Warning

 

Close
Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Cancel Confirm
AR15.COM
AR Sponsor
Previous Page
/ 4
Next Page
10/18/2009 10:20:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Here's mine. It was my first AR I bought it shortly after the ban ended. My original intention was just to have something similar to the A2 I was issued, but that did not last long. It's a Bushmaster, I just bought the barrel and still need to swap it out. It's a Lothar Walther barrel from Superior Barrels.



10/19/2009 3:26:16 AM EDT
[#2]


I was hoping you would check in. Have there been any updates or changes to the SDM-R program since Fortier/Gunwritr did his article on it?
10/19/2009 12:02:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Here's mine. It was my first AR I bought it shortly after the ban ended. My original intention was just to have something similar to the A2 I was issued, but that did not last long. It's a Bushmaster, I just bought the barrel and still need to swap it out. It's a Lothar Walther barrel from Superior Barrels.

http://i588.photobucket.com/albums/ss324/Ryegye/DSCF0735.jpg

http://i588.photobucket.com/albums/ss324/Ryegye/DSCF0733.jpg


what's that rubber thingy on the ACOG?
nice build BTW
10/19/2009 12:44:40 PM EDT
[#4]


Holy boner-ville batman! I'd like to walk out of there with as many as i could fit on my body.
10/19/2009 12:45:31 PM EDT
[#5]


Holy boner-ville batman! I'd like to walk out of there with as many as i could fit on my body.
10/19/2009 5:31:21 PM EDT
[#6]
For a true SDM-R, does the barrel have to be an HBAR?
10/19/2009 5:42:35 PM EDT
[#7]



Quoted:


For a true SDM-R, does the barrel have to be an HBAR?


The USMC SAM-R is an "heavy barrel". The Army SDM-R has a heavy profile with 12 deep flutes in it. The pic' of an SDM-R barrel below is from White Oak Armament's website...










 
10/19/2009 9:43:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Here's mine. It was my first AR I bought it shortly after the ban ended. My original intention was just to have something similar to the A2 I was issued, but that did not last long. It's a Bushmaster, I just bought the barrel and still need to swap it out. It's a Lothar Walther barrel from Superior Barrels.

http://i588.photobucket.com/albums/ss324/Ryegye/DSCF0735.jpg

http://i588.photobucket.com/albums/ss324/Ryegye/DSCF0733.jpg


what's that rubber thingy on the ACOG?
nice build BTW



There is nothing rubber on the ACOG, I am not sure what you are referring to. If it's back toward the eyepiece that is just the shape of the aluminum body,
10/20/2009 12:25:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Here's mine. It was my first AR I bought it shortly after the ban ended. My original intention was just to have something similar to the A2 I was issued, but that did not last long. It's a Bushmaster, I just bought the barrel and still need to swap it out. It's a Lothar Walther barrel from Superior Barrels.

http://i588.photobucket.com/albums/ss324/Ryegye/DSCF0735.jpg

http://i588.photobucket.com/albums/ss324/Ryegye/DSCF0733.jpg


what's that rubber thingy on the ACOG?
nice build BTW



There is nothing rubber on the ACOG, I am not sure what you are referring to. If it's back toward the eyepiece that is just the shape of the aluminum body,

He's probably refering to the lense covers

10/20/2009 12:39:12 PM EDT
[#10]
10/20/2009 3:48:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Those of you with SDM-R clones (Not SAM-R, etc...) how much (minus the optics) did they cost to build?

Especially how much was the barrel? What kind and specs are recommended?
10/24/2009 9:26:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Not really SDM-R / SAM-R but both inspired this one.

10/24/2009 9:33:27 PM EDT
[#13]
What are the true specs on an SDM-R?
10/26/2009 1:10:54 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
What are the true specs on an SDM-R?


look at wiki too, but here it is in a nutshell

-m16a2/4 lower receiver with KAC 2-stage SEMI trigger, sear pin removed. later upgraded to the Giesselle 2-stage match trigger when the KACs wore out.
-m16a4 upper receiver with standard BCG and charging handle
-Daniel defense M4 12.0" handguard. HBAR stainless barrel with flutes under the handguards and threaded on the end .
-FSB with set screws, standard A2 flash hider
-Harris Bipod in ARMS bipod mount

- Matech BUIS, with ACOG TA31F or what ever else is available
10/26/2009 5:04:49 AM EDT
[#15]


What brand of sling swivel is that?
Dustin

10/26/2009 11:34:20 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:


What brand of sling swivel is that?
Dustin



I believe they are GGG, at least that is what I used based on the pictures I have seen.
10/26/2009 5:01:57 PM EDT
[#17]





White Oak Armament 20" SS DMR barrel with Diamondblack coating by Springer Precision


