[#1]
*double tape + page ownage!
Link Posted: 7/11/2010 4:57:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
i have mine, brand new, for sale in EE for $215 shipped right now. AZHONKY

Or you can buy a brand new one, in your choice of colors from AIM Surplus (a board sponsor) for $199 shipped

Or you can't, but thanks for the smart remark: http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=XMAG330Blk&groupid=57

AZHONKY

As already shown, with the coupon code "gundeals" Yes you can and the deal does include shipping too.

BTW AZHONKY - This is a technical forum so trying to plug personal items here that you have for sale in the EE is a no-no as well as poor form, regardless of whether it's "on topic" or not.
Link Posted: 7/11/2010 8:23:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or you can buy a brand new one, in your choice of colors from AIM Surplus (a board sponsor) for $199 shipped

Thank you, airgunner! I just placed my order for the UBR. It was $199 shipped and no sales tax. Prior to reading this thread, I was about to place an order with a local vendor for $200 plus shipping and sales tax.
Link Posted: 7/12/2010 3:34:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you, airgunner! I just placed my order for the UBR. It was $199 shipped and no sales tax. Prior to reading this thread, I was about to place an order with a local vendor for $200 plus shipping and sales tax.

Enjoy it!
Link Posted: 7/12/2010 6:33:34 AM EDT
[#5]
I wish I paid $200 for mine.

Still love it though!
Link Posted: 7/12/2010 6:38:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Ahh fuck it.

I do not even need one, but I just bought one from AIM for $200 shipped.

I am currently waiting on my Form 4 for a RR M16.  I think I will put it on that.

Link Posted: 7/12/2010 7:32:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Ahh fuck it.

I do not even need one, but I just bought one from AIM for $200 shipped.

That's how I ended up with mine.  AIM had the same deal awhile ago, and I couldn't pass it up.
Link Posted: 7/12/2010 7:47:31 PM EDT
[#8]
I just went to the AIM site and started to order one plus some more stuff... about $355 and found out free shipping is $12+ on the web site.

Will call them for shipping correction.
Link Posted: 7/12/2010 8:15:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I just went to the AIM site and started to order one plus some more stuff... about $355 and found out free shipping is $12+ on the web site.

Not everything they sell has free shipping.  Most ammo and some accessories are charged shipping.  The $12 they charged you is most likely for these other items.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/13/2010 4:53:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not everything they sell has free shipping.  Most ammo and some accessories are charged shipping.  The $12 they charged you is most likely for these other items.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

Yup.

Free-shipping items are marked just that.  If it's not marked that, there is a shipping charge.  Even so, AIM's shipping is not near what some places charge.
Link Posted: 7/13/2010 12:38:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/13/2010 7:03:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Too heavy, which is why mine is in the ee.  All SOPMODs for me.

Hit the gym.

Your free to try my workout anytime, hump a 40-80lb hog out of a 600 ft deep gulch with a 12lb rifle strapped to you.  Besides than the cool factor of having one of the first UBRs to hit the market, the UBR has nothing positive over what I consider the best stock, other than excess pork.

How about:
- Seven positions LOP
- Five user-adjustable presets
- MUCH stronger locking mechanism (strongest in the industry)
- Large storage compartment (with swappable and removable doors)
- Positive yet quick activating release lever (requires only gross motor movement)
- Unique design that maintains consistent cheek weld regardless of stock's extension
- Always had at least two push-button QD sockets with the option of up to four
- Optional Strikeplate with two additional butt-pads available

While the SOPMOD is a good stock and LMT builds high-quality gear, these two stocks are nothing alike with the exception of virtually the same MSRP (link)...

I only have use for one length of pull other than (collapsed for transport), I dont use the storage space, SOPMOD has a better cheekweld IMO due to more surface area, the sling attach points are adequate for my uses, and its lighter.  For me, the UBR is full of things that I dont use and dont need.
Link Posted: 7/13/2010 7:18:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Pffft!  All that and you missed the most important part:
It looks cool.

I don't care for them on light rifles, but everything else I own is rocking a UBR - from when 265 was the going price.  I suppose CTR's and ACS's have a use... wait...

I'm still unhappy these aren't already the across-the-board USMC riflestock.
Link Posted: 7/13/2010 9:54:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Too heavy, which is why mine is in the ee.  All SOPMODs for me.

Hit the gym.

Your free to try my workout anytime, hump a 40-80lb hog out of a 600 ft deep gulch with a 12lb rifle strapped to you.  Besides than the cool factor of having one of the first UBRs to hit the market, the UBR has nothing positive over what I consider the best stock, other than excess pork.

