BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 1/8/2007 3:18:04 PM EDT
[#1]
I think I will move to another state just so I can buy these mags.

DAMN YOU, MARYLAND LIBERALS!
Link Posted: 1/8/2007 3:21:18 PM EDT
[#2]
if they were stackable like the Sig mags, that would freaking rock.
Link Posted: 1/8/2007 3:26:18 PM EDT
[#3]
looks great magpul

just about every product you take on i am saying "wow, these people get it"

now if one was to combine magpul with larue--- that would be some nice hardware
Link Posted: 1/8/2007 3:29:17 PM EDT
[#4]
arrrggghhh
Link Posted: 1/8/2007 3:29:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Sign me up!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/8/2007 3:35:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Tag for bout 10 of these

Morcoth
Link Posted: 1/8/2007 5:24:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Just from the pictures that are posted, it doesn't look like it has the pressed in sections that a metal magazine has. If that is that case, will these hold and feed other rounds (6.8, 6.5, etc.) as well?

Jason
Link Posted: 1/8/2007 5:48:19 PM EDT
[#8]
My credit card is HOT for these- projected availability date?  What colors?

Link Posted: 1/8/2007 5:52:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Will you advertise these on your site and then charge my card and make me wait at least two months to get them? Cause if not I'm ready to buy some too.
Link Posted: 1/8/2007 6:05:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Lookin' very, very good! Of course, we will need these with interior ribs sized for the 6.5 Grendel case body. I need to have Bill Alexander give you a call!!!

Done right, you could make these an intermediate cartridge magazine that will work for BOTH 6.5 Grendel and 6.8 SPC. I like 'em. They have a classy design.

John

=========
6.5 Grendel: Soul of an AR10; Body of an AR15
Link Posted: 1/8/2007 6:52:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Unique.  Certain to be reliable.  Cheap.

I can't see anything wrong with ordering a few when they become available.  They certainly aren't any more expensive than comparable Al mags.

Count me in for a tenpack when they hit the market.
Link Posted: 1/8/2007 6:54:22 PM EDT
[#12]
First thought, buy these...

second thought, buy the company   Group Buy anyone?
Link Posted: 1/8/2007 6:56:43 PM EDT
[#13]
GOD BLESS YOU MAGPUL, yet another product i wanna order right now!!

I just hope they work better than my one PROMAG polymer magazine....
the rounds wont stay in and sometimes fly out at random.
Link Posted: 1/8/2007 7:32:57 PM EDT
[#14]
I'd be up for a "bakers dozen". (6 black for in town, 6 OD for up north, and 1 "dark earth" for range work)

No window, though... Save that for the movies.
Link Posted: 1/8/2007 7:48:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Looks very similar in design to the Steyr Aug mags which never gave me any problems.  I like the cover.  Since the Aug mags were reliable in 42 round configuration, any attempt to make capacity above 30?  There are very few 40 rounders that work well for ARs.
Link Posted: 1/8/2007 9:11:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/8/2007 10:22:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Awesome!
2 suggestions:

1. Make them click together like g36 or sig550 series.

2. Make them in clear or smoke color.

If not, I'm buying them anyway.
Link Posted: 1/8/2007 11:59:21 PM EDT
[#18]
will they need a special follower?
Link Posted: 1/9/2007 12:16:25 AM EDT
[#19]
At $12 a pop i will buy a dozen.  I hope they work in my carbon15 without sticking to the magazine well.
Link Posted: 1/9/2007 12:23:08 AM EDT
[#20]
Nice, i will stop buy at shot and harass you guys yet again this year.
Link Posted: 1/9/2007 3:44:41 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
No window, though... Save that for the movies.

You just know these are going to start showing up in futuristic movies!

Actually I like the little windows. I'll stick with USGI for serious use but I would like a few of these to try for range use. Put me down for 6 OD's with the windows please!
Link Posted: 1/9/2007 7:40:21 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted: Make them in clear or smoke color.

I like the smoke color idea. Then you've got a "window" for the whole stack!