Kaiser Defense lower


Stag LPK


LaRue Stealth upper w/M4 cuts


LaRue 12" rail


Giessele DMR trigger


A2 stock kit


Surefire MB556K brake


Harris/LaRue bipod


BCM BCG


(CA legal bullet button and 10 round mag)


Nightforce NXS 3.5-15x50mm in LaRue mount



10/27/2009 6:09:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
What are the true specs on an SDM-R?


look at wiki too, but here it is in a nutshell

-m16a2/4 lower receiver with KAC 2-stage SEMI trigger, sear pin removed. later upgraded to the Giesselle 2-stage match trigger when the KACs wore out.
-m16a4 upper receiver with standard BCG and charging handle
-Daniel defense M4 12.0" handguard. HBAR stainless barrel with flutes under the handguards and threaded on the end .
-FSB with set screws, standard A2 flash hider
-Harris Bipod in ARMS bipod mount

- Matech BUIS, with ACOG TA31F or what ever else is available


I actually dont think service SDM-R's had a BUIS, but I could be completely wrong.

Edit: stand corrected by photo proof. The shotgun news article I read said there wasn't one, apparently the Army got smart and added them.
10/28/2009 9:33:40 AM EDT
[#19]





Quoted:





Quoted:




Quoted:


What are the true specs on an SDM-R?






look at wiki too, but here it is in a nutshell





-m16a2/4 lower receiver with KAC 2-stage SEMI trigger, sear pin removed. later upgraded to the Giesselle 2-stage match trigger when the KACs wore out.


-m16a4 upper receiver with standard BCG and charging handle


-Daniel defense M4 12.0" handguard. HBAR stainless barrel with flutes under the handguards and threaded on the end .


-FSB with set screws, standard A2 flash hider


-Harris Bipod in ARMS bipod mount





- Matech BUIS, with ACOG TA31F or what ever else is available






I actually dont think service SDM-R's had a BUIS, but I could be completely wrong.





Edit: stand corrected by photo proof. The shotgun news article I read said there wasn't one, apparently the Army got smart and added them.



Yep', the photo below showing the TA01NSN ACOG and MATECH BUIS is what I based mine on. A lot of folks thought that the TA31F/BAC type ACOG's were the only one's used on them. Same goes for the BUIS'.

 
11/11/2009 11:23:53 PM EDT
[#20]
.............
11/12/2009 5:30:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Perhaps this thread should be extended to allow SPRs, since there doesn't seem to be a pic thread for them.
11/13/2009 3:54:29 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Perhaps this thread should be extended to allow SPRs, since there doesn't seem to be a pic thread for them.


Say WHAT???

SPR link.  



12/8/2009 8:22:02 PM EDT
[#23]






Quoted:



Edited...VA-gunnut





added rear sling swivel



now that is a really nice rifle!



 
12/8/2009 8:22:55 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:






Quoted:


Edited...VA-gunnut




added rear sling swivel



now that is a really nice rifle!








you paint your nails?





remind me not to piss you off.
 
12/9/2009 6:16:00 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
What are the true specs on an SDM-R?


look at wiki too, but here it is in a nutshell

-m16a2/4 lower receiver with KAC 2-stage SEMI trigger, sear pin removed. later upgraded to the Giesselle 2-stage match trigger when the KACs wore out.
-m16a4 upper receiver with standard BCG and charging handle
-Daniel defense M4 12.0" handguard. HBAR stainless barrel with flutes under the handguards and threaded on the end .
-FSB with set screws, standard A2 flash hider
-Harris Bipod in ARMS bipod mount

- Matech BUIS, with ACOG TA31F or what ever else is available


I actually dont think service SDM-R's had a BUIS, but I could be completely wrong.

Edit: stand corrected by photo proof. The shotgun news article I read said there wasn't one, apparently the Army got smart and added them.

Yep', the photo below showing the TA01NSN ACOG and MATECH BUIS is what I based mine on. A lot of folks thought that the TA31F/BAC type ACOG's were the only one's used on them. Same goes for the BUIS'.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/31/ArmySnipersinIraq.jpg

 


The conventional cross hairs of the NSN are preferred by a lot of guys over the chevron of the 31.  I saw quit a few in that configuration.  Matechs are on everything now that supply has caught up.   In general Acog equipped weapons were the last to get them.  Even the Marines are using them now.  Note the 20 round mag too.  Said to be in short supply yet our unit had a few cases of them- but no SDM-Rs!
12/15/2009 5:14:50 PM EDT
[#26]
that was not cool at all. I wanted to contribute to this thread to keep it alive. Where's your contribution Lambo?
12/15/2009 11:23:58 PM EDT
[#27]




Quoted:

that was not cool at all. I wanted to contribute to this thread to keep it alive. Where's your contribution Lambo?


i came to this thread to look at sdm-r clones not nasty toes. brightening your toes up helps everyone to feel better about your pic, it was my contribution to this thread and everyone that was forced to look at your feet.



