User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 3
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 5:58:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well I ordered the Rogue and director gas block from POF. Now the wait....
View Quote

Be careful when removing the gas block screws. They're staked so good. You won't be able to just untorque the screw. I did that and it broke my bit. Not exactly sure if a left handed bit will remove it or not.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 6:49:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Be careful when removing the gas block screws. They're staked so good. You won't be able to just untorque the screw. I did that and it broke my bit. Not exactly sure if a left handed bit will remove it or not.
View Quote

How did you wind up getting your gas block off? I messed up my hex screws pretty good and wound up having to drill them all the way out, got a little hairy at times.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 8:16:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

How did you wind up getting your gas block off? I messed up my hex screws pretty good and wound up having to drill them all the way out, got a little hairy at times.
View Quote

Being that it's a set screw, I'm kind of afraid of drilling it out without hitting the barrel. I haven't tried anything yet as I still need to remove that hex bit that's broken inside of it. I might see if a left handed bit will break up the broken bit and then use speed out screw extractor. Since they staked it, the gas block will be unusable. I've never heard of anyone staking gas blocks. Is this a thing?

How do you get it done? I'm wondering now if I need to get an AR10 Geissele reaction rod. I have an ar15 one.
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 5:38:33 AM EDT
[#4]
@GTscotty

Does the Rogue take a standard AR15 charging handle?
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 8:24:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
@GTscotty

Does the Rogue take a standard AR15 charging handle?
View Quote

Yes
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 10:37:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Got my Rogue today. Pretty damn cool. Cab't get over how light it is even with that 34mm Burris on it.

Just ran a few 20 round mags through it of steel case Monarch and some reloads I had laying around and half ass zeroed since I need to change my brake.

Need to but one of my Thunderbeast CB brakes on it for my Ultra 5.

Anyone shooting theirs suprressed yet?

I'm going to try and stick with the factory gas block and just play with buffer weights if needed. The Ultra 5 doesn't produce a ton of blowback in my experience anyway.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 11:30:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Got my Rogue today. Pretty damn cool. Cab't get over how light it is even with that 34mm Burris on it.

Just ran a few 20 round mags through it of steel case Monarch and some reloads I had laying around and half ass zeroed since I need to change my brake.

I'm going to try and stick with the factory gas block and just play with buffer weights if needed. The Ultra 5 doesn't produce a ton of blowback in my experience anyway.
View Quote

Be careful with with removing the gas block because of the set screws being staked. I would apply some heat and try to break the tapers with a small 1/4" cold chisel or a sharp pointed punch to remove the stakes if possible, otherwise you're going to have a hell of a time trying to remove it.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 12:41:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote
I shot mine suppressed with an Omega and then a Sig SRD762qd. It didn't like either of them with the standard gas block. I didn't mess with buffers, but since it takes a standard carbine buffer, that seems like it would be an option.

I have a strike industries adjustable gas block (with various settings) on its way. I'll try that out and see what port size my 12.5" likes with a can on it.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 5:22:33 PM EDT
[#9]
So update for mine, snuck awway this afternoon after installing the Thunder Beast CB Brake. Started from factory buffer weight and went up incrementally to 3 tungsten weights with and without the can on it.

Ended up with an H3 buffer weight and a SprinCo Orange spring, seemed the flattest shooting best recoil impulse from Wolf 150 Grain up to 175 Grain M118 clone reloads.

Could definitely stand to lose some gas but I usually err on the high side of adjustable block settings anyway.

It seems to be reliable with a bunch of different loads and I think I'll be able to keep a sight picture pretty well on my Bog pod.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 5:52:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
So update for mine, snuck awway this afternoon after installing the Thunder Beast CB Brake. Started from factory buffer weight and went up incrementally to 3 tungsten weights with and without the can on it.

Ended up with an H3 buffer weight and a SprinCo Orange spring, seemed the flattest shooting best recoil impulse from Wolf 150 Grain up to 175 Grain M118 clone reloads.

Could definitely stand to lose some gas but I usually err on the high side of adjustable block settings anyway.