How about:
- Seven positions LOP
- Five user-adjustable presets
- MUCH stronger locking mechanism (strongest in the industry)
- Large storage compartment (with swappable and removable doors)
- Positive yet quick activating release lever (requires only gross motor movement)
- Unique design that maintains consistent cheek weld regardless of stock's extension
- Always had at least two push-button QD sockets with the option of up to four
- Optional Strikeplate with two additional butt-pads available

While the SOPMOD is a good stock and LMT builds high-quality gear, these two stocks are nothing alike with the exception of virtually the same MSRP (link)...

Well, that about sums it up.  I have both stocks and love both.....however, no questions ask....UBR is the absolute highest quality stock on the market imho....really the only thing even relatively comparable b/t a sopmod and the UBR is they both enjoy fantastic cheekwelds.  

The sopmod has wiggle, rather limited storage option for just batteries and overall just does not have that super quality feel that the ubr does......the ubr locks up just as tight as an A2 fixed and has a wonderful designed storage compartment that will fit all types of smaller items...and lastly, the UBR looks so damn good.

Don't get me wrong, the Sopmod is such a nice stock and is my clear number 2 choice.....however the UBR just does not have any competition in my eyes and all other stocks are competing for that second best stock place that I believe the Sopmod holds very easily.
Link Posted: 7/16/2010 5:52:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Good Lord, the UBR is one excellent looking, well made and solid unit. I just received mine, today, from AIM. The UBR is going to fit right at home on my latest build. I only have one big issue with the UBR. I am seriously contemplating on replacing my 2 other ACS set-ups with this one.
Link Posted: 7/16/2010 6:47:07 PM EDT
[#16]
I put one on my last sbr lower I built. The upper that will go on it is a factory noveske 10.5 n4 upper with 9.5 in rail, switch block, and aac flash hider.  The upper is on layaway but I did get a chance to try it out in the store. It is a little heavy but this upper will be shot suppresed most of the time and this stock really does balance it out perfect. I have one on a 16in recce and like it on that gun too.

James
Link Posted: 7/16/2010 6:54:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Good Lord, the UBR is one excellent looking, well made and solid unit. I just received mine, today, from AIM. The UBR is going to fit right at home on my latest build. I only have one big issue with the UBR. I am seriously contemplating on replacing my 2 other ACS set-ups with this one.

You will find you do whatever it takes to rationalize additional UBRs....in my case I became a fan of OD Green furniture, and that is why I just had to get another UBR..you know and all

Link Posted: 7/17/2010 2:10:06 PM EDT
[#18]
I have an UBR on my 20 in government profile BCM upper and love it.  It balances out the rig perfectly it feels no heaver than my carbines.  It is a great stock for longer barreled rigs.  That being said I am LMT sopmod guy on my 16 in. 14.7 in and 11.5 inch rigs.  I also have a 24 inch hb varmint rig that sports a Magpul PRS.  My advice is: Unless you have a longer barreled rig pass on the UBR.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 5:45:06 PM EDT
[#19]
I love  the looks of them, love the function of them, but they lose me because you cannot use an ASAP sling mount with them.  That and they are $$$$ I use ACS.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 8:18:01 AM EDT
[#20]
I love mine!
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 8:40:10 AM EDT
[#21]
I really like the UBR stock on my 18" SPR-ish AR.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 9:04:21 AM EDT
[#22]
just ordered one for a current build.  thanks for the reviews and the coupon code for AIM.  
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 9:20:17 AM EDT
[#23]
I love mine, just wish it wasa tad bit lighter....  not CTR light, but ACS light...
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 10:00:26 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 3:13:50 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I love  the looks of them, love the function of them, but they lose me because you cannot use an ASAP sling mount with them.  That and they are $$$$ I use ACS.

The ASAP is a replacement receiver end plate for M4-style carbines.  Since the UBR is not an M4-style stock it does not use an end plate and therefore there is no place for the ASAP to go (same as with the PRS or an A1/A2 fixed stock).

I think hes asking you guys to add a chain link to the bottom of the UBR.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:34:40 PM EDT
[#26]
I love my UBR!

UBR PIC
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 10:00:31 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 8:21:55 AM EDT
[#28]
What's the barrel length on that? Does the UBR balance the KX3 well?
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 5:26:29 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 6:58:13 AM EDT
[#30]
They dont sell in the EE very well, thats for sure.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top