Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 10/16/2002 11:44:45 AM EDT
[#1]
please add me to your notification list!
tphank
Link Posted: 10/16/2002 12:23:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Add me to the list too please!
Link Posted: 10/16/2002 4:27:37 PM EDT
[#3]
put me in for one sms
Link Posted: 10/16/2002 5:50:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Please put me on the list for a M93 also.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/16/2002 7:44:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Hey Rich,
I realize that the M93 Modular Shooting Stock is the priority for manufacture at the moment, but I was hoping you could answer the questions about the M95 Precision Shooting Stock, that I and others have posted. Since the manual has been updated, I guess the stock is still in development? Will there be a delay in it's release following the release of the M93? If so, what time frame are you looking at? Will it be available for the AR15.Com group purchase discount? Finally, I and others who own AR10s would be very interested in seeing the M95 made available for our weapons, as noted in previous posts. It would be the perfect stock for my AR10T. I realize you responded to a similar question in a previous post, referencing the carbine length buffer tube as the problem. Is the M95 based on the carbine tube as well? Finally, have you made any additional headway with the AR10 platform?
Thanks very much for your time and attention in this matter. I look forward to your response. Semper Fi!
Respectfully,
Harry

Link Posted: 10/16/2002 9:02:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Yikes, my eyes are slanted now! Just joking!
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 6:22:20 AM EDT
[#7]
I will take one.Put me on the list.
Link Posted: 10/21/2002 12:27:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Hi Richard,
Thanks for answering my previous questions.
Do you have plans to develop a adjustable cheek weld that you can mount on the rails of the stock?

Also, you mentioned that it will accept a metal strike plate. Will you be supplying this part, or will it be an accessory?

I'm looking forward to its release.
-Steve
Link Posted: 10/26/2002 8:40:38 PM EDT
[#9]
E-mail sent to please be added to the notification list.  Thank You
Link Posted: 10/26/2002 8:55:52 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm definately in.
Put me on the notification list.
Please address my questions if possible two threads up.
Thanks,
-Steve
Link Posted: 10/27/2002 3:43:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/29/2002 8:22:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Rich
Please add me to the group buy for one of the M93 (pre-ban)
Davy
Link Posted: 10/29/2002 8:27:33 PM EDT
[#13]

Who is heading up and keeping track of the group-buy??
Davy
Link Posted: 10/30/2002 2:09:48 AM EDT
[#14]
03/20/02

Quoted:
Current Status - Well we still look good for a July release. We are burning the cavities for the body of the carbine stock this week.

Looking for a July release in the begining but still not nearly finished

05/09/02

Quoted:
Ok here is an update on the MSS.

Things are still looking good for July release. Most of the molds are finished (or close to finished) and we are now working on all the little things to get the mold to run correctly.

Still calling for the July release.  Things running smoothly.

06/30/02

Quoted:
Well there is still hope for a July release but we are a few weeks behind where we wanted to be at this point.

Every time we do a test mold we make some changes and find something else we improve on and seems to lead to other tweaking.

That's what happens when you put a Marine in charge of Project Management and Design :-)

Realistically I would say mid August would be a better bet for a general release, but the only thing I will guarantee is that it will be released this year.

Hey you may have to push back because you are behind a few weeks but your PERSONAL UNSOLICITED GUARANTEE made me decide to wait till the latest possible moment to finish my AR project which has no stock on it.  The longest I might have to wait is December 31, 2002.  I even got my girlfriend to agree it would be my Christmas present

07/21/02

Quoted:
DevL- The MSS M93 carbine stock was originally due out this July, however design and material changes have meant the release date has been pushed back a little.

Well this time you told me it would be late yet again but I knew it would possibly be after August at this point because you only GUARANTEED it by the end of the year.

08/02/2002

Quoted:
Thanks for all the recent emails supporting the MSS project.

While we are making good progress we are finding lots of little things in the design that need some more work.

Currently we have a minimum of two more months work to do and even then we might find something that we want to change before we release it.

However it will be released this year (2002) some time.

Hey November or December it does not matter I will still have it for Christmas right?  We have all been patient in the wait for these stocks and your commitment to finish them in 2002 has made me wait till the end of the year to be able to finish my project rifle.  I may have sold my other AR and not have one to shoot but come Christmas you will put the crown jewel on my rifle with that stock and the wait will be over!

09/26/02

Quoted:
Hi all,

I wish I had some more news or pictures but we are still finishing mods on the buffer tube and until that mold is run again we won't know where we stand for a release date.  

As I said before it will be in 2002 but I won't commmit to a date until I think the design is ready to be released.

We all understand.  Release at the end of December if you need to.  After all thats all you GUARANTEED us and we should not ask for more than what you are willing to stake your reputation on right?

10/14/02

Quoted:

FYI- I should be ready to start the group buy in a couple of weeks. We have really picked up the pace for finishing and we are now seeing light at the end of the tunnel!

THIS IS GREAT!  Ready for a group buy! Count me in!