It seems to be reliable with a bunch of different loads and I think I'll be able to keep a sight picture pretty well on my Bog pod.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
I shot mine suppressed with an Omega and then a Sig SRD762qd. It didn't like either of them with the standard gas block. I didn't mess with buffers, but since it takes a standard carbine buffer, that seems like it would be an option.

I have a strike industries adjustable gas block (with various settings) on its way. I'll try that out and see what port size my 12.5" likes with a can on it.

I just got my SLR Sentry 7 Ti that I'm eager to put on

Quoted:

So a near 6 oz buffer with extra power spring? I was thinking with going with a carbine milspec tube with either heavybuffers.com 6.5oz buffer + HB.com 308 carbine spring or the Taccom 308 taccom stage recoil system + Taccom 308 carbine spring.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 6:24:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I just got my SLR Sentry 7 Ti that I'm eager to put on

So a near 6 oz buffer with extra power spring? I was thinking with going with a carbine milspec tube with either heavybuffers.com 6.5oz buffer + HB.com 308 carbine spring or the Taccom 308 taccom stage recoil system + Taccom 308 carbine spring.
View Quote

Yup, I think an H3 buffer is like 5.5 Ounces off the top of my head, could probably stand to be a bit heavier, but if you do I suggest a good stiff extra power spring.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 6:41:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Being that it's a set screw, I'm kind of afraid of drilling it out without hitting the barrel. I haven't tried anything yet as I still need to remove that hex bit that's broken inside of it. I might see if a left handed bit will break up the broken bit and then use speed out screw extractor. Since they staked it, the gas block will be unusable. I've never heard of anyone staking gas blocks. Is this a thing?

How do you get it done? I'm wondering now if I need to get an AR10 Geissele reaction rod. I have an ar15 one.
View Quote

An extractor kit would probably be a better way. I first tried to drill out only the staked top portion of the screw head while leaving some hex socket to try and turn, but that didn't really work. After that I just did some bubba machining with my drill and a 3/16" bit.

Not the best way, but I wanted to shoot the next day. The screws are somewhat pointed, so I was able to go slow and stop when I had drilled out enough threads for the tip of the screw to pop out of the divot in the barrel. The cheap-o stock gas block is going to be a place holder for a lot of folks, I have no idea why they would make it so you have to destroy it to get it off as opposed to just rocksetting the set screws or something like that.

With an H3 and stock spring in my rifle, and the SA block bleeding off as much as it would, the rifle ran fine, but was harder on brass than I wanted, hence the switch to the Dictator. I swapped one of the tungsten weights from the H3 into into my carbine buffer in my Grendel, making an H2 and an H, I think the H2 will be enough once I get the gas dialed down.

The Dictator and my new scope should be in Tues, so I'll probably take a few hours off work on Weds to hit the range, get everything adjusted and start load development.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 6:59:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

An extractor kit would probably be a better way. I first tried to drill out only the staked top portion of the screw head while leaving some hex socket to try and turn, but that didn't really work. After that I just did some bubba machining with my drill and a 3/16" bit.

https://i.ibb.co/BHJyN1m/IMG-20200529-184631386-01.jpg

Not the best way, but I wanted to shoot the next day. The screws are somewhat pointed, so I was able to go slow and stop when I had drilled out enough threads for the tip of the screw to pop out of the divot in the barrel. The cheap-o stock gas block is going to be a place holder for a lot of folks, I have no idea why they would make it so you have to destroy it to get it off as opposed to just rocksetting the set screws or something like that.

With an H3 and stock spring in my rifle, and the SA block bleeding off as much as it would, the rifle ran fine, but was harder on brass than I wanted, hence the switch to the Dictator. I swapped one of the tungsten weights from the H3 into into my carbine buffer in my Grendel, making an H2 and an H, I think the H2 will be enough once I get the gas dialed down.

