User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 5:18:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Pretty late to this topic. Not sure if the OP was able to settle on a SHTF UMC setup,

But this is something that I want to get for my AK, AR & PCC mag edc needs.

FS Fight Strap
Link Posted: 7/2/2021 10:41:27 AM EDT
[#2]
In case anyone’s considering a D3CRM Micro, Haley Strategic has 20% sale going on for the 4th of July weekend.
Link Posted: 7/17/2021 1:41:29 PM EDT
[#3]
https://www.amazon.com/Condor-MCR6-002-Tactical-Equipment-Black/dp/B009SAY5ZY/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

Inexpensive. Light. Adjustable. Holds 6 tight to your chest. Why carry them if they're a pita to access or flopping around when you move?

Some will cry air soft. Negative. Not tier 1 but works for my country ass.
Link Posted: 7/25/2021 8:44:14 AM EDT
[#4]
I like using free stuff.  Standard USGI 4 pocket bandoleer that 12 ea 10 rd stripper clips come packed in.  Load mags with ammo provided.  Pull/unzip white string like a feed bag and reinsert 30 rd mags into bandoleer.  S fold and stow in strategic locations.  Grab and go.

Throw across shoulder and go.  If adjustment is needed, there is a provide safety pin to take up slack and secure stripper clip spoon.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

About 3000 rds loaded
Attachment Attached File

CD

Link Posted: 7/25/2021 1:21:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
https://www.amazon.com/Condor-MCR6-002-Tactical-Equipment-Black/dp/B009SAY5ZY/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

Inexpensive. Light. Adjustable. Holds 6 tight to your chest. Why carry them if they're a pita to access or flopping around when you move?

Some will cry air soft. Negative. Not tier 1 but works for my country ass.
View Quote

I have a Condor chest rig and was pleasantly surprised when I got it.  For packing around a few mags and some accessories it will do fine.
Link Posted: 11/4/2021 12:52:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Funny you should mention all of that. I've just completed a Red Cross advanced class because my job requires it. I'm also getting advice and training from a couple of EMTs, and ordered two of the Blue Force trauma kits. I added Quick Clot and am looking for the combat gauze. I may ditch the multi-tool on my carrier in favor of a Raptor shear, which does most of what the multi-tool does and adds a damn serious shear, in a foldable package. Or I may just use a knife to cut stuff.

Only one of the EMTs sees much value in carrying a tourniquet, but both schooled me on field-expedient tourniquets. I like the simplicity of the one you mentioned.

A note to all and sundry- most of this stuff can be purchased with your HSA account. Thanks for the guidance, sir!
View Quote

I asked a friend about tourniquets, who was a paramedic within the last decade and is currently an ER nurse. He said for them it's not necessary because they can normally get patients to the hospital fairly quickly, but he saw the value of them for military or people out in the wilderness who might be stuck on their own for a while.

As for keeping a low profile while carrying a long gun. It might not make a difference to most people but maybe it would to security forces (police, military). Someone standing around with only an AR might just be seen as someone defending their turf, but add in some gear and now they could look like they're planning something.

For guys who've been in conflict zones, if you saw a guy with an AK with no clear intentions or affiliations, would them having gear make you more suspicious of them?
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 2:17:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/14/2021 3:52:32 AM EDT
[#8]
A new surplus FLC with a few of the velcro-latch double mag pouches is a great option for the money if you aren't running plates. The double mag pouches can cinch down single mags easily, and the FLC can be configured into a chest rig style setup if you don't like it as a vest.
Link Posted: 11/29/2021 12:18:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Not bad, I've got a cheap "1st responder bag" in my vehicle with the appropriate firearm. carrys six mags, bino's, flashlight, fire source, water, etc.

link
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
These "Bail out range bags" from Midway aren't bad.  They hold half a dozen mags and look more like a camera bag.

https://media.mwstatic.com/product-images/src/primary/437/437025.jpg?imwidth=2200

Black is in stock

Bail out/range bag

Not bad, I've got a cheap "1st responder bag" in my vehicle with the appropriate firearm. carrys six mags, bino's, flashlight, fire source, water, etc.

link

When I went to this, amazon showed me a 25% off coupon.

Of course, I purchased one.

SOG Responder Bag, 11.5-Liter Storage

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/1/2022 4:40:39 AM EDT
[#10]

Everyone will have their preferred way of carrying mags, for carrying 6 to 12 mags I like my Eagle Industries chest rig.

It also have a hidden net compartment behind the mag pouches (between the rig and the body).

It holds 4 (single mag per pouch) to 8 (double per pouch) and it have two MOLLE open ends at each ends which I placed 2 single/ double pouches, to make it a total of 6 - 12 (or 6 -11) mags capacity.

If I have to replace this with lesser mag capacity and lighter weight I would get the BFG Ten-Speed M4 chest rig, for 4 mags or less I'm OK with any bug out type pouch sling.
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 1:30:25 AM EDT
[#11]
So I found another little bag for mags that’s inexpensive. Probably going to end up buying a couple more when they go on sale. The Primary Arms shoulder sling pack goes for $20 on sale. I picked one up for use with my .22 AR for mags and ammo to toss in the trunk for the range, grouse, etc.