John

==========
6.5 Grendel: World's Best Combat Cartridge
Link Posted: 1/9/2007 8:28:11 AM EDT
[#23]
I want mags, that last LONG. I like the CProducts SS mags.

If I get those Magpul Mags at the same price as Alu ones, I´ll get Alu.

Now if the price is way cheaper ... I might stock up some ...

H
Link Posted: 1/9/2007 9:38:56 AM EDT
[#24]
My guess is that any "clear" plastic will be inferior to the nylon / glass(?) base stuff Magpul uses.
Link Posted: 1/9/2007 10:00:33 AM EDT
[#25]
Eagerly awaiting the release of these to pick a few up, keep us updated.
Link Posted: 1/9/2007 10:27:24 AM EDT
[#26]
Please be $10 flat out.............................I will swear by them, and also buy 100
Link Posted: 1/9/2007 10:29:23 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
My guess is that any "clear" plastic will be inferior to the nylon / glass(?) base stuff Magpul uses.

Have you ever seen/handled a Steyr AUG mag?

Not an issue.
Link Posted: 1/9/2007 10:42:53 AM EDT
[#28]
Newp, just going from what I've seen of other plastic / composite items. I would still say the POTENTIAL is there for an opaque composite item to be superior to a translucent one. That said, I have no doubt the AUG mags are tough. Do they have metal feed lips? If not, how is this not an issue?
Link Posted: 1/9/2007 10:51:05 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Newp, just going from what I've seen of other plastic / composite items. I would still say the POTENTIAL is there for an opaque composite item to be superior to a translucent one. That said, I have no doubt the AUG mags are tough. Do they have metal feed lips? If not, how is this not an issue?

No they don't have metal feed lips.

The AUG mags are not really "clear" but more of a translucent tan color. The original mags were clear but they did have some issues so Steyr went to the tan instead.
Link Posted: 1/9/2007 11:00:29 AM EDT
[#30]
Wow, very nice job. At $12.00 with a good follower, I think you are going to sell a lot. You guys really got it going on with R&D.
Link Posted: 1/9/2007 12:07:18 PM EDT
[#31]
Impressive! Put me down for 50 of them!
Link Posted: 1/9/2007 12:19:51 PM EDT
[#32]
Im in for 8-10 for SURE, I LOVE polymer mags and they are not as available anymore, other than ProMags and Orlites

Im a polymer mag fiend

Link Posted: 1/9/2007 6:23:53 PM EDT
[#33]
Wait - I don't get it.  Other than "the look," why buy $14 polymer mags that are "disposable" and/or "supplements" when you can buy an aluminum-bodied C-products mag for the same price (or cheaper)?

I'm not seeing the value?  (however, I dig the round indicator window and can understand wanting them for the tacticool factor).
Link Posted: 1/9/2007 8:34:27 PM EDT
[#34]
Definitely trick-looking!
Link Posted: 1/9/2007 8:35:07 PM EDT
[#35]
Will these fit the same way into existing mag pouches, like GI 3 mag carriers, or will we only get 2 of them in an old 3 mag pouch???
Link Posted: 1/9/2007 8:41:55 PM EDT
[#36]
10 in FDE, 10 in OD

just because mmmk
Link Posted: 1/9/2007 9:10:32 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 1/10/2007 5:58:54 AM EDT
[#38]
I didn't read the whole thread yet, so excuse me if this has been mentioned.

You should do this same thing in a 9mm mag. I think it would be perfect. I would actually like to see a 9mm straight mag in this design that is full size front to back, then you wouldn't need a mag block.

I also love the 5.56 ones in this thread. I will without a doubt buy at least 10...maybe 10 black and 10 OD.

What the hell...do a .22 LR full size mag as well......I would go in major debt buying all 3 calibers from you guys.
Link Posted: 1/10/2007 8:26:41 AM EDT
[#39]
I'll take one of each color, then another mixed case!
Link Posted: 1/10/2007 9:08:45 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Wait - I don't get it.  Other than "the look," why buy $14 polymer mags that are "disposable" and/or "supplements" when you can buy an aluminum-bodied C-products mag for the same price (or cheaper)?

