User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 12:52:32 AM EDT
[#1]
It could be worse...at least this isn't another f*cking Tacpoint thread.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 1:46:23 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I guess I'm just not understanding why people get so upset about this.  

Including yourself.  Christ it's tiresome.  Why are you so concerned that someone on an internet board might think you're an idiot for buying a Colt?

For me, at least, it has to do with continuing to spread misinformation.  Alot of new people join this site everyday looking for information and it irks me to no end that people continue to spew the same bunk over and over.  People should at least be able to come here and get accurate information.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 1:52:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Is LMT mil-spec or bushmaster style?
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 5:07:36 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
next.

As for not selling LEO marked guns to non-LEOs, do you have any idea how THAT LAWSUIT will look to a jury when someone kills someone with a Colt LEO marked weapon that Colt KNOWINGLY allowed to be sold to the public. Draw up that courtroom vision for us, Frank. The award would be 500 million dollars.

Interesting argument here. Remember last week when everyone was flaming Bushy for settling the lawsuit instead of defending it? Seems the issue there revolved around Bushy not ensuring the dealers were selling / storing guns properly.

I'll bet some greasy gun-grabbing attorney could have a field day with a manufacture who lets the dealers sell something marked LEO to non-LEO, even if it is the same thing we can get now. I mean, afterall, weren't the ARs after the ban the same as before the ban, with the exception of three itty-bitty cosmetic changes. Isn't that LEO stamping now an itty-bitty cosmetic change?
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 5:11:48 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
It is ALL about company vs. company.

Colt doesn't want to support my rights, Bushie does... and the Snake gets my business.

I'm not saying Colt sucks... they just won't get a dime from me.  I won't buy anything from em unless its used and cheap...

- BG

Again, what happened to last week when everyone was flaming Bushy for settling the lawsuit instead of defending it? Sounded like no-one was gonna buy Bushie's anymore and Colt ruled.

It doesn't matter one way or the other. Pick any brand and you're gonna find several someones who don't like it or have something bad to say about it. As long as it is a common construction set up (Mil-Spec) they are all gonna be about the same. Last time I heard, no ones guns were dead-on 100% absolute mil-spec. Everyone has made minor adjustments here and there. Plus, I believe, mil-spec allows for a +/- factor anyway.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 8:31:57 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I guess I'm just not understanding why people get so upset about this.  

Including yourself.  Christ it's tiresome.  Why are you so concerned that someone on an internet board might think you're an idiot for buying a Colt?

For me, at least, it has to do with continuing to spread misinformation.  Alot of new people join this site everyday looking for information and it irks me to no end that people continue to spew the same bunk over and over.  People should at least be able to come here and get accurate information.

Like the fact that throughout recent history Colt has chosen to mistrust the civilian and non-LEO user and refuse to sell us the same, otherwised legal, firearms.

That is not opinion, that is plain simple fact.  I couldn't possibly care less what their reasoning is, when other manufacturers don't have the same policy.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 3:05:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 3:09:56 PM EDT
[#8]
I don't see what the point of Bushmaster having mil-spec FSBs is, considering they don't even put them on straight anyway.

Digital
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top