Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/19/2007 6:50:52 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I know Santos can't take pictures of the lit reticle in a good daylight setting, but what about the rest of you? Even a bad picture of a daylight visible reicle would be better than the two images of a very dim reticle that were taken early in this thread. If this optic is so great, give the rest of us the data we need to pull the trigger.

What data do you need for him to give you?  The glass is tops!  You can set the Illumination and swith it off and on and it stays at that level.  So if you need it for daytime, set it at high, hunting set it lower for sun rise and sun down.

I just bought a 2-12x50(1469.00) and that was about 200.00 below MAP.  IMO, the glass is outstanding.  Again to my eyes its better than some of the other popular optics talked about here and to close to call for others.  Therefor dont mention names so a pissing match doesnt start.

I am going to get one for Hunting and CQB.  I was given the Discounted price by a COOL DUDE and when, I'm able to swing it I'm going to do everything I can to get one! I will most definantly try and get my buddy who's Mil to hook me up, if not 50.00 to someone here who'll order me one

The comment about being upset do to the discount given to Mil/Leo whats the difference, Ford,GM and Chrysler give discounts to workers and their family and friends.

A
Link Posted: 12/19/2007 9:10:13 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I know Santos can't take pictures of the lit reticle in a good daylight setting, but what about the rest of you? Even a bad picture of a daylight visible reicle would be better than the two images of a very dim reticle that were taken early in this thread. If this optic is so great, give the rest of us the data we need to pull the trigger.

What data do you need for him to give you?  The glass is tops!  You can set the Illumination and swith it off and on and it stays at that level.  So if you need it for daytime, set it at high, hunting set it lower for sun rise and sun down.

I just bought a 2-12x50(1469.00) and that was about 200.00 below MAP.  IMO, the glass is outstanding.  Again to my eyes its better than some of the other popular optics talked about here and to close to call for others.  Therefor dont mention names so a pissing match doesnt start.

I am going to get one for Hunting and CQB.  I was given the Discounted price by a COOL DUDE and when, I'm able to swing it I'm going to do everything I can to get one! I will most definantly try and get my buddy who's Mil to hook me up, if not 50.00 to someone here who'll order me one

The comment about being upset do to the discount given to Mil/Leo whats the difference, Ford,GM and Chrysler give discounts to workers and their family and friends.

A

Bigant, the price you listed makes it look like you got the non illuminated model, is that correct?  If that is so, then you seem to be missing what Dubb-1 and others are looking for.  A picture of how bright the reticle is on a very bright day.  That is what certain people are waiting for before pulling the trigger.

As an example, here is my truly embarrassing picture taken through my Short Dot on a very bright day.  It was set on 9 out of 11 on the brightness so can go much brighter.  And Paulsantos thought he took bad reticle pictures

Link Posted: 12/19/2007 9:18:38 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

A

Bigant, the price you listed makes it look like you got the non illuminated model, is that correct?  If that is so, then you seem to be missing what Dubb-1 and others are looking for.  A picture of how bright the reticle is on a very bright day.  That is what certain people are waiting for before pulling the trigger.

As an example, here is my truly embarrassing picture taken through my Short Dot on a very bright day.  It was set on 9 out of 11 on the brightness so can go much brighter.  And Paulsantos thought he took bad reticle pictures

img136.imageshack.us/img136/940/vltorddliterail007bk7.jpg

I'm going to try again this weekend to take better pics.

If the reticle illumination is the only thing that is holding you or anyone back, why not just order one and see for yourself.  As long as you don't mount it, you can return it if you are not happy.  
Link Posted: 12/19/2007 4:14:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Well, I believe that thte Data has been given...The pics have been taken, Hell he's not a salesman for Swaro. You either take his word.  All of his reviews have been excellent, and very informational.  If I had the cash right now, I'd order one and do my own look over of the optic to confirm what Paulsantos has said.  

Ant  

Link Posted: 12/19/2007 8:16:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/20/2007 11:02:26 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I'm not sure why your FTL's are so bunched up. I merely asked for a good picture. If you can provide one, great. If not...

Yes, but the OP is not here to convince you to buy one. He listed his obversations, and its up to you to take what he has said and either wait for more info on this item or step up to the plate and order one and give your review, with Pics.