I'm not seeing the value?  (however, I dig the round indicator window and can understand wanting them for the tacticool factor).

They're lighter, don't have the finish wear off, have the load window, have Magpul advanced followers already installed, can be tactically reloaded with a full 30rds in them and not have to be downloaded to 28rds, they come in different colors based on your environment, come with their own dust covers/feedlip covers for long term storage.  On top of all this, they're the same price as a standard GI mag, if you don't see the value in that I think you may need to think about it a bit more.
Link Posted: 1/10/2007 10:18:42 AM EDT
[#41]
Can we get some pix of the mags loaded in standard mag pouches?  The stuff from the SDS Rifleman II - TT - TAG - BHI, whathave you. - G
Link Posted: 1/10/2007 10:31:09 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

NOTE:This magazine is not meant to replace metal mags for individuals who shoot daily for a living. They were made as a volume supplement to issue mags that can be made quickly, in large numbers with minimum variances in manufacture.

... Nice looking mags. Is the quoted statement above imply that Magpul considers these a true "disposable magazine"? The weak-link on any polymer mag is the catch as they don't have the modulus or hardness properties their aluminum counterparts do, able to withstand repeated cycling.

Orlite, Steyr, HK, manage to make theirs reliable and long lasting. Will have to pick up some of these anyways.
Link Posted: 1/10/2007 10:38:55 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:
They were made as a volume supplement to issue mags that can be made quickly, in large numbers with minimum variances in manufacture.

In other words, if there is a ban, we can run the injection molder 24/7 for a week and stockpile 10 years supply of mags.  Bravo.

Magpul,

I love you.

The qoute below yours simply confirms it!

The cheap price is incredibly attractice too. I WILL get some!

Link Posted: 1/10/2007 10:49:46 AM EDT
[#44]
I must steel myself for the following:

1.  Why do you need miore mags?

2.  What could you possibly use all those for?

3.  Good lord, what are you preparing for?
Link Posted: 1/10/2007 12:14:22 PM EDT
[#45]
I will have to get a ton of these for the new AUG type rifle that uses M-16 mags that is coming out
Link Posted: 1/10/2007 12:29:20 PM EDT
[#46]
Is there any parts commonality between these and standard metal mags?

I might need some "replacement parts" for my mags here in Cali.
Link Posted: 1/10/2007 12:37:08 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

... Nice looking mags. Is the quoted statement above imply that Magpul considers these a true "disposable magazine"? The weak-link on any polymer mag is the catch as they don't have the modulus or hardness properties their aluminum counterparts do, able to withstand repeated cycling.

Orlite, Steyr, HK, manage to make theirs reliable and long lasting. Will have to pick up some of these anyways.

hahaha, okay mister jokey joke maker, now I know you're not talking about the Israeli "I refuse to drop free" Orlite mags here.

Anyways, this looks pretty cool. Just how many are going to be available initially? I know most of the first run is going to be delivered to AZ to a member who's screen name starts and ends with "M", so when are the rest of us going to see these? Same time as the UBR perhaps?
Link Posted: 1/10/2007 1:47:37 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

hahaha, okay mister jokey joke maker, now I know you're not talking about the Israeli "I refuse to drop free" Orlite mags here.

Anyways, this looks pretty cool. Just how many are going to be available initially? I know most of the first run is going to be delivered to AZ to a member who's screen name starts and ends with "M", so when are the rest of us going to see these? Same time as the UBR perhaps?

Now Steve, Orlite's Galil mags are suppose to be top notch.
Link Posted: 1/10/2007 1:52:24 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

I was unaware of that, I only have experience with my 5 or 6 AR mags of theirs.
However, challenge my expertise in front of everybody again, and I will rip out your thorax. Understood?
Link Posted: 1/10/2007 2:20:49 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was unaware of that, I only have experience with my 5 or 6 AR mags of theirs.
However, challenge my expertise in front of everybody again, and I will rip out your thorax. Understood?

Expertise?

Page / 5
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top