AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 2:07:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have a setup in this configuration. I am running a LaRue Tactical 18" Stealth barrel (mid-length gas) with a BCM A5 Intermediate Buffer System and LANTAC E-BCG. It is extremely smooth and dependable.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/76904/001-286154.JPG
View Quote
Nice setup. The MFT Minimalist is so tight it feels like a fixed stock. So in a way you are getting the best of both worlds IMO.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 9:15:58 PM EDT
[#2]

1st AR build, but haven't been able to get out and give it a try yet.  Main parts are a partially assembled Aero upper receiver and stripped Aero lower receiver; PSA lower parts kit with their enhanced fire control group and Magpul MOE+ grip; PSA Magpul ACS-L Stock Kit; PSA 5.56 Premium HPT/MPI Full Auto Bolt Carrier Group & PSA AR15/M16 Charging Handle; 18" 223 Wylde 5R stainless barrel (rifle gas), gas block and gas tube from Sanders Armory; UTG 15" super slim free float rail in M-LOK.
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 12:08:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
H6 buffer which IIRC is six individual weights totalling the same nominal weight as an H3 buffer.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The Army uses 20" bbls w/ collapsible stocks now.
H6 buffer which IIRC is six individual weights totalling the same nominal weight as an H3 buffer.
Or you can use a 9mm buffer and accomplish the same thing and it costs alot less.
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 5:02:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Or you can use a 9mm buffer and accomplish the same thing and it costs alot less.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:  The Army uses 20" bbls w/ collapsible stocks now.
 Accomplish the same thing for LESS money?  This is the Army we're talking about here.  Taxpayer's money is FREE!  
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 9:35:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
 Accomplish the same thing for LESS money?  This is the Army we're talking about here.  Taxpayer's money is FREE!  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:  The Army uses 20" bbls w/ collapsible stocks now.
Unfortunately that's the way they see it!

Seriously, I've run a collapsible stock with a 20 inch upper and used a 9mm buffer. Works great.
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 9:38:44 AM EDT
[#6]
I have kids who shoot all my guns so I have a collapsible stock on all my ARs.  I don't like them.  I would be happy with a simple A1 stock on nearly all my rifles except my SBR (which has the Ultra-Compact on it).

And by the time my kids are out of the house I'll have grand kids.  So, guess I am stuck with collapsible.
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 10:40:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I have kids who shoot all my guns so I have a collapsible stock on all my ARs.  I don't like them.  I would be happy with a simple A1 stock on nearly all my rifles except my SBR (which has the Ultra-Compact on it).

And by the time my kids are out of the house I'll have grand kids.  So, guess I am stuck with collapsible.
View Quote
stupid question: Is it possible to buy A1 stocks today? I've never looked into it.
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 10:58:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 1:30:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 5:06:49 PM EDT
[#10]
I like this idea. I don't have an eighteen incher with collapsable stock. But I do have a 20 inch rifle with collapsable stock. All/many of the benefits I like, in a slightly shorter package. I like  it. :)
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 7:59:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I like this idea. I don't have an eighteen incher with collapsable stock. But I do have a 20 inch rifle with collapsable stock. All/many of the benefits I like, in a slightly shorter package. I like  it. :)
View Quote
What buffer do you use?
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 8:28:25 PM EDT
[#12]
B5 Sopmod with fluted Hbar

little heavy if the bipod is on it
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 12:45:51 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

What buffer do you use?
View Quote
Vltor A5 (system). Extension, spring, weight (5.3oz/A5H2), stock. Whole shebang.

Probably not needed. But wanted to try it.  That and I got it on sale for realitivly "cheap".

Old pic.
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 12:49:53 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
They work well in semi. In auto they can be sensitive to variables.
View Quote
Machine guns are picky, prissy little bitches.
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 6:04:44 AM EDT
[#15]
2 out of 3 of my 18" guns have 6-pos stocks, the other has a fixed Magpul.
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 9:08:34 AM EDT
[#16]
Is anybody running a JP silent capture spring with the collapsible stock and 18" barrel?
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 11:11:10 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Vltor A5 (system). Extension, spring, weight (5.3oz/A5H2), stock. Whole shebang.

Probably not needed. But wanted to try it.  That and I got it on sale for realitivly "cheap".

Old pic.
https://i.imgur.com/CSNUuK8.jpg
View Quote
I really like that rifle you've got there.
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 5:37:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I really like that rifle you've got there.
View Quote
Thanks. It's changed a little since that pic. But it's still kinda based off the Canadian C7A2 rifles. I like it. Pretty much a dressed up Colt AR15A4.
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 11:08:14 PM EDT
[#19]
I have long arms but never could get used to an a2 stock. I know that sounds backwards but a collapsible stock in the 3rd position out is perfect for me. So I run a vltor stock on my 18" AR. Going to try and A1 stock soon since the whole collapsible thing is too complicared for my taste. I like things nice and simple.
Link Posted: 9/3/2017 12:01:58 AM EDT
[#20]
I have 18 inch rifle length. Like it a lot but would prefer to get a barrel that is at or under 2lbs. It is a little front heavy if you are doing a lot of shooting
Link Posted: 9/3/2017 12:53:54 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I have 18 inch rifle length. Like it a lot but would prefer to get a barrel that is at or under 2lbs. It is a little front heavy if you are doing a lot of shooting
View Quote
Here you go.
Link Posted: 9/3/2017 10:24:17 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Here you go.
View Quote
I've checked out the faxon gunners. They look solid
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top