12/15/2009 11:29:15 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Quoted:
that was not cool at all. I wanted to contribute to this thread to keep it alive. Where's your contribution Lambo?

i came to this thread to look at sdm-r clones not nasty toes. brightening your toes up helps everyone to feel better about your pic, it was my contribution to this thread and everyone that was forced to look at your feet.

if your talking about a picture, here is my quai sdmr/samr rifle.  notice NO TOES!

http://i457.photobucket.com/albums/qq293/badka2ma/100_2270.jpg


They don't say gnarly toes for nothing.

I think foot fetish is another thread but nice rifle.
1/19/2010 10:13:39 PM EDT
[#29]
1/26/2010 8:03:36 AM EDT
[#30]
anyone pick up an SDM-R complete upper from WOA?

its on their homepage: http://www.whiteoakarmament.com/
2/21/2010 4:34:19 AM EDT
[#31]
2/21/2010 1:18:09 PM EDT
[#32]
Checking the link, I did not see (old eyes) the price for the complete upper; only the barrel. School me and tell me what I missed?

I have an Armamlite NM, and I'm thinking about coming close to this by doing the following:


Armalite A4 upper
Troy 12" FF Rails

Figure the NM Barrel 1:8 twist, flat-top upper would get me close a a very reasonable investment. The barrel is accurate, the twist is right and I don't shoot Service Rifle. It won't have a flash supressor, but IF I use it to do a dirty deed, I don't expect to get away with it in the first place. (Smiling)

The Magpul stock on ENKRY's stick, could come later. accurate and sexy, does it get better than that?

Constuctive comments are very welcomed.

2/21/2010 1:35:50 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Quoted:
that was not cool at all. I wanted to contribute to this thread to keep it alive. Where's your contribution Lambo?

i came to this thread to look at sdm-r clones not nasty toes. brightening your toes up helps everyone to feel better about your pic, it was my contribution to this thread and everyone that was forced to look at your feet.

if your talking about a picture, here is my quai sdmr/samr rifle.  notice NO TOES!

http://i457.photobucket.com/albums/qq293/badka2ma/100_2270.jpg


When I am taking pictures of rifles or pistols, I make damn sure there are no toes in the pictures because the guys on here are brutal.

2/21/2010 2:17:32 PM EDT
[#34]
I have an RRA NM A4 upper inbound.

For the moment I'll be running it on my RRA NM lower from my current A2 Service Rifle setup.

But in the future I'll do a second lower and I'm thinking of using the RRA Operator fixed A2 stock.  Anyone have experience with those?


On my A4 upper I'll be putting on a Bushnell 3200 10x mildot scope on the new RRA cantilever hi rise mount.

Not exactly the SDM rifle but I figure the setup meets the same intent
2/24/2010 1:37:03 PM EDT
[#35]
Where can I find the correct front site base for the SDM for sale? I know it is attached by four set screws, but don't know what brand site I am looking for.

Also will the carry handle off a colt 6920 with 6/3 turrents work on a 20" rifle? Will the elevation clicks still be accurate?
3/22/2010 7:23:18 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I have an RRA NM A4 upper inbound.

For the moment I'll be running it on my RRA NM lower from my current A2 Service Rifle setup.

But in the future I'll do a second lower and I'm thinking of using the RRA Operator fixed A2 stock.  Anyone have experience with those?


On my A4 upper I'll be putting on a Bushnell 3200 10x mildot scope on the new RRA cantilever hi rise mount.

Not exactly the SDM rifle but I figure the setup meets the same intent


here it is









Three shots at 400m (the label 400/2.5m).  2.5m notes the mil hold over.  Fired 75 Hornady reloads.  First time shooting at distance, ever.  Figured out the windage holdover later on



3/23/2010 3:30:21 PM EDT
[#37]
But, but, but you dont have a free float rail...and you Missed the head....yet it is still MOA shooting.
3/23/2010 5:43:23 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
But, but, but you dont have a free float rail...and you Missed the head....yet it is still MOA shooting.


lol, thanks.  figured out windage later.


that is actually RRA free float rail handguard for Service Rifle usage



eta:

3/23/2010 6:11:30 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Three shots at 400m (the label 400/2.5m).  2.5m notes the mil hold over.  Fired 75 Hornady reloads.  First time shooting at distance, ever.  Figured out the windage holdover later on

http://www.danpassaro.com/img/v9/p523321571.jpg



Vertical stringing...are your breathing while shooting?
3/23/2010 6:22:35 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Three shots at 400m (the label 400/2.5m).  2.5m notes the mil hold over.  Fired 75 Hornady reloads.  First time shooting at distance, ever.  Figured out the windage holdover later on

http://www.danpassaro.com/img/v9/p523321571.jpg



Vertical stringing...are your breathing while shooting?


unfortunately we spent little time at 400yd.  These reloads were done with my new Lee powder measure and my first shots using that method.