The Dictator and my new scope should be in Tues, so I'll probably take a few hours off work on Weds to hit the range, get everything adjusted and start load development.
View Quote

Wow you really chew that up. I'm surprised your drill atethrough the melonite without special tooling
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 7:04:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Yup, I think an H3 buffer is like 5.5 Ounces off the top of my head, could probably stand to be a bit heavier, but if you do I suggest a good stiff extra power spring.
View Quote

I'm surprised that the Sprinco orange worked well as it was built for carbine mil spec tubes
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 7:45:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I'm surprised that the Sprinco orange worked well as it was built for carbine mil spec tubes
View Quote

Isn't the Rogue tube a "standard length" ar15 buffer tube? I thought it was but I haven't actually measured it.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 7:53:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Isn't the Rogue tube a "standard length" ar15 buffer tube? I thought it was but I haven't actually measured it.
View Quote

That's how they advertised it so it's a bit misleading, but it's slightly longer. I'm pretty sure the tube and buffer spring are A5. I don't own any A5 systems so I can't confirm, but it's not AR10/308 sized, rifle sized, or AR15 sized. I do know that the buffer is just a standard carbine at 3oz (my crap Amazon scale said 2.96).
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 8:05:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

That's how they advertised it so it's a bit misleading, but it's slightly longer. I'm pretty sure the tube and buffer spring are A5. I don't own any A5 systems so I can't confirm, but it's not AR10/308 sized, rifle sized, or AR15 sized. I do know that the buffer is just a standard carbine at 3oz (my crap Amazon scale said 2.96).
View Quote
Isn't it just pof's standard tube they use, which is half an inch longer or something?
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 8:34:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Yeah buffer is definitely the same as stamdard carbine .The factory spring is pretty long but I don't have a a rifle spring to compare it too but they sort of vary in length sometimes too.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 11:35:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Yeah buffer is definitely the same as stamdard carbine .The factory spring is pretty long but I don't have a a rifle spring to compare it too but they sort of vary in length sometimes too.
View Quote

Either an A5, 308 standard, or proprietary spring.  I don't have an LR308 or an SR25 to compare.

I'm looking into different systems such as this https://www.cozadmanufacturingllc.com/product-page/m-18k-recoil-buffer
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 1:00:24 AM EDT
[#20]
I asked POF what buffer tube they used when the Revolution first came out. They told me it is a proprietary, intermediate length. It is longer than an ar-15 carbine tube and shorter than an Armalite/A5 length extension.

The gas key on the Revolution/Rogue is abbreviated, which allows the bolt to extend further into the ret, which is how they get the longer stroke necessary for the longer .308 cartridge.

To use a mil-spec carbine tube would have required a proprietary shorter buffer. They decided to use a standard carbine buffer and a proprietary length ret.

Clear as mud, right?
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 7:06:28 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Clear as mud, right?
View Quote

Exactly
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 7:44:23 AM EDT
[#22]
Please let us know how the Dictator gas block functions and compares. Thank you!
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 12:15:30 PM EDT
[#23]
I got the gas block off last night. What a nightmare. They REALLY don't anticipate anyone wanting to change the gas block. I also had to drill the screws out with a 3/16 bit. The staking deformed the slot to the point I couldn't insert a hex head at all. Those screws weren't coming out anyway, though.

It's a bit frustrating that they did that. I've never seen it done before. What a waste of a perfectly good gas block.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 1:12:31 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I got the gas block off last night. What a nightmare. They REALLY don't anticipate anyone wanting to change the gas block. I also had to drill the screws out with a 3/16 bit. The staking deformed the slot to the point I couldn't insert a hex head at all. Those screws weren't coming out anyway, though.

It's a bit frustrating that they did that. I've never seen it done before. What a waste of a perfectly good gas block.
View Quote

I hate me some stuck hex heads. I haven't looked real hard at mine yet.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 1:42:22 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

my set screws were staked better than any castle nut or gas key has ever been staked that I've ever seen in my life. lol. Unfortunately I didn't get a photo before, and the after is just an ugly mess. But man... they do NOT want those screws coming out.

