User Panel

Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 4/24/2009 8:06:31 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

When the stock is fully closed is the release button partially depressed?

With that particular QD swivel (Knights) yes. But it is not going anywhere with the stock locked in the closed position.  I am not sure about other swivels as that is my only one.

Link Posted: 4/25/2009 6:45:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Ok this puts me in a dilemma.   Do I want this or a Magpul ASAP?

Or Cross Tac who debuted on the board with their ambi sling connector.
http://www.crosstac.com/vmchk/AR-15-Accessories/Ambi-Sling-Connector.html

I own the Cross Tac but I like the swivel idea.
Link Posted: 4/25/2009 7:13:42 AM EDT
[#4]
I bought a Noveske end plate from Rainier. I am a minimalist, so this concept should work well for me.
Link Posted: 4/26/2009 8:03:50 AM EDT
[#5]
i have 2, I really like the idea so simple.  just add a quick detach swivel and it works just like the asap plate, but doesnt jingle like asap, and its sleek
Link Posted: 4/26/2009 8:06:46 AM EDT
[#6]
will work well on a Sig 556
Link Posted: 4/26/2009 11:42:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

When the stock is fully closed is the release button partially depressed?

On my setup, Magpul CTR stock and Vltor QD swivel, the swivel button is depressed about two thirds of the way in by the stock when it's fully closed. It's not enough to disengage the swivel, however.

Link Posted: 4/26/2009 2:22:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/26/2009 2:36:15 PM EDT
[#9]
I have an LMT SOPMOD and it doesn't depress the button at all.
Link Posted: 4/27/2009 11:30:14 AM EDT
[#10]
I have a question:  When installing one of these, do you have to restake this new endplate for the castle nut?  From he pictures it looks like people did not do this.  How do you keep the castle nut from coming loose?
Link Posted: 4/27/2009 1:55:19 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I have a question:  When installing one of these, do you have to restake this new endplate for the castle nut?  From he pictures it looks like people did not do this.  How do you keep the castle nut from coming loose?

Personal preference, but I did, the pictures I took are before I had time to torque the nut down where I wanted it and stake it.  You really should however.

Link Posted: 4/27/2009 2:58:32 PM EDT
[#12]
I have 2 and it works well with my MS2 sling and my BFG signle point sling.  Debating whether I want to install the ASAP end plate I have since this is working so well.
Link Posted: 4/27/2009 3:03:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I staked mine, no problem. Took a couple more whacks with my spring loaded punch since it was steel instead of aluminum but other than that it stakes fine.
Link Posted: 4/27/2009 3:32:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Where do you buy the tool to do the staking.  The only tool I own is a hammer.
Link Posted: 4/27/2009 3:34:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Just get a center punch.  That's what I use.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 11:30:01 AM EDT
[#16]
Just went to order the end plate from MSTN.biz website.  Between the item not being on the website and the cheapest shipping showing up as $15+, I decided against ordering.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 11:31:24 AM EDT
[#17]
Try Rainier arms. On the website and cheaper shipping.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 7:25:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
WE JUST GOT SOME MORE OF THESE IN STOCK.

I'd like to buy one, but what do you guys charge for shipping??  I can't see paying $9 for a 1 oz part that will fit in a first class envelope....

First place not to charge shipping on it gets my business...

Link Posted: 4/29/2009 10:26:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Shipping has always stopped my business at lot of places, until I build up a decent size order.  They rely on UPS too much and drive low price stuff up.  :(
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 12:50:19 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
WE JUST GOT SOME MORE OF THESE IN STOCK.

I'd like to buy one, but what do you guys charge for shipping??  I can't see paying $9 for a 1 oz part that will fit in a first class envelope....

First place not to charge shipping on it gets my business...

thats what i'm looking for as well!

or somewhere that has both noveske end plate and magpul trigger guard to finish off my build
Link Posted: 5/10/2009 12:26:53 PM EDT
[#21]
newbie here sorry if this is a stupid question...

I just got this plate...  and it doesn't fit my bushmaster
My lower receiver has oval indent not round and there is no way i can install this plate without major modification.

what is the problem?

Thanks
Link Posted: 5/10/2009 4:53:07 PM EDT
[#22]
still have these in stock?
Link Posted: 5/10/2009 7:16:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have basically the exact same design from daniel defense, love it best and easiest way to mount a sling IMHO

http://www.danieldefense.com/img/product/832c0aa788cc8507e8304bdab99169ca.jpg

I have both. The DD version is very different. It doesn't allow the stock to close completely. Look at the depth of the DD design vs. the Noveske. The Noveske is flat, low profile, and allows the stock to completely collapse.

I have 3 lowers with the DD unit and all 3 SOPMODS close all the down.
Link Posted: 5/11/2009 8:52:04 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
newbie here sorry if this is a stupid question...

I just got this plate...  and it doesn't fit my bushmaster
My lower receiver has oval indent not round and there is no way i can install this plate without major modification.

what is the problem?

Thanks

Anybody?
Link Posted: 5/11/2009 8:58:55 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Anybody?

A digital picture of the problem lowers back side would help.  In truth your problem is not easily explained as there are more than a few Bushmaster lowers with these on them.  And the fact it works on those makes it extremely unlikely that it would not work on yours.

Link Posted: 5/12/2009 4:55:28 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Anybody?
A digital picture of the problem lowers back side would help.  In truth your problem is not easily explained as there are more than a few Bushmaster lowers with these on them.  And the fact it works on those makes it extremely unlikely that it would not work on yours.

Doesn't work on my Sendra RR as well (and