Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 2:58:02 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Hey , That Clown Buzgun does some nice work !!----  seriously --  the photo's above are of the first one i did ,  i have just bought a XM compete std. upper from the EE , and i am going to modify another DPMS to XM specs.  -- if you want , i could take step by step photos of the process --  there is some TIG welding involved - if you want the back to turn out good - as the A2 reinforcement has a small "ring area" on each side that i had to weld build up - but IMO it is not a good idea to go to work on these with just hand files -  especially on a Colt !

A step by step guide would be great!  
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:38:11 PM EDT
[#2]
a step by step would be great.  i have access to a mill and im a tig welder.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 3:17:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Couch-Commando- Could you use an SP1 setup for a 601 clone? You'd be 98% there already
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 7:45:28 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Couch-Commando- Could you use an SP1 setup for a 601 clone? You'd be 98% there already

Yeah, I guess doing the lower myself for 601 wouldn't be the smartest idea. I was just wondering about that. What I am seriously considering it an XM177E1 clone, which would have the partial magazine fence. I don't have access to specialized tools, so that's why I am so interested in shamayim's project.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top