User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 4:32:01 PM EDT
[#1]
And if you look on the PSA website for the SB15 the ATF Compliance letter is hot-linked on the product page.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 1:49:22 PM EDT
[#2]
please dont write any letters to the ATF demanding clarification, they will just ban it entirely...    if you are that skeered about it, just don't buy it, don't worry about it, case closed...

on another note, has anyone actually strapped a pair of these to their arms and walked around blasting like a henchman from a budget sci fi movie?
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 2:33:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
please dont write any letters to the ATF demanding clarification, they will just ban it entirely...    if you are that skeered about it, just don't buy it, don't worry about it, case closed...

on another note, has anyone actually strapped a pair of these to their arms and walked around blasting like a henchman from a budget sci fi movie?
View Quote

+1 on the ATF letter
and +10 on mounting 1 to each arm! .... Kinda like duck taping 40oz to each hand and seeing who can hold it the longest!
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 2:52:05 PM EDT
[#4]
These things aren't hard to shoot with a buffer foam piece against your cheek.   The whole forearm brace thing I can't understand.   Just learn to shoot one from the check.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 4:19:06 PM EDT
[#5]
I'd stop worrying about legal issues with these braces, the topic has been beaten to death. Just buy one and enjoy it....

I bought mine with the brace already installed from Sig, it's am awesome gun.

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 5:15:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
These things aren't hard to shoot with a buffer foam piece against your cheek.   The whole forearm brace thing I can't understand.   Just learn to shoot one from the check.
View Quote

Cool story, bro! It's great that you don't understand it, so don't buy one and just exit the thread.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 5:33:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Cool story, bro! It's great that you don't understand it, so don't buy one and just exit the thread.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 5:36:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Whatever floats your boat
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:35:06 PM EDT
[#9]
i gotta wait until Christmas to get mine =(  its sitting in a box taunting me
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:44:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

It isn't hard to understand (for most folks).

Shooting an AR with a regular stock is excellent and the best method.

Shooting an AR Pistol without a Sig Brace is okay and do-able.  But it isn't as comfortable nor as accurate as a regular stock.

Shooting an AR Pistol with a Sig Brace is better than without one.  It isn't quite as good as a regular stock but it's better than just a tube (foam covered or not).

You not understanding this might be a 13'er thing.

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 7:21:19 PM EDT
[#11]
I guess so.  If it were easy, women and children would do it,  or just use the brace.  No difference.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 8:12:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I guess so.  If it were easy, women and children would do it,  or just use the brace.  No difference.
View Quote

Pretty.sure trolling GD is more accepted than the tech forums FWIW
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 3:24:03 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Shooting an AR Pistol without a Sig Brace is okay and do-able.  But it isn't as comfortable nor as accurate as a regular stock.

Shooting an AR Pistol with a Sig Brace is better than without one.  It isn't quite as good as a regular stock but it's better than just a tube (foam covered or not).

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

nailed it haha
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 9:27:59 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I'd stop worrying about legal issues with these braces, the topic has been beaten to death. Just buy one and enjoy it....

I bought mine with the brace already installed from Sig, it's am awesome gun.

<a href="http://s1316.photobucket.com/user/mtbrass1/media/IMG_20131211_182756-11_zps6b14ab1d.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1316.photobucket.com/albums/t607/mtbrass1/IMG_20131211_182756-11_zps6b14ab1d.jpg</a>
View Quote

I wonder what pistol tube combination/style sig uses that comes with their own pistols. I was surprised that the sig brace was so tight and firm on their own products.
Its a 1.25 mil spec tube correct?
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 11:10:29 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Personally, after a getting a brace for myself, the only reason for an SBR is aesthetics, function wise I don't find the brace any worse than a stock, other than it's non adjustable, you know, for shooting it one handed of course

To me the letter is pretty clear, it isn't intended to be fired from the shoulder and it does not transform a firearm into an NFA item. Using a wrench like a hammer doesn't make it a hammer.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 11:30:39 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
i gotta wait until Christmas to get mine =(  its sitting in a box taunting me
View Quote

Same here. I asked Santa to bring me a RRA pistol tube assembly and the Sig brace. I ordered a 10.5" barrel and gas setup to finish out my pistol build for now.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 12:30:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Personally, after a getting a brace for myself, the only reason for an SBR is aesthetics, function wise I don't find the brace any worse than a stock, other than it's non adjustable, you know, for shooting it one handed of course

To me the letter is pretty clear, it isn't intended to be fired from the shoulder and it does not transform a firearm into an NFA item. Using a wrench like a hammer doesn't make it a hammer.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Funny cause my sb15 is sitting under the tree and I'm sitting in the sheriff's office waiting to get my finger prints done and for my cleo sign off.  But seeing as it takes almost a year for the stamp approval the brace will come in handy
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 12:51:17 PM EDT
[#18]
I took the length of pull from my 16"  AR , stock at position #2, and set up my sb15 at the same length. I don't notice a bit of difference in handling except for  the sb15 being a great absorber of recoil. I wont bother with the stamp.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top