I hammered a torx bit in that was the right size, and used a blow torch until oil was smoking off the gas block and then used an impact driver and it snapped the bit instantly.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 4:11:10 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

my set screws were staked better than any castle nut or gas key has ever been staked that I've ever seen in my life. lol. Unfortunately I didn't get a photo before, and the after is just an ugly mess. But man... they do NOT want those screws coming out.

I hammered a torx bit in that was the right size, and used a blow torch until oil was smoking off the gas block and then used an impact driver and it snapped the bit instantly.
View Quote

Glad you got the block off, I can't imagine why they make it such a pain in the ass. I should have taken a picture of that gorilla staking job before I started drilling, but after I rounded off the first hex key I hammered in, I had a nip of fortifying Bourbon and got after it.

Someone mentioned that the stock block was nitrided. I really doubt it, that's not mentioned on the product page, and the HSS bit I used cut pretty well with Hornady one shot as an impromptu machining fluid.

I got my Dictator block mounted, it seems very solid and fits well with the rail, you can see it just peaking out the front.

It looks like the H2 buffer, Dictator block and GA EZ brake added about a quarter pound, still pretty light.

With my can, Aero ultralight mount and an empty mag, it's a little under 7 3/4lb, add ~17oz for my scope and I'm still sitting pretty at less than 9lb missing only bullets and a sling.

Hopefully it shoots!
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 4:37:47 PM EDT
[#27]
I just took my handguard off.

Fuck me running

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 7:10:12 PM EDT
[#28]
View Quote

Yeah, they thoughtfully go to the trouble to drill a second divot that matches the set screws on the Dictator perfectly, then they do that....
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 7:46:25 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Yeah, they thoughtfully go to the trouble to drill a second divot that matches the set screws on the Dictator perfectly, then they do that....
View Quote

Well good news is I got it off pretty painlessly and could reuse it if I wanted with a little touch up.

I just hit the stake spots with a grinding wheel, then tapped a bit into it and they came right out.

Decided to to try a Strike Industries collar adjustable block I had laying around.

Link Posted: 6/2/2020 8:29:52 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Well good news is I got it off pretty painlessly and could reuse it if I wanted with a little touch up.

I just hit the stake spots with a grinding wheel, then tapped a bit into it and they came right out.

Decided to to try a Strike Industries collar adjustable block I had laying around.

View Quote
I tried grinding too.

I also replaced it with a SI collar block.

I mostly just want to see which of the port sizes it works with suppressed, and I'll then drill out a MicroMOA Govnah plate to that size and install that gas block for a "suppressed/unsuppressed" setup.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 8:55:40 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I tried grinding too.

I mostly just want to see which of the port sizes it works with suppressed, and I'll then drill out a MicroMOA Govnah plate to that size and install that gas block for a "suppressed/unsuppressed" setup.
View Quote

I just wish we could buy their barrels online
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 10:29:46 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I tried grinding too.

View Quote

Ooo. I forgot those existed
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 12:12:18 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Ooo. I forgot those existed
View Quote
The MicroMOA blocks? They don't anymore. I just have an old one and before they went away, I happened to snag a few extra plates/springs/parts. The plate I have has 2 settings, one of which isn't drilled out at all yet, so I can make it whatever size I want. I've been saving it and I think this is the gun that will finally end up with it.
Link Posted: 6/4/2020 4:34:42 PM EDT
[#34]
So just a little update. I went to set my Strike iCollar Adjustable gas block. Works pretty well, lines up perfect with a gap in the handguard, easy to reach and see setting.

Setting it at 2 clicks down from fully open has settled it down a little. Spent casings going out at 3 o'clock nicely. I just put the standard carbine weights back in it to keep the reciprocating mass down a little. Might play with it more with other buffer weights later. One more click closed and with the TBAC Ultra 5 is about perfect too.

I don't know about the rest of ya'lls experience, but out of the box mine was winging casings of the deflector area and sending them to the 1-2 o'clock unsupressed.
Link Posted: 6/4/2020 4:39:07 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
So just a little update. I went to set my Strike iCollar Adjustable gas block. Works pretty well, lines up perfect with a gap in the handguard, easy to reach and see setting.

