AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 5:37:15 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Everyone keeps telling me to go chrome lined..... I know this adds life to the barrel but what about accuracy issues.....Or is it too little to tell????????hr

to little to tell, get the chrome lined

Thank you.........I guess an extra 50 wont hurt.....
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 5:39:05 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I would suggest - if you have a 9mm glock - to lock at Oly's new AR that takes the stick Glock 9mm mags - a pussy cat to shoot and cheaper ammo than .223.    But of course it isn't a "real" carbine because its not a rifle round (but the 9mm slug commencing from the barrel will be darn near or better than a .357 slug) - but I have thought of purchasing one for my wife as an intro gun to the bigger / louder variety.

I have looked at the conversion kits for a change up later....MY GOD THEY ARE NOT CHEAP....
Just a complete upper and mag block is unreal.....(in my opinion)
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 5:40:19 PM EDT
[#3]
ar_girl  build your own. Use a mid length gas system and a Wilde chamber. You will have a rifle you built and have alot of pride in ownership. Plenty of info and tools for loan on this site. Ar's are not hard to build.

Stag lower
Dpms lower parts
Denny's barrel and top end
stock of your choice
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 10:16:21 PM EDT
[#4]
I would say start out simple and go with a 16'' bushmaster. Learn how to shoot and opperate it , then have fun, be safe, and buy more, repeat.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 10:24:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Hiya

Normally I'd say colt before any of the lesser brands... But since they're getting a little hard to get right now and I'm really digging the gas piston things try POF? get the rail and everything with it so you shoudl be good

So when was the first time you heard of the great Chuck Norris?
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 10:32:40 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
My advice is to get a mid-length 16" - flat-top.

I believe RRA, Armalite and CMMG (and probably others) make them.

Or get a lower (tons of manufacturers out there), and then buy an upper from one of the vendors on this site.  

Welcome to the board!  

+1 on the midlength and welcome
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 2:28:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Seeing this thread, I had immediate flashback to the "Bebe b**bs destroy society"  episode where the boys all act like apes fighting....

"Is Bebe AR-girl, home?"

carry-on
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 3:21:53 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Seeing this thread, I had immediate flashback to the "Bebe b**bs destroy society"  episode where the boys all act like apes fighting....

"Is Bebe AR-girl, home?"

images.southparkstudios.com/media/images/610/610_img_04.jpg

carry-on

LOL
Just what I was thinking.
Welcome to the boards, AR_girl.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 3:51:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:19:50 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Get the Bushmaster M4. Its barrel will be noticably lighter than the Rock River everyone is telling you to get. I admit Rock River makes a nice rifle for a good price, but all their barrels are heavy, and for a standard rifle, I think most appreciate the lighter weight of a M4 profiled barrel. My girlfriend has several of her own ARs, but her most used gun is the Bushmaster M4, in no small part due to its managable weight.
www.fdcc.us/images/may05shoot/5-05%20019.jpg

I strongly agree with you as far as barrel weight but if she decides she really wants an RRA, she could always buy it from ADCO and have them turn the barrel down before shipping.

That said, by the time you pay the extra $50 for the chrome lined option and pay Steve $64 to turn it down, the RRA would probably end up costing more then the BM just to get an equivalent weapon.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:27:10 AM EDT
[#11]
a young lady posts a : Which Ar should i get? thread and we've got 3 pages?

it's the ARFCOM way
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:32:35 AM EDT
[#12]
Gotta love a girl w/guns.  I dont think there is anything better.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:39:36 AM EDT
[#13]

AR-Guy, is your girlfriend cocked-and-NOT-locked with her holstered HK??? Am I seeing that correctly?

Quoted:

Other than that, um,... I'm sure we "wouldn't kick her off the range for shooting Wolf."  

Let's see how long it takes someone to say "what weapon?"

Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:44:50 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
My suggestion would be a Rock River Arms Elite CAR A4
www.rockriverarms.com/images/nbrela4.gif

+1

This is the one that I am penny pinching for.  ADCO has them for $865.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:54:35 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Hello AR _girl  . Check RRA out as well as Bushie. Stay away from Olypic and DMPS ( some of there models. Get a chrome lined barrel also. , Good luck WarDawg

Dont listen to WarDawg he knows not of what he speaks.  Olympic Arms rifles are every bit as good as Bushmaster or Colt.  Chromed barrels are fine but often the most accurate barrels are not chrome lined.

Welcome to the site!
Edited because I just saw your coyote comment.

Good luck and enjoy whatever rifle/carbine you choose.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 9:06:15 AM EDT
[#16]

These are my wifes 3 Bushmasters. She loves all of them. Not ever a problem. Bill T.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 12:25:14 PM EDT
[#17]
I have never, and will never understand that stupid grenade launcher cutout. All it does is weaken the barrel and make it whippy. Dumb if not needed, and it isn't in 100% of civilian cases, and 90% of military ones.  Bill T.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 12:36:22 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
a young lady posts a : Which Ar should i get? thread and we've got 3 pages?

it's the ARFCOM way

I'm guessing 20 pages

BTW welcome aboard
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 12:49:48 PM EDT
[#19]
LOL I'm surprised nobody's realized there is a 90% chance this is a guy who didn't want to get flamed for his noobness.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 1:06:11 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
LOL I'm surprised nobody's realized there is a 90% chance this is a guy who didn't want to get flamed for his noobness.

LOL

Link Posted: 1/20/2006 1:18:42 PM EDT
[#21]

Link Posted: 1/20/2006 2:24:21 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Seeing this thread, I had immediate flashback to the "Bebe b**bs destroy society"  episode where the boys all act like apes fighting....home?"
images.southparkstudios.com/media/images/610/610_img_04.jpg

She is now....................hr
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 2:28:30 PM EDT
[#23]
Thank all of you for your advise......As soon as I get her done.....She will be on here.....
I may add some "goodies" first........
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 3:34:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 3:47:37 PM EDT
[#25]
lets just make a new forum for her...............damn

I smell cabbage.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 2:45:00 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
AR-Guy, is your girlfriend cocked-and-NOT-locked with her holstered HK??? Am I seeing that correctly?

Quoted:
www.fdcc.us/images/may05shoot/5-05%20019.jpg

Other than that, um,... I'm sure we "wouldn't kick her off the range for shooting Wolf."  

Let's see how long it takes someone to say "what weapon?"

Thank you for your concern for my "safety", liquiddeputy, but it was most assuredly engaged.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 3:40:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Bushmaster. . . . Bushmaster. . . . gorgeous shooters. . . . .

Is there a joke in there somewhere?  hmmmm
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top