Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 16
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 8:09:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Anyone have a ballpark for when the next batch of these are going to be sent to distributors?

I don’t need to know to the week.... Is it a month away, 3 months, 6 months?

I’m thinking of cancelling my Liberty Optics order and moving that money over to my NV Bino fund.
View Quote

Euro Optics had a few MRAD reticles in stock Saturday, i ordered one and got shipping notification this morning.

So im guessing a batch went out to vendors/distributors as well
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 10:49:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Nope.

Just sent an email.
View Quote

@Willz any word back?
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 11:35:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

@Willz any word back?
View Quote

Not yet.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 6:30:54 PM EDT
[#4]
@HammerForged got a reply today, I was told they’re  back ordered and are fully expected by June.

I placed my order April 22.

No mention of when in June.
June is 5 days away.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 7:11:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
@HammerForged got a reply today, I was told they’re  back ordered and are fully expected by June.

I placed my order April 22.

No mention of when in June.
June is 5 days away.
View Quote

@Willz, thanks. I ordered mine on the 23rd of April. I have no problem waiting to save $300 though. But I'm glad it should come soonish
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 9:58:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Well worth the wait given the amount saved.

Super Precision guys...

Which mount will you be running?
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 8:33:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Euro Optics had a few MRAD reticles in stock Saturday, i ordered one and got shipping notification this morning.

So im guessing a batch went out to vendors/distributors as well
View Quote

Disappointing to hear that when I’ve had mine on pre-order direct since January.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 9:56:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 12:22:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Got a UPS tracking number from Liberty this morning.
Will be here Wednesday.

I still don’t know which mount to get. Looking at
Geissele
Scalarworks
Or Badger Ordinance Unimount

No matter it’s going to be $300+
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 12:49:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Will be here Wednesday.

Geissele
Scalarworks

View Quote

@Willz

i bought a Badger Ordnance C1 mount for $289 from Triad Tactical. They have Unimounts for a good price as well.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/30/2020 12:59:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Will be here Wednesday.

Geissele
Scalarworks

@Willz

i bought a Badger Ordnance C1 mount for $289 from Triad Tactical. They have Unimounts for a good price as well.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/258837/Screen_Shot_2020-05-30_at_12_46_20_PM_pn-1439078.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/258837/Screen_Shot_2020-05-30_at_12_48_28_PM_pn-1439082.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/258837/108_jpg-1439079.JPG

@BrWn001COW

Wow thanks! I've have a couple of Badger mounts on bolt actions and I've never had and issues, solid mounts.

Nice set up there.
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 1:42:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Placed mine on April 22nd as well and no tracking for me. So the wait continues.
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 2:52:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Placed mine on April 22nd as well and no tracking for me. So the wait continues.
View Quote

Scott told me I was 2nd in line on his backorder list, email him and he'll let you know.
Previously he told me all his orders would definitely be filled by June.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 4:37:27 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Unfortunately places like EuroOptic or Sport Optics and other places that have gotten a few in stock like this have also had these on preorder direct since the dealers first got their intel about the scope before January, so that's part of the reason you see some other people getting it sooner by going and buying one in stock when one of those dealers posts them up. Your order will get filled as soon as we can!
View Quote

My dealer placed their order at SHOT. I was told end of April, then end of May now end of June. I also qualify for the medical worker 40% discount but was told if I place an order with the discount I would get the scope by November. So if you guys keep pushing my dealers delivery date every month am I just better off saving some money through the discount since it doesnt seem like Im going to get my optic in any timely manner from my dealer.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 9:49:49 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 2:13:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Just got mine an hour ago. Very impressed so far, 1x is excellent same with the illumination. Sitting at my desk inside setting 1 is bright enough to use both as a red dot and zoomed in at 10x. Setting 11 is nuclear bright.

I did notice the illumination bleed into the top of the 6's like another user stated. Its first noticeable on setting 5 but like I said setting 1 is more than good enough for my current lighting conditions. Not going to worry about it. If anything this is probably a plus as the battery should last longer on the lower settings.

