User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/26/2009 2:34:53 PM EDT
[#1]
I decided to pony-up the ducats for a LaRue FUG and am glad I did.  The quality of the QD mount is second to none and it easy to remove for bench shooting or transfer to another rifle.  The three bottom caps it comes with are nice even though I've only had a use for two of them so far.  So considering what you get, the few extra dollars the FUG costs was well worth it to me.
Link Posted: 8/26/2009 3:23:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Tango Down QD stubby.  I won't use anything else, the full size vert's are too long and look dorky.  The FUGly is expensive.
Link Posted: 8/26/2009 3:37:35 PM EDT
[#3]
I'd say FUG.

What I really don't understand are the people saying that the FUG is too exspensive and then recommending the Tango Down. It's a $20 difference. To me, that's close enough to be the same. Especially when considering the overall cost of the rifle it's going on.
Link Posted: 8/26/2009 5:00:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/26/2009 11:52:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Damn $100 for a grip plus shipping.  It looks a little bulky for my hands and i really don't need to pay that kind of money for a grip. It's nice though but not worth the money.

Nice ar by the way.
Link Posted: 8/27/2009 12:12:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Look in the EE for a used KAC.  If you like it a lot, then you can go from there and easily resell the KAC VFG.

I was no the fence about running a VFG, but I am a big fan of it now on my middy almost to the end of the handguard.  Having the longer hand guard allows me the comfort of the VFG or a standard handguard grip.  Best of both worlds.

Link Posted: 8/28/2009 10:49:06 AM EDT
[#7]
FUG

Without a doubt the best hangrip.  And the Quick Disconnect is awesome.  I often QD the grip, and QD a Larue Harris Bipod onto my railing when I want to go sniper.  Thats when I QD my Larue aimpoint and QD and put on my Bushnell 3200 10x fixed Milldot on a Larue Mount.

Its all about the QD!  And the fug is 1 of the pieces to the puzzle.
Link Posted: 8/28/2009 11:09:56 AM EDT
[#8]
FUG FTW
Link Posted: 8/28/2009 5:10:45 PM EDT
[#9]
I know its expensive but get the FUG, you won't be disappointed.
It has a QD which is nice, LaRue unquestionable customer service
and plus it's 3 grips in one with its different end caps.
If you just can't swallow the price the TG grip is nice and works great.
Link Posted: 8/28/2009 5:45:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I had the older style GGG and recently switched to a Grip Pod. I like the quick bipod. Depends on what kind of shooting you are going to do.

Grip pod FTMFW.
Link Posted: 8/28/2009 6:46:38 PM EDT
[#11]
well, I was going to suggest the Troy modular grip, but if you dont want an expensive grip, it is probably out of the question as retial is something like $75.

The gg&g grip looks nice.
Link Posted: 8/28/2009 11:17:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
GRIP POD....bipod / foregrip in one.

+1     a little bulky,but i got a military issue one of e-ba for 23.00.for that price i can live with the extra length.
Link Posted: 8/29/2009 7:44:13 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Well I should of been a little more descriptive before asking opinions.

I don' t have big hands, so nothing to bulky, second I do like the foldable feature and third I do like the QD because it seems more convenient. My FFL dealer had the commad arms foldable foregrip.  I like it a lot, it wasn't too long, it was foldable. But it had a huge fault that I didn't like. It was like holding on to a soda can. Way to bulky and not very comfortable. If it was a lot thinner I would of picked it up right away.

So i'm looking for a foldable w/QD forgrip. And I can't seem to find one that will suit my smaller hands.

Also i'm not looking to spend an arm and leg for a forgrip. Personally not worth it.

Yankee hill foregrip

A man's gotta play with the hands he's delt
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 10:13:31 PM EDT
[#14]
LOL! Still looking for one. The FUG is really nice but way too much

Quoted:
Quoted:
Well I should of been a little more descriptive before asking opinions.

I don' t have big hands, so nothing to bulky, second I do like the foldable feature and third I do like the QD because it seems more convenient. My FFL dealer had the commad arms foldable foregrip.  I like it a lot, it wasn't too long, it was foldable. But it had a huge fault that I didn't like. It was like holding on to a soda can. Way to bulky and not very comfortable. If it was a lot thinner I would of picked it up right away.

So i'm looking for a foldable w/QD forgrip. And I can't seem to find one that will suit my smaller hands.

Also i'm not looking to spend an arm and leg for a forgrip. Personally not worth it.

Yankee hill foregrip

A man's gotta play with the hands he's delt

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top