Setting it at 2 clicks down from fully open has settled it down a little. Spent casings going out at 3 o'clock nicely. I just put the standard carbine weights back in it to keep the reciprocating mass down a little. Might play with it more with other buffer weights later. One more click closed and with the TBAC Ultra 5 is about perfect too.

I don't know about the rest of ya'lls experience, but out of the box mine was winging casings of the deflector area and sending them to the 1-2 o'clock unsupressed.
View Quote
I measured with my gauge bits when I disassembled mine. The gas port on the 12.5" Rogue is the exact same size as the 2nd highest setting on the SI block. So for me, both of the top two settings should theoretically perform identically, since they are both full open for the barrel's gas port.
Link Posted: 6/4/2020 5:17:09 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I measured with my gauge bits when I disassembled mine. The gas port on the 12.5" Rogue is the exact same size as the 2nd highest setting on the SI block. So for me, both of the top two settings should theoretically perform identically, since they are both full open for the barrel's gas port.
View Quote

Interesting, I wish I would have measured my 16 inch when I had it apart

I'm pretty sure I'm not crazy lol. It was even actually hotter today at the range.
Link Posted: 6/4/2020 5:34:44 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Interesting, I wish I would have measured my 16 inch when I had it apart

I'm pretty sure I'm not crazy lol. It was even actually hotter today at the range.
View Quote
if you didn't get the collar perfectly aligned and centered and then secured with the tiny screw before installing the rest of the block, maybe it shifted just enough that it's not quite centered and therefore partially obstructing the port?

but yeah, I have no idea what a 16" port would be. You'd think it would be smaller, though, right? same location, but more dwell time?
Link Posted: 6/7/2020 3:54:09 PM EDT
[#38]
i have POF Rogue pistol coming in tomorrow. i have Dictator ordered and will shoot with Trash Panda or Hybrid can . will it shoot without adjustable block - or will i need to wait?
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 9:03:47 PM EDT
[#39]
Rogue 12.5" pistol with cherry bomb - shot fine suppressed with Hybrid can with plan B. Crimped neck  up on 2 of 5 cases though. shot federal fusion  msr 150 gr . i have dictator gas block coming tomorrow.
Link Posted: 6/21/2020 5:52:16 PM EDT
[#40]
Update: with the Strike Industries adjustable gas block, the 12.5" Rogue now shoots reliably unsuppressed on the full open setting and suppressed on the middle setting. It would cycle on a lower setting but wouldn't lock back.

Anyway, I'm happy. Now this thing just eats anything I feed it. Wolf, brass, surplus, etc.

I like it more than my SCAR 17 13" sbr. In fact, if I hadn't sold the original 16" barrel for the scar, I'd probably try to sell it.
Link Posted: 6/21/2020 7:24:34 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Update: with the Strike Industries adjustable gas block, the 12.5" Rogue now shoots reliably unsuppressed on the full open setting and suppressed on the middle setting. It would cycle on a lower setting but wouldn't lock back.

Anyway, I'm happy. Now this thing just eats anything I feed it. Wolf, brass, surplus, etc.

I like it more than my SCAR 17 13" sbr. In fact, if I hadn't sold the original 16" barrel for the scar, I'd probably try to sell it.
View Quote
Nice.
Link Posted: 6/21/2020 9:52:51 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

Glad to hear it's been reliable for you.

I bought an SLR adjustable Ti Sentry 7 clamp on gas block for this, but I'm wondering if I should try one of my SA piston kits.
Link Posted: 6/24/2020 8:54:00 AM EDT
[#43]
the gas block was a SOB getting off Rogue Pistol- had to drill screws out completely . put the adjustable dictator on.
RIP Frank
Link Posted: 6/25/2020 12:10:18 PM EDT
[#44]
I'm a fairly recent convert to POF and AR rifles in general and have had a Revolution DI for about a month now.  It's my first .308 and I have a mid range Del-Ton AR15 with a heavy barrel to which I'm slowly adding components to lighten it a pound or two.  Figured maybe, just maybe, I'd be able to do the same to the Revolution DI but to a lesser extent.  I looked really hard at the Rogue but knowing I'd eventually go suppressed, I opted for the Revolution.  Rogue's were hard to come by at the time too and I got a really solid non-pandemic deal in pandemic times.  