I did break the screw on the included throw lever. Going to call vortex Monday about a replacement. FYI, be gentle with it. I went hand tight plus a bit and the screw snapped in half.

Gonna try and finish the rifle this is meant for ASAP. Will try and report back with how well it does in the full FL sun.
View Quote

Took mine out to a 2 day carbine course and it ran great. 1200ish round and no hiccups. I was running it on illumination setting 6 and performed great, full sunlight, no cloud cover. Only issue I had was the throw lever would sometimes push on my gear when slung and I would come back up on 2-3ish mag. Going to move the throw lever around which should fix it. Most likely my fault but just wanted to point this out as something to think about. Not the end of the world tho as I run a 45 degree rmr as primary for anything under 50yrds/reactionary.

Hard to explain but I really didnt notice the scope at all. When running other lpvo's, (mostly mid tier before this one) I normally notice something that reminds me there is a scope there. The razor just became part of the gun. 9 hole/barricade drills were a breeze between the forgiveness of the razor and the ability to get low/different positions with the offset rmr.

ETA: Vortex sent me two replacement screws for the one I broke on the throw lever. Shipped super quick and included some swag. Happy customer over here.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 5:32:17 PM EDT
[#17]
I had the SAME problem with bumping the lever when running it slung! Unfortunately, I'm running offsets, so moving it to the right means it could interfere with the offsets at 10x. Unsure what I want to do. I suppose moving it further left could do the trick, even if it looks weird. I'll play with it.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 6:02:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I had the SAME problem with bumping the lever when running it slung! Unfortunately, I'm running offsets, so moving it to the right means it could interfere with the offsets at 10x. Unsure what I want to do. I suppose moving it further left could do the trick, even if it looks weird. I'll play with it.
View Quote

Yeah I had mine at ~3 oclock on 1X. I just moved it so the lever is at about 7:30 on 1x and 1:30 on 10X. Seems to have fixed the issue but it is a little close to the nut on my mount. Should clear your BUIS like this.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 11:24:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Scott told me I was 2nd in line on his backorder list, email him and he'll let you know.
Previously he told me all his orders would definitely be filled by June.
View Quote

I took your advice and did just that. Turns out I'm...2nd in line on the backorder list also.

Edit: He did specify that I was 2nd in line for the moa model. If your order was for mrad, then its true that we could both be 2nd in line.

Funny story about Liberty Optics, I placed my order on April 23rd, and then told my brother about the deal and he placed an order the NEXT day on the 24th. His order shipped less than two weeks after he placed it, and my order has yet to ship.

And then to pour salt on the wound, he had it shipped to my address for...wife reasons. So I had the pleasure of holding on to it and then watching him open his up. Now I'm happy for him that he got it, but...i thought the golden rule was first come first serve. Makes me wonder how many other people he might have shipped before me that ordered after. Sounds like a few of you might be in the same boat.
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 12:30:04 AM EDT
[#20]
Looks like I’m gonna have to email him also.

Edit: looks like I’m 2nd in MRAD
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 10:29:25 AM EDT
[#21]
I'm torn between the MOA/BDC reticle and the MRAD reticle. All of my higher powered glass has mil reticles/turrets but the BDC on the MOA version looks way too slick, and it would live on a 5.56 rifle so that's what I'm leaning towards at the moment. I ran the numbers on some of my ammo through a ballistics calculator and bumped it up against the holdover/BDC table in the MOA version user manual and it's pretty close.

For those that have the MOA/BDC reticle, how has your experience been with M193 or 55gr FMJs in general?
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 2:08:31 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I'm torn between the MOA/BDC reticle and the MRAD reticle. All of my higher powered glass has mil reticles/turrets but the BDC on the MOA version looks way too slick, and it would live on a 5.56 rifle so that's what I'm leaning towards at the moment. I ran the numbers on some of my ammo through a ballistics calculator and bumped it up against the holdover/BDC table in the MOA version user manual and it's pretty close.

