User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 10:32:53 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
The PDF of the Crane test says M4A1, which presumably has the "SOCOM" barrel that is heavier under the HGs than the M16A2's govt profile barrel (though I couldn't find anything to confirm or refute that in the file).  I believe a regular M4 barrel is the same diameter as the M16A2 at the rupture point and would likely fail in about the same number or rounds.  

The M4A1 is full auto rather then burst.  The heavy barrel was developed after this testing, and is now commonly used on M4A1 Carbines.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 10:40:04 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

The PDF of the Crane test says M4A1, which presumably has the "SOCOM" barrel that is heavier under the HGs than the M16A2's govt profile barrel (though I couldn't find anything to confirm or refute that in the file)

If you look in the file, there are pictures of the barrels that were tested. The tested M4 barrel was a normal M4 profile and not the "Heavy" M4 profile currently in use.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 12:03:18 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Some people have really cool jobs!

Spooky

+1
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top