Therefore I'm not entirely sure how much breathing factored in.  I felt that my NPOA was solid.


Still I'd like to try using a rear bag and see what difference it might make.
3/24/2010 8:16:46 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:
But, but, but you dont have a free float rail...and you Missed the head....yet it is still MOA shooting.


lol, thanks.  figured out windage later.


that is actually RRA free float rail handguard for Service Rifle usage



eta:

http://www.danpassaro.com/img/v4/p582500844.jpg


Doh, I got pwned... still pretty good shooting as it looks sub-MOA.
3/25/2010 6:56:55 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
But, but, but you dont have a free float rail...and you Missed the head....yet it is still MOA shooting.


lol, thanks.  figured out windage later.


that is actually RRA free float rail handguard for Service Rifle usage



eta:

http://www.danpassaro.com/img/v4/p582500844.jpg


Doh, I got pwned... still pretty good shooting as it looks sub-MOA.


ha, negative .  those handguards are meant to look 'stock' as Service Rifle competition does not allow any external changes (can't even use an A1 handgrip for example)
3/25/2010 10:57:13 AM EDT
[#43]
Here's mine. I posted it here earlier before I changed out he barrel.
3/25/2010 11:04:39 AM EDT
[#44]







Quoted:




Here's mine. I posted it here earlier before I changed out he barrel.









 EDIT: I see it now. Looks good. What barrel are you using now?
 
3/25/2010 11:06:39 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Here's mine. I posted it here earlier before I changed out he barrel.
http://i588.photobucket.com/albums/ss324/Ryegye/DSCF1027.jpg


I like
3/26/2010 12:17:49 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Here's mine. I posted it here earlier before I changed out he barrel.


 EDIT: I see it now. Looks good. What barrel are you using now?
 


It's a Superior Barrels Hoplite 20" Lothar Walther barrel.
3/29/2010 6:59:33 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Those of you with SDM-R clones (Not SAM-R, etc...) how much (minus the optics) did they cost to build?

Especially how much was the barrel? What kind and specs are recommended?


Mine will be right at $2k, heres my parts breakdown..

LCW Lower
Colt LPK
CMT A2 buttstock assy
Geissele SSA Trigger
Colt Upper
Colt Bolt Carrier & Bolt
Douglas 20" 1/7 fluted barrel profiled by CLE, sold by Superior Barrels
A2 Flash Hider
Daniel Defense Lite or RIS II rail (to justify buying the wrench for another build)
Matech BUIS
White Oak Armanent F marked windage adjustable Front Sight Assy

The barrel is on the way, waiting for funds on the handguard.  My optic will be a TA31RCOA4 w/Larue mount, still a few months out, then off to zero and rattlecan the piss out of everything.


3/29/2010 7:20:30 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Those of you with SDM-R clones (Not SAM-R, etc...) how much (minus the optics) did they cost to build?

Especially how much was the barrel? What kind and specs are recommended?





The build I am planning and currently gathering parts for will be right around $1600 without optics.

Parts List:
Armalite stripped lower
DD lpk
Giesselle SSA
RRA A2 stock
BCM upper reciever
DD Bolt carrier
Matched bolt from CLE
Douglas 20" SDM profile barrel from CLE with CLE's chamber
Windage adjustable f marked FSB from CLE
DD m4 12" rail
Leaning toward a SEI vortex flash suppressor at the moment.

My rifle is not a 100% clone, but I intend to get very close with the rifle. Optics however I am planning to run a 2.5-8x leupold mk4 in a larue mount. I guess once I add optics I will have a SDM/SAM-R type rifle.

Those of you who have the CLE barrel with their own design chamber, can you shoot 5.56mm pressure ammo? I have been trying to call them for the last three business days with no luck to ask this question.
3/31/2010 1:31:30 PM EDT
[#49]


you can add another $50 for the GGG sling thing i forgot to list and a two point sling.

so $1200 total WITHOUT optic but using USGI parts
4/1/2010 6:53:15 PM EDT
[#50]
From John Holliger's site:  

Sign up to continue the discussion

Create a free account to share your thoughts, follow topics, and connect with the AR15.COM community.

Already a member? Sign In

Previous Page
/ 4
Next Page
AR Sponsor