For those that have the MOA/BDC reticle, how has your experience been with M193 or 55gr FMJs in general?
View Quote

M193 was spot on for me from my 14.5" barrel. I zeroed at 70 yards bc on my ballistics app it was equal to 200. Then I backed up to 200 and held a nice MOA group.  edit: I also shot at 300 after that and it was lined up perfectly.
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 6:37:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 9:21:33 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Looks like I’m gonna have to email him also.

Edit: looks like I’m 2nd in MRAD
View Quote

3rd for MOA. My body is ready
Link Posted: 6/5/2020 11:18:13 AM EDT
[#25]
Help me decide which reticle to get. Who's got/getting what and why did you choose it?
Link Posted: 6/5/2020 2:00:25 PM EDT
[#26]
I’ve had mine for quite a while but haven’t had a chance to get to range yet. Initial impressions are good. Not sure if I’ll keep on my 5.56 or move to my 6.5CM. Also, still contemplating cerakoting it black.  

Link Posted: 6/5/2020 2:18:00 PM EDT
[#27]
Here is a new video out with comparison to other high end scopes:

YT link
Link Posted: 6/5/2020 3:08:44 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Help me decide which reticle to get. Who's got/getting what and why did you choose it?
View Quote

I like them both. I run Mils on everything except this one and my reason is as follows. I bought this to go on my all purpose SOPMOD Block II inspired rifle built to be able to handle most situations. I had an ACOG my entire time in the Marine Corps and loved it for its simplicity and beautiful glass. This to me with the BDC reticle reminds me of the next evolution of the ACOG but now instead of being stuck on 4x, I can choose. I wanted others to be able to pick it up and use it with little problem. I want to be able to say "the target is 400 yards away" and them to be able to holdover easily. Mainly my wife. So, this scope was specifically for this rifle and I am not worried about switching it because all my other rifles have nice glass of their own. If I was even slightly concerned that I would be switching it around rifles to determine the best home for it or if it were to be on one of my more precision based rifles I would have chosen the MRAD reticle. That being said, I would not be worried about adapting the BDC to other rifles/calibers if it becomes necessary. The zero distance can be tweaked to line up the holdovers in some kind of useful way with many different calibers. Hope this helps, this is how I rationalized with myself.
Link Posted: 6/5/2020 3:16:17 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I bought MOA because it is going on a 18" competition AR-15 that's shooting hot-ish 55gr.

If you've got literally anything else, MRAD is the way to fly.

Quoted:

YT link

Once you get past the initial "who the fuck is running $2000-$3000 scopes on their PCC?", this is a shockingly good video with what I think are pretty uncontroversial results that mirror my own experiences. I especially like that the illumination testing was in a good worst case scenario, and I generally agree that the Razor 1-10x Gen3 is not super amazing on up close hoser target arrays. (I've always felt that really dedicated 3gun competitors may wind up running both a Razor Gen II-E and a Gen III on quick detach mounts, swapping them depending on what the target arrays at the match look like.)
Link Posted: 6/5/2020 4:12:10 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Once you get past the initial "who the fuck is running $2000-$3000 scopes on their PCC?", this is a shockingly good video with what I think are pretty uncontroversial results that mirror my own experiences. I especially like that the illumination testing was in a good worst case scenario, and I generally agree that the Razor 1-10x Gen3 is not super amazing on up close hoser target arrays. (I've always felt that really dedicated 3gun competitors may wind up running both a Razor Gen II-E and a Gen III on quick detach mounts, swapping them depending on what the target arrays at the match look like.)
View Quote

Too late, everyone's already bought their 1-10s!
Link Posted: 6/5/2020 4:59:26 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

YT link
View Quote

Best Premium LPVO Review - Vortex Razor 1-10x Nightforce ATACR Kahles K18i Swarovski Z8i
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 5:45:47 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 6:41:39 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 6:53:31 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Nice! DMR Rig?
View All Quotes

3Gun
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 7:01:17 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

3Gun
View Quote

Targets out that far needing 10X magnification?
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 7:09:07 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

3Gun

The target didn’t need it but my eyes did.

The furthest I’ve had in a match were flashers at 560 yards.
My eyes needed more than the 6x of my Razor 1x6 but I managed.
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 7:29:52 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

The target didn’t need it but my eyes did.