Fits 9x black dog mags snugly, so USGI should be should be a little looser, plus the external pouches are big enough to fit boxes of ammo, multi tools, or hopefully a .22 can.

It won’t see heavy use until summer, but the bag feels pretty darn solid.

Link Posted: 1/12/2022 2:22:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Cheapest option, mil-spec:

Lots of these style shoulder bags too:
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 2:36:38 PM EDT
[#13]
I bought a cheap belt for outfitting a friend. Amazon

It works well for a cheap belt. So before you spend a few hundred, try that for a belt.
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 1:56:30 PM EDT
[#14]
All Skill No Luck - Drug Rug

https://allskillnoluck.com/collections/drug-rugs

- Kangaroo pocket in front

- Kangaroo pouch with velcro closure that will accept many of the kangaroo inserts that are on the market

- Internal cummerbund attachment points (cummerbund sold separately and waiting in parts)

- Admin pouch with velcro closure

- Shoulder pockets with velcro on the outside

Link Posted: 1/24/2022 11:45:33 PM EDT
[#15]
I was looking to solve the same gear problem you are, couldn't find anything I felt was optimal, so I made my own.
https://faust.systems/store/p/d-rig
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 3:27:18 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I was looking to solve the same gear problem you are, couldn't find anything I felt was optimal, so I made my own.

View Quote

Might want to check the site rules before promoting your company on here.  Usually requires a dealer account, quick way to get banned otherwise.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 5:06:23 AM EDT
[#17]
Zombie thread...I'll play.

Attachment Attached File

5.11 bail out bag, higher quality so it will last longer, I think, than the half price MidwayUSA bag. Obvious - 6 30 round AR mags, mixture of MagPul M2 and 3, and a couple MFT. In the front is attached an North American Rescue Mini IFK with CAT. Inside the rear pouch fitting neatly inside, ( added right after the photo), is the CZ provided cleaning kit for my CZ BREN 2 MS. Inside the bag at this moment is an old cheap Condor twin spare pistol mag holder MOLLE'd into the MOLLE side, (I guess even Condor gear will last like this!), with two spare pistol mags loaded with good ammo. Mounted after the photo is a Tactical Tailor Fight Lite Joey hydration pouch on the back end MOLLE. Makes for a long bag. I added a waist strap I had laying around. It's heavier than I expected but that's how it goes.
Link Posted: 1/29/2022 10:16:09 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
https://acecase.com/magazine-pouch-6-pack-30-round-black.html

one of these in black would allow for easy carry of up to 12  30rd mags.
View Quote

What would be the scenario for carrying such an amount of mags?
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 12:36:29 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Why not a simple courier bag?
If you want to get fancy you can velcro a couple of magazine panels inside.
View Quote

This. Or just stuff em in a pocket.
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 12:50:02 AM EDT
[#20]
I would think something like this would work well

https://www.ar15.com/forums/equipment-exchange/INVRT-Bandolier-multicam-black-w-Gen1-med-pouch-150-PRICE-DROP-/173-2188083/

Link Posted: 4/17/2022 12:33:27 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
https://faust.systems/store/p/d-rig
View Quote

That is a cool idea. Nicely done!

I got a deal on a few gas mask bags a few years ago and figured out how to convert them to a messenger bag by adding some extra hardware and moving some bits around.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

This one has been my range bag for quick trips and it gets packed with my weapon stuff when we go on trips. It holds two 30rd mags in each of the three pockets and has plenty of room for extra ammo, pistol mags, maintenance stuff or whatever.  

I have made two more of these and my wife and daughter both use them as purses. Theirs are a bit more refined than this one. I redesigned the pockets on the outside to be vertical and my sewing is a bit better.  

I have thought about trying to make my own bag from scratch based on this one but I think I'd probably do something to stiffen the back panel up a bit and maybe add some hardware so I can attach it to the front of my backpack straps like a big admin pouch. I've also tried to come up with a low profile way to add a waist strap to it so you could throw the shoulder strap over your head and have a strap around your waist to keep it on your side.
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 1:00:56 AM EDT
[#22]
I sewed a bunch of velcro and elastic into the inside of an old laptop bag.  The mags and stuff don't support the profile of the bag like a laptop would so it just looks like a junk bag.
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 9:16:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Old fashioned, but the USGI 3 pocket bandoleer works perfectly.  

Carries 6 loaded 30 round magazines and costs about a pizza.

It has tab loops at bottom so you can sew a strap or elastic if you are worried about it bouncing as you run.

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/PzQAAOSwYgFaxSfG/s-l400.jpg

View Quote

This is what we did. My wife calls hers an "ammo purse "
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 11:22:15 AM EDT
[#24]
Duputy dupe
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 11:23:22 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 5/2/2022 4:00:05 AM EDT
[#26]
Lots of good stuff here.  Wondering if someone has come up with a cheap/streamlined way to carry GI 20 mags.  Most solutions are for 30s and then a 20 is kinda lost swimming inside.