I've put about 300 rounds through the rifle using fairly inexpensive PMC bronze 147gr knowing the brass is solid and I'll be developing my own conservative load.  It's run flawlessly out of the box with zero failures.  The one "feature" I like on the Revolution is the bolt lock in the trigger well. Sometimes, it's the little things.

Like most things these days, I had to wait for a scope.  Hell, I struggled to even find a decent one still in stock.  I'd settled on one of the Primary Arms LPVO FFP models but the wait was an unknown.  Found a Burris XTR-II 1-8x and it's a great optic albeit heavy.  Chose a LaRue mount which also wasn't the lightest choice.  The combo is very easy to shoot and I'm a relative novice.  I'm currently working on developing my own load for the .223 and that takes up all my initial time at the range.  I have to say I can't wait to get the POF out and work with it.  

Link Posted: 6/25/2020 12:12:35 PM EDT
[#45]
I'm limited to 2000 words per post because apparently, new recruits can't type or use complete sentences.  Seriously.

I started weighing individual components on the POF yesterday and a lot of things surprised me and the amount of engineering that went into it is simply amazing.  Need to upload the photos but here are a few for the time being.  It's a very high quality, super accurate out to 200 yards (longest I've had it), lighter and better handling than my .223 with a whole lot more fire power.  

" />
" />

I partially stripped the gun down to weigh and photograph the individual components and I'll try to get those up later today as some may find it interesting.  The rifle is so good it made me realize everything that was wrong with my .223.
Link Posted: 6/26/2020 10:23:14 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

5.56 and .308 is a complete different animal. Completely different way of making it work...

.308/6.5CM needs more mass and longer length in its action to work properly in semi-auto...without adding stress or felt snappy recoil.

Historically, the most semi auto .308s that have issues with FTF/FTE etc are shorter action, shorter buffer and light weight...

I get that we want to be uber lightweight ninja commandos all the time...but sometimes weight is your friend...when it comes to making reliable semi auto .308 platforms...you need some weight and extra length to make it reliable...

I've shot quite a few .308s this passed two years from bullpups (MDR and T7), POF Revs and POF full size....the POF full size by far was the smoothest and easiest .308 platform to use...T7 was next, POF Revolution was 3rd and the MDR was last...the T7 was still snappy but not as much as the POF Revolution nor the MDR.
View Quote

Recently, I tuned a customer's M&P-10 and was astonished at the harsh recoil compared to my much-lighter custom DPMS G2 Recce Rifle and 7mm SAW M5E1 with UCIW spring and LW BCG.
308 does not need heavy springs or BCGs.
Link Posted: 6/27/2020 5:32:26 PM EDT
[#47]
Please someone put glass on their 12 inch and give me an on paper accuracy report.  I'm seriously considering selling my REPR after fingering one of these.
Also, any issues running 147gr out of the 1 in 8 twist?
Link Posted: 6/28/2020 10:54:13 PM EDT
[#48]
been shooting with federal fusion msr 150 grain . it shot ok with adjustable gas block , but i did put Dictator adjustable gas block also - didn't get a grouping though cause was  just a quick shoot . i am going to use 168 grain next  on my pistol
Link Posted: 7/7/2020 10:26:03 AM EDT
[#49]
Just picked up a Cozad MK18 Carbine buffer for this system. It's a mechanical piston mechanism, but not hydraulic. My stock Rogue buffer is showing 2.9 oz and this one is showing 2.8 oz on my cheap Amazon Essentials scale. Feels very well built and it doesn't add any length to the buffer fully compressed. It doesn't necessarily feel like a hydraulic buffer, it's definitely a spring based piston. It still has the tungsten weights for deadblow effect.

Link Posted: 7/9/2020 8:41:25 PM EDT
[#50]
My POF Rogue finally shipped!
Page / 3
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top