they are coming they will be in for one hell of a surprise. However, the JBTs have the element of surprise on their side in this regard and if they surround your home it is best to surrender immediately and live to fight another day.
If the JBTs start shooting up people's homes though I might go on the offensive individually. Then I have the element of surprise on my side. We'll see I guess but I have never been one to take much shit from anyone.
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 8:31:14 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I sold all of my assault weapons to a guy named Smith at a gun show last year (even the one I bought last month), Mr. Ashcroft.  Thanks for stopping by.  Care for a donut?
View Quote

Don't forget to claim the supposed money you made on the sales on your taxes, or you could still be screwed. Not by the ATF, but by the IRS... :)
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 10:38:18 PM EDT
[#28]
200,000,000 gun owners?  1.00 ea. hmmm, would buy a lot of mailers. Put me down for 2.00
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top