The furthest I’ve had in a match were flashers at 560 yards.
My eyes needed more than the 6x of my Razor 1x6 but I managed.
View Quote

I agree.  It is a struggle to find the targets at 500 with my 1-4 Razor.  1-6 would be better but if more magnification is available, I'd use it.

I had a 4-16X HST on my precision AR for awhile and really liked it but I was shooting to 875.
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 8:19:40 PM EDT
[#38]
In my experience the 1-6 is totally acceptable for 3 gun for targets out to 600 yards. Then again, I mainly shoot limited so I would argue that a red dot is totally fine for targets out to 600 yards.

Having the ability to go to 10x is just more better! Why not take the advantage.
Link Posted: 6/9/2020 1:26:04 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
In my experience the 1-6 is totally acceptable for 3 gun for targets out to 600 yards. Then again, I mainly shoot limited so I would argue that a red dot is totally fine for targets out to 600 yards.

Having the ability to go to 10x is just more better! Why not take the advantage.
View Quote

I've shot a lot of matches with my Razor 1x6 and its been an awesome scope.
On 1X I use it like a red dot, easy.

I can hit a 600+ yard target with my Razor 1x6...but it is a struggle to see my shots.
Seeing a hit on a flasher is easy, you hit it or you didn't but if you cant see if you're high or low on a miss its a guess where to hold, and the clock ticking is the pressure.

So I'll try to sight in some time this week, weather permitting.
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 12:17:14 PM EDT
[#40]
Scott at Liberty Optics said he should be receiving more this week so hopefully a few more of us will get tracking notifications.
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 4:12:49 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Scott at Liberty Optics said he should be receiving more this week so hopefully a few more of us will get tracking notifications.
View Quote

About damn time
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 4:37:28 PM EDT
[#42]
Who make a tall mount (say 1.93” or so) for this?
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 6:39:07 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Who make a tall mount (say 1.93” or so) for this?
View Quote

The Badger Ordinance C1 "Assaulter" height is 1.93

Scalarworks makes one and Geiselle. but they are more $$

Badger Ordinance Condition One Moduar Mount

Best price I found.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1022619910
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 6:59:35 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

The Badger Ordinance C1 "Assaulter" height is 1.93

Scalarworks makes one and Geiselle. but they are more $$

Badger Ordinance Condition One Moduar Mount

Best price I found.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1022619910
View Quote

I’ve got a Geissele 1.93 for my 1-6, but I didn’t see that they made a 34mm version.

Thanks, I’ll check out the Badger.
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 10:42:35 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

I think it would probably help past 500. Depends on the size of what you're shooting at. Absolutely agree that for most 3gun matches, it's not really adding much, and the 5.5 MOA aiming point at 1x may actually be a slight issue if you're shooting really small stuff at a hundred yards and in (YMMV). That said, hard to deny it's a hell of a scope.
Link Posted: 6/17/2020 7:28:50 PM EDT
[#46]
I scored one of these today, arriving tomorrow. Can’t wait to put it through the paces and see how it holds up to my Atacr
Link Posted: 6/17/2020 9:46:47 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I think it would probably help past 500. Depends on the size of what you're shooting at. Absolutely agree that for most 3gun matches, it's not really adding much, and the 5.5 MOA aiming point at 1x may actually be a slight issue if you're shooting really small stuff at a hundred yards and in (YMMV). That said, hard to deny it's a hell of a scope.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Multi gun Nationals last weekend had steel out to 625 yards.
Link Posted: 6/17/2020 11:51:30 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

RIP red dot shooters
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 1:17:13 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

RIP red dot shooters
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

RIP red dot shooters

That's one of the things I've always liked so well with my 1x6 Razor. I can use it on 1x with both eyes open with the center dot of the illuminated reticle, like a red dot. It's awesome.
So far the 1x10 works just as well.
Link Posted: 6/20/2020 11:52:58 AM EDT
[#50]
Got my shipping notification this morning from Liberty Optics. Should be here Wednesday.
Page / 16
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top