A
Link Posted: 12/21/2007 9:28:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Here it is on the highest setting:

Link Posted: 12/21/2007 9:37:35 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

i51.photobucket.com/albums/f376/paulosantos/100_3140.jpg

That is a much better picture.  I wonder how the production models will compare with your prototype
Link Posted: 12/21/2007 9:56:41 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That is a much better picture.  I wonder how the production models will compare with your prototype

For being such a pain in th butt, I hope you get the only illuminated Z6i made that the illumination doesn't work outside.  LOL.

Amazing what a decent camera will do.  I feel like a professional photographer now.
Link Posted: 12/21/2007 11:05:14 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

For being such a pain in th butt, I hope you get the only illuminated Z6i made that the illumination doesn't work outside.  LOL.

Amazing what a decent camera will do.  I feel like a professional photographer now.

I am indeed a pain in the butt.  Seriously I hope you understand that none of my comments have been a personal attact towards you.  Truth is that Swarvoski is not in the tactical market and this is a new scope that shows promise.  Hope you knew the prototype comment was a subtle attempt at humor from the camera date.  To all that wanted you to post a good reticle picture, thank you.

Trust me, if only 1 person in the world would get a defective Z6i it would be me, I can screw up an anvil
Link Posted: 12/21/2007 11:31:08 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I am indeed a pain in the butt.  Seriously I hope you understand that none of my comments have been a personal attact towards you.  Truth is that Swarvoski is not in the tactical market and this is a new scope that shows promise.  Hope you knew the prototype comment was a subtle attempt at humor from the camera date.  To all that wanted you to post a good reticle picture, thank you.

Trust me, if only 1 person in the world would get a defective Z6i it would be me, I can screw up an anvil

I know you were only joking around.  I have a thick skin.  At least now you can see what I was sying all along about the reticle illumination.
Link Posted: 12/21/2007 11:42:57 AM EDT
[#12]
How much for the Umbrella?

Nice, pic! Knowing how good the glass looks thats really has to be a great optic with Illum.  After the new year Bigant is going to get him one of them there Z6i's
Link Posted: 12/21/2007 11:55:55 AM EDT
[#13]
MAN you are so lucky
Link Posted: 12/21/2007 2:05:08 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
How much for the Umbrella?

Nice, pic! Knowing how good the glass looks thats really has to be a great optic with Illum.  After the new year Bigant is going to get him one of them there Z6i's

Link Posted: 12/22/2007 6:17:42 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 12/27/2007 8:22:54 AM EDT
[#16]
Hey Paul,

Do you know if the LE price is available to MIL as well?  If so, could you IM me the price?

Best Regards,

Justin
Link Posted: 1/16/2008 5:22:47 PM EDT
[#17]
I've never used a scope with such a small objective lens.  I see that the twilight factor is only 2.8-12.  Is this scope usable in low light?

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/16/2008 5:35:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/18/2008 12:18:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Hello all,
I'm new on this forum but I can backup Mr. Santos 100%.  I got my Swarovski Z6i 1-6 in late Nov. The  illuminated circle-dot on mine is actually quite bright.  Regarding the photos from Mr. Santos above, my recticle is about that bright at 50%.  I have shot it outside in the snow and did not need use full brightness.  It is as bright as my Meopta 1-4, but does not bloom at full bright, like the Meopta does.  As for clarity, on 1 power the view through the scope is sharper than viewing directly without the scope. At 6x I can see fine markings on a Shoot and See target at 200 yards.  I am happy enough with it to sell my Meopta to a friend.  Works perfect on my AR with the LaRue SPR-E mount.  Can't wait for the 3gun season to begin!
Doug
Link Posted: 1/27/2008 11:32:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Ok two questions, are these on some huge national backorder, and any venders you guys can recommend?  

I hate this disease...
Link Posted: 2/4/2008 8:11:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Does anyone have knowledge on how this scope performs with Night Vision? If so, what would be a good/resonable Gen II name and price?
*Note-This would prob be a good question for Vic.
Thanks
Link Posted: 2/5/2008 10:39:41 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 3:50:37 PM EDT
[#23]
This optic looks great, anybody else have one?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top