Now we have all been waiting a LONG LONG time for this stock.  It seems like you have not quite finished work on the single point sling attachment under the stock tube by the reciever.  Are you still sure you can have the stock out in the next 2 months?  How many people are in on the group buy so far?  What kind of warranty will you give with the stock?  If it has a steel buttplate for striking and I test it out and it shatters will you replace it?  Do you have final prices for the group buy based on the numbers requested here?  Will the stock work with the single point sling reciever plates from GG&G if I dont like the setup on your stock?  Did you use carbon fiber or reinfored nylon in the final version?  Will only one standard lower stock plate be available in the group buy or will you have the shorter, M203, masterkey etc versions available as well.  Will the stock include a spring and buffer?  If so what kind?  Do you have a weight on the final version?  I am getting a bit ancy if you cant tell.

Link Posted: 10/30/2002 7:35:39 AM EDT
[#15]
Email sent

Please add me to the group purchase
Link Posted: 10/30/2002 8:32:02 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/30/2002 12:54:55 PM EDT
[#17]
I'm in so put me on the notification list
Link Posted: 10/30/2002 4:10:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Man I'm just now finding this thread. I'd be pulling my hair out if I'd read this 8 months ago.

I'm in so please advise when ready to ship. I only have to wait 1 1/2 months and that feels long.

Group buy, Group buy, Group buy, Group buy, Group buy, Group buy, Group buy!!!
Link Posted: 11/2/2002 10:37:52 AM EDT
[#19]
Will the sling mount retain the QD design, as seen in the prototype?

Count me in for at least 1 (maybe 2) when the group purchase gets rolling.
Link Posted: 11/2/2002 12:09:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 11/2/2002 12:22:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Rick,
we are tuned,you bet !
PP out
Link Posted: 11/2/2002 6:10:03 PM EDT
[#22]

SWWEEEEEEEET!!!    
Link Posted: 11/2/2002 7:54:50 PM EDT
[#23]
Great timing!
Richard, will the stock come with the buffer tube, buffer, spring and any other little pieces to allow someone to switch from an A2 style stock to the M93?
Thanks,
-Steve
Link Posted: 11/2/2002 8:47:31 PM EDT
[#24]
Man! If I could get this stock before the Carbine class I will be taking at the end of the month, of the next FDCC shoot on the 17th, that would be sweet! My eyes are peeled!!!! Just leave info on where to send payment! Sure wish Trijicon would get on with it already and put the Tripower out too!
Link Posted: 11/3/2002 4:48:48 AM EDT
[#25]
Great news, thanks for the updates!
Link Posted: 11/3/2002 6:33:16 AM EDT
[#26]
Staying tuned...
Link Posted: 11/3/2002 10:23:53 AM EDT
[#27]
Did you find out if it's going to be post ban legal or not?
Link Posted: 11/3/2002 11:16:00 AM EDT
[#28]
Armabill,

See page 5 of this thread (its been a long thread!)  I've asked the same question but it's probably wishful thinking.  But check out the pdf posted above, looks like there are going to be all sorts of options that will include the ability to customize the length, among other things.  
Link Posted: 11/3/2002 12:28:49 PM EDT
[#29]
It is interesting to see how this stock has drawn so much attention already even though it is not out yet.

Look forward to seeing the actual product.
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 6:20:49 PM EDT
[#30]
Just got the preorder form.  How many people on that list now and how many have been reserved?
Link Posted: 11/6/2002 12:46:59 AM EDT
[#31]
damn that stock looks very bad Ass!! im wondering if i should get 1 or 2..Its gonna look great on my ARMS SIR M4

So i juss mail u the preorder form?How long would it take?Im so anxious

Edited to add:This stock would be Legal in California correct?Since i will be using a Fab-10 Ca. legal lower and can put a collapsible stock and a Flash suppresor..and this is considered a collapsible..Correct? I just wanna make sure

Thnx-
Link Posted: 11/6/2002 5:25:51 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
It is interesting to see how this stock has drawn so much attention already even though it is not out yet.

Kinda like the Tripower. Hailed a marvel of engineering before it even hits the field.

One question: Why on earth would you want an accessory rail on a buttstock? Not like the average AR these days is lacking places to mount the next technological wonder.
Link Posted: 11/6/2002 11:00:20 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 11/6/2002 11:51:31 AM EDT
[#34]

To set some expectations -

The MSS was built as an experiment and as such it should be tested extensively before it is employed in a real, life and death situation. We tried to push the boundaries on this product and we might find that we have gone “a bridge too far”, but as of today it looks like we pushed just right.

While I have built the stock to the best of my abilities, please bear in mind that I am just an Ex- enlisted Recon Marine with just a basic background in engineering.

Sorry, did not see your disclaimer.

Thanks for the humble, level headed response.

Don't sell yourself short. Real-life Experience and a basic background in engineering can go a long ways!

How about a compact Camelpack for that buttstock accessory rail. That way you can enjoy your favorite beverage while keeping the evil doers at bay. Just kidding!

Keep up the good work.
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 5:07:08 AM EDT
[#35]
Any more news on availability?
Randy
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 5:26:11 PM EDT
[#36]
Any more info from the BATF about putting it on post-ban rifles?
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top