AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 12/12/2017 6:49:05 PM EDT
[#1]
The rotary knob is best.
Link Posted: 12/12/2017 7:00:14 PM EDT
[#2]
So, can I start a "GO FUND ME" and get you guy's to pay for mine?????

I'm just glad to help, and share the "WEALTH"......

There's been too many "GOOD DEALS" out there that I've missed out on, so, I'm glad I GOT IN ON ONE, and I'm able to share it!
Link Posted: 12/12/2017 7:27:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I just wonder why more people haven't mentioned this, after trying it out I just can't think of a good reason to buy a 1-6.  I think a big part of it is because it is a cheaper Holosun optic that many don't trust like they do their more expensive optics.  And I know the Holosuns are a lot more likely to have issues out of the box then some of the higher dollar options but I would still put the reliability of a tested Holosun red dot over a more expensive variable as I have said in the past.  They just don't have as many moving parts to break or shift.

If Primary Arms could set up a U.S. made red dot that could compete quality wise with Aimpoint for a lower price with something like the ACSS reticle I think they would see a lot more people showing interest.  I know it's reaching far but perhaps even military contracts since it just makes sense for combat troops to use a ACSS dot and magnifier all on QD mounts.  That gives the trooper the option to use 1x as he is used to or flip the magnifier over for a 6x optic for shooting out to 600+ yards, and with the reliability of a red dot.  I still think there is a pretty good future for this and I can't wait for it to become more popular so more options show up.
View Quote
I would love a military grade magnifier/dot combo with ACSS on my issued rifle.
Link Posted: 12/13/2017 2:50:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Had to buy one of the blems at that price. I figure I can beat it up and see how I like it, and if it holds up, I'll gift it to my FIL and get a non blem.
Link Posted: 12/13/2017 3:18:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Yes.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The new dot is really that much better?!
Yes.
For under $80 shipped for a blem, I'm going to give it a shot.
Link Posted: 12/13/2017 8:52:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Is this the same red dot as the one advertised as blemished-and half price at primary?
Link Posted: 12/13/2017 9:25:46 AM EDT
[#7]
I Fo'ed, thanks for the link
Link Posted: 12/13/2017 12:29:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I would love a military grade magnifier/dot combo with ACSS on my issued rifle.
View Quote
You mean like EOjunk?

Seriously, I trust my PA and Holosun dots as much if not more than any of my eotech. After all, one of those I had failed me in one of the many ways that seems to be echoed on the net and with lots of people I talk to.
Link Posted: 12/13/2017 1:53:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Is this the same red dot as the one advertised as blemished-and half price at primary?
View Quote
Anyone know?
Link Posted: 12/13/2017 1:56:56 PM EDT
[#10]
I fo’d
Link Posted: 12/13/2017 2:09:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Anyone know?
View Quote
No
Link Posted: 12/13/2017 2:38:43 PM EDT
[#12]
I feel pretty good about the Blem.

I wasn't going to need any fancy quick detach mount anyway, so the "Love it as it comes" part of the equation is fine by me for the savings involved.

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 12/13/2017 2:41:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I feel pretty good about the Blem.

I wasn't going to need any fancy quick detach mount anyway, so the "Love it as it comes" part of the equation is fine by me for the savings involved.

BIGGER_HAMMER
View Quote
You won't be disappointed. It's a great optic.
Link Posted: 12/13/2017 2:45:08 PM EDT
[#14]
I fo'd too...
Link Posted: 12/13/2017 3:17:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Can’t wait to get mine. I have one of the super budget red dots and it’s nice except for the 300 hour battery life.
I have no doubt that the Primary Arms sight is going to be tons better than the super budget one. And the bump up in battery life is just icing on the cake.
Link Posted: 12/13/2017 3:49:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yes it is
Link Posted: 12/13/2017 3:55:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I just found "THIS" on Primary Arm's Website.....

MD-RB-AD Sale

One per household......It's a "BLEM", read the description....But I think I can live with it...