I was thinking of just a reload bandolier maybe? Just for riding in the trunk for a SHTF, not range use, etc.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/2/2022 10:30:47 AM EDT
[#27]
Esstac makes short kiwis if you have something MOLLE that you can put them in
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 11:39:36 PM EDT
[#28]
I wound up with one of these. A First Spear Modular Fight Strap.  Added an admin pouch and a couple of these and one of these from Keep Shooting.  Holds two rifle and two pistol mags, and the admin pouch holds a tourniquet, flashlight, and other small sundries.  It lives hung on the passenger head rest in my truck, and hides under a light jacket really well.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 11:59:48 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I asked a friend about tourniquets, who was a paramedic within the last decade and is currently an ER nurse. He said for them it's not necessary because they can normally get patients to the hospital fairly quickly, but he saw the value of them for military or people out in the wilderness who might be stuck on their own for a while.
View Quote

This is 1000 percent not the case.  We carry a lot of tourniquets on our ambulances and fire engines/trucks.  We very rarely use them but when you need one you really need one. And we're 5-10 minutes from many hospitals, 7-10ish minutes to a lvl 1 Truama center from anywhere in our district.  That's plenty of time to bleed out from an uncontrolled arterial hemorrhage. Not to mention would you rather show up to the trauma center with 90 percent of your blood still in you or 75 percent?  The more we can keep in the better the outcome will be, sometimes that means a tourniquet.  

I still wouldn't go without a tourniquet somewhere close by.  I don't carry one on my person but we have them in our EMS bags and in the vehicles themselves so they're always pretty close by.  What you got from that paramedic/nurse is old thinking.  You can go back a page on this thread and find a response to a similar train of thought on TQs not being a necessity.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 12:04:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Back pocket of my jeans.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 12:23:02 PM EDT
[#31]
A simple PALS micro rig has map storage. Slap on a 3-4 mag shingle and roll.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 1:34:19 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

This is 1000 percent not the case.  We carry a lot of tourniquets on our ambulances and fire engines/trucks.  We very rarely use them but when you need one you really need one. And we're 5-10 minutes from many hospitals, 7-10ish minutes to a lvl 1 Truama center from anywhere in our district.  That's plenty of time to bleed out from an uncontrolled arterial hemorrhage. Not to mention would you rather show up to the trauma center with 90 percent of your blood still in you or 75 percent?  The more we can keep in the better the outcome will be, sometimes that means a tourniquet.  

I still wouldn't go without a tourniquet somewhere close by.  I don't carry one on my person but we have them in our EMS bags and in the vehicles themselves so they're always pretty close by.  What you got from that paramedic/nurse is old thinking.  You can go back a page on this thread and find a response to a similar train of thought on TQs not being a necessity.
View Quote

A couple of years ago I was at "workplace first responder training"and I asked about tourniquets and the instructor told me to forget about them because "on average were 7-9 minutes away from EMT's".  It seemed to me like that was plenty of time to bleed out.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 2:50:48 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

A couple of years ago I was at "workplace first responder training"and I asked about tourniquets and the instructor told me to forget about them because "on average were 7-9 minutes away from EMT's".  It seemed to me like that was plenty of time to bleed out.
View Quote

I don't know why instructors are passing info like this.  I'm in a major metro area (Dallas but I'm not with Dallas Fire) and our response time from station to scene is 4-5 minutes.   Then we're going to have to spend some kind of time on scene to figure out what's going on and take some initial steps.  IF it's a shooting we're staging and waiting on PD to show up so figure even longer.  Move you to the ambulance and best case it's going to take 7-10 minutes to get to that Lvl 1 Trauma hospital.  Hell it could be 30 minutes between getting shot and actually getting into the ER let alone OR to fix whatever got severed.  And this is in a major city.  

Once you lose 40 percent of your blood volume you're done for.  It's very important to keep as much inside of you as you can.  So advice is to ignore their advice lol.
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 3:40:11 PM EDT
[#34]
I dont remember if this was posted here before or not
https://www.saviorequipment.com/collections/pouches/products/rifle-magazine-pouch
They come in gray
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 6:04:16 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I don't know why instructors are passing info like this.  I'm in a major metro area (Dallas but I'm not with Dallas Fire) and our response time from station to scene is 4-5 minutes.   Then we're going to have to spend some kind of time on scene to figure out what's going on and take some initial steps.  IF it's a shooting we're staging and waiting on PD to show up so figure even longer.  Move you to the ambulance and best case it's going to take 7-10 minutes to get to that Lvl 1 Trauma hospital.  Hell it could be 30 minutes between getting shot and actually getting into the ER let alone OR to fix whatever got severed.  And this is in a major city.  

Once you lose 40 percent of your blood volume you're done for.  It's very important to keep as much inside of you as you can.  So advice is to ignore their advice lol.
View Quote

I just wanted to bump this back up because I'm going to link to this thread and I noticed this post. The Australian dude who got stabbed in the mall is a good example of why being able to control bleeding is important. (dude was an example of how fast you can bleed out, not that a tourniquet could have saved him)
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top