User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 12:31:53 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Personally, I find the spring noise greatly reduced by pulling the trigger again quickly.

or by not wearing hearing protection, then after the first shot you won't hear a sproing, just a fire alarm noise in your ears.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:26:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Ok thanx everyone this is good intel.  happy shooting.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:59:36 PM EDT
[#3]
You think it's bad on a M16? You HAVE to try a Chicom QZB 95 bullpup, their latest standard rifle (and you'se all thought they still ran Type 56s), Damn...it it's a lot more noitceable (as the damned spring is right next to your ear (remember bullpup). It's even more amusign that the polymer receivers is actually soft enough that you can get the walls to flex a little if you press hard. Shoots OK though and groups quite well.

Smion
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 6:52:55 PM EDT
[#4]
After 1200 rounds or so of M193 and M855 through my BM my spring is as bright and 'clean' looking as it was day one, and it has been greased since the first week I got it. I may have wiped it off once, but I'm not sure I did. I always look at it during cleaning and as it looks brandy new clean I leave it alone.
As I recall it was white lithium grease your supposed to use, and my caulking gun sized tube of it cost about a dollar, and will last a lifetime for an arsenal of AR's. It's at my other house or I would go look and confirm, but there are threads here about it. You just get some on your fingers and then run them down the spring, takes maybe one minute nad a hand washing. Amazing how much difference in the sound it makes. You can't even see it on the spring, because it's white and then clear when applied, but it takes 99% of the sound away, and then you forget like I did they ever sounded like that in the first place.

I too do not care for the sproing sound, and this virtually eliminates it, and makes the gun sound far more 'solid'. I have a TA11/ARMS mount on it, ARMS #40, 6 position telestock, free floating, etc and that 99cent tube of grease was the best money spent for me. I have an Enidine buffer coming from Grant next week, and I'll report on how grease and hydraulic buffers like one another.

Nuts{WoC}
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 2:37:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Once I was at work in a south american country where the police were all issued HK G3's and some had never fired an AR15/M16. I let them tap some rounds off. One of the policeman looked at me and said "your gun sounds like it needs a mechanic"

Thought it was funny. You shoot M16/AR15 type weapons long enough and you dont even notice it anymore. I thought it was annoying at first too when I first shot it when my old department switched from MP5's
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top