AR15.com costs me money, yet again!!!!
View Quote
Here and I was kicking myself for missing this on the BF sale.
I'm a huge QD mount fan, but for the cost/feature balance I'll deal with it.
Thanks for helping me spend my money.
Link Posted: 12/13/2017 5:39:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Here and I was kicking myself for missing this on the BF sale.
I'm a huge QD mount fan, but for the cost/feature balance I'll deal with it.
Thanks for helping me spend my money.
View Quote
I thought about that, too, but I figured since I can just use my irons if it were to fail, then oh well.
Link Posted: 12/14/2017 4:44:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Got mine today, really didn't expect it to be as nice as it is. The windage and elevation adjustments are as good or better than Aimpoints and the sight seems incredibly well built with crystal clear glass. The only thing I would like to see changed is the knurling on the intensity knob be made more aggressive like the Aimpoints, do that and PA may be on to something here.
Link Posted: 12/14/2017 5:05:19 PM EDT
[#20]
Tag
Link Posted: 12/14/2017 8:31:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Picked one up for my AK74.
Link Posted: 12/14/2017 10:35:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Got mine today, really didn't expect it to be as nice as it is. The windage and elevation adjustments are as good or better than Aimpoints and the sight seems incredibly well built with crystal clear glass. The only thing I would like to see changed is the knurling on the intensity knob be made more aggressive like the Aimpoints, do that and PA may be on to something here.
View Quote
I Agree. I didn’t expect much but was pleasantly surprised. The mount is pretty solid too. I’ll get out and zero it Saturday.
Link Posted: 12/15/2017 3:28:49 AM EDT
[#23]
Has anyone had an issue with image shift?  I have to tilt my sight down, and to the right in order to get the image through the sight to match the image that I see with my other eye.  Basically, the tilt on the front lens is throwing things off for me, and I have to orient the sight so that the front lens is perpendicular to my line of sight.  As such, I can't actually use the sight with both eyes open.  This isn't an issue I have had with other sights, so I'm wondering if it is just me.  Fortunately, the PA customer-service dept. has been easy to deal with, so far.
Link Posted: 12/15/2017 9:11:02 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Has anyone had an issue with image shift?  I have to tilt my sight down, and to the right in order to get the image through the sight to match the image that I see with my other eye.  Basically, the tilt on the front lens is throwing things off for me, and I have to orient the sight so that the front lens is perpendicular to my line of sight.  As such, I can't actually use the sight with both eyes open.  This isn't an issue I have had with other sights, so I'm wondering if it is just me.  Fortunately, the PA customer-service dept. has been easy to deal with, so far.
View Quote
I do not have this issue. PA will take care of you though. The warranty on this sight rivals Vortex.
Link Posted: 12/15/2017 9:12:56 AM EDT
[#25]
I tried to get a shot of the dot but my camera will not focus on it. Probably more user error than anything else. I did manage to get a shot of the glass to show just how little tint there is. Very impressed with the clarity of the glass.
Link Posted: 12/15/2017 10:00:26 AM EDT
[#26]
Got one coming for my Mossberg 500........that tall turret cap and battery cap sticking out far as hell (Like a KAC on a aimpoint without the benefit) isnt all that good looking but its A LOT of optic for $76 shipped.  Still running one of the very first MD-ADS 50k / push button PA dots on my AK 4 or so years later and its as good as new.
Link Posted: 12/15/2017 1:53:38 PM EDT
[#27]
The separation between Aimpoint and budget optics are diminishing.  I'm OCD and like to buy the best I'm able which is why, for now, I only consider T2's.

But again, these PA micros are amazing.
Link Posted: 12/15/2017 5:50:11 PM EDT
[#28]
During black friday, I bought one of the blems.   I also ordered a vortex sparc AR from PSA.

The PA Micro came in first, and I was very impressed.  My BIL needed an optic, so I figured this would be perfect for him.  So he got it.

Then my Vortex came in.  Given the sparc's solid reputation, I figured I made the right choice.  I fired it up and immediately realized I made a mistake.

Luckily that was just rectified now with the blems back, order placed.

The vortex will be on the EE shortly.

This coming from an aimpoint snob.
Link Posted: 12/15/2017 7:35:26 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
During black friday, I bought one of the blems.   I also ordered a vortex sparc AR from PSA.

The PA Micro came in first, and I was very impressed.  My BIL needed an optic, so I figured this would be perfect for him.  So he got it.

Then my Vortex came in.  Given the sparc's solid reputation, I figured I made the right choice.  I fired it up and immediately realized I made a mistake.

View Quote
+1

The dot is shaper to my eye than my old T1 and AP PRO. I’ve already painted mine to match my pistol, gonna sight it in tomorrow at the farm when I get done hunting!
Link Posted: 12/15/2017 7:42:56 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 12/15/2017 8:00:03 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Now factory coated in FDE even. Same price, same warranty, same everything. Flat dark earth!

http://www.primaryarms.com/MD-RB-AD-FDE

http://primaryarmsoptics.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/MD-RB-AD-FDEonAK.jpg

Merry Christmas, Arfcommers!
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/15/2017 8:42:38 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote
I'm in the market right now and am on the fence between the Sparc AR and the Primary micro. I would really like to know what it was about the Sparc that made you instantly decide that it was inferior to the Primary unit? Your explanation will go along way in helping me decide on which unit to buy.
Link Posted: 12/15/2017 8:47:22 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I'm in the market right now and am on the fence between the Sparc AR and the Primary micro. I would really like to know what it was about the Sparc that made you instantly decide that it was inferior to the Primary unit? Your explanation will go along way in helping me decide on which unit to buy.
View Quote
PA / Holosun / Sig Romeo > Sparc
Link Posted: 12/15/2017 9:28:04 PM EDT
[#34]
Does it come with a Lower 1/3 mount?
Link Posted: 12/15/2017 9:37:35 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Does it come with a Lower 1/3 mount?
View Quote
Yes, plus a low mount.
Link Posted: 12/15/2017 9:43:56 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Yes, plus a low mount.
View Quote
Thanks! I guess my son-in-law is getting one for Christmas.
Link Posted: 12/15/2017 11:40:56 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I fo'd too...
View Quote
I bought one, liked it so much I ordered another one. One per household is actually one per order. I might get another one. Always nice to have a spare.
nevermind, SO.
Link Posted: 12/16/2017 5:45:33 AM EDT
[#38]
I got the blem in today I ordered and I am really happy with it.  First thing I want to say is that I did notice one issue with the red dot and if it wasn't for this issue it would be perfect.  The issue is a slight magnification which so far hasn't bothered me much but it is definitely there.  My Holosun comparing right next to it has no magnification so gets the edge from me.

When it comes to how everything feels, it seems very solid and more so then the Holosun.  I really like how everything feels and it is a bit "beefier" then the Holosun.  I could see it easily holding up better to abuse - it just overall seems to be better quality other then the magnification part.

I am still very happy with it and it will be a hard toss up for me on choosing this one for $150 or the regular Holosun model for $170.  I will likely still get a couple more of these, especially if made with ACSS reticle but I wonder if the magnification is here to stay or will be upgraded in future models?

If anyone bought one of the blems and doesn't like it for whatever reason shoot me an e-mail or PM and I will happily pay you more for it then you did.   I wish I knew you could place more then 1 order as I could use a couple more at the moment.  Too bad they are out of stock, I just wonder if that was it or if more will be listed again.  A couple of my friends are also looking at getting one now.
Link Posted: 12/16/2017 5:53:10 AM EDT
[#39]
Another thing I wanted to say, if you didn't care to modify a mount you can make a QD fit the blem model.  It took me all of a few minutes to figure out what needed to be done.  I used one of the el cheapo mounts that came with my Holosun as a sacrificial lamb to try it out first.

All that needs to be done is to file down about 1mm or a little more off the square piece in the middle so that the mount can move a little more to align with the screw holes.  The only issue with this is that the square section of the mount would no longer be tight inside of the red dot - there is a gap since it has to slide backwards to line up the screws.

I figure the screws alone are enough to hold the mount from moving and the square piece in the middle is just extra protection to take the pressure from the screws when it is bumped.  So when I go to do this on a nicer QD mount instead of that cheapo one I will cut out a little piece of sheet metal for a shim and super glue it in place until I screw it together.  I didn't measure it exactly but I'd say the amount of material removed and the shim size would need to be around 1 to 1.5mm so about the thickness of an AK receiver but there is lots of things that would work for this.  I am sure you could use JB Weld or something too if you wanted since it is unlikely to receive any stress and the heat wouldn't be high enough on the optic to matter unless on an AK gas tube.

Link Posted: 12/16/2017 8:15:41 AM EDT
[#40]
I missed out on the BF deal because I was too slow, but ordered one of the Blems yesterday. hour later I get a shipping notification. This will go on my HD SBR since I have back up irons on it anyway. Hoping it does what an Aimpoint does for me.

I own a Sparc and while it's a decent optic, I find it to be a little less than ideal. small window, some tint and some blur around the edges. and it's just generally not as nice as the aim points I've owned. However, it lives in my truck on a 10/22 take down, holds zero just fine, and fires up when I push the button. so the complaints are certainly minor.
Link Posted: 12/16/2017 9:45:46 AM EDT
[#41]
I wish they would blacken their logo like the T1/2 APs
Link Posted: 12/16/2017 10:48:33 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

PA / Holosun / Sig Romeo > Sparc
View Quote

Why?
Link Posted: 12/16/2017 12:08:10 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

[/b]

Why?
View Quote
PA micro red dots are designed to be budget alternatives to Aimpoint T1s this is specifically in reference to the ACSS model, MDADS, and now this new one with the removable base. I say that because they do what they have to do to design sights that have the battery life of a T1 and be almost as durable as a T1. The Sparc is simply not designed to have a great battery life and to most that makes the choice clear.
Link Posted: 12/16/2017 1:56:11 PM EDT
[#44]
I'm a leap before looking type of guy. How bad did I fuck up by removing the Phillips screw? I just got mine and proceeded to yank all screws from the short mount. Then I read the instruction manual. It says "may" cause problems. I assume there is some sort of seal or something.
Link Posted: 12/16/2017 2:09:39 PM EDT
[#45]
Its the hole where they purge with nitrogen so the internals don’t fog.
You may or may not have lost the nitrogen.
Link Posted: 12/16/2017 5:35:25 PM EDT
[#46]
Ordered mine yesterday, got shipping notice this afternoon, damn fast! Now they show "Out of Stock". Thanks guys for the info.
Link Posted: 12/16/2017 5:36:47 PM EDT
[#47]
Sighted it in today and freaking love it! I like it better than the EOTech it replaced.

Old

New

Link Posted: 12/16/2017 5:53:39 PM EDT
[#48]
Dang it, I missed out on the blems.
Link Posted: 12/16/2017 6:55:20 PM EDT
[#49]
Mine came today and it exceeded my expectations by a long shot.
Link Posted: 12/16/2017 7:00:50 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Mine came today and it exceeded my expectations by a long shot.
View Quote
X2.......got mine today and I am extremely impressed with its build quality. Glass is great, the housing seems to be built like a tank, and ill go out there and say that the brightness rotary knob has more positive clicks than my T2.  Basically, at $69.99 (blem) the dam thing was a STEAL
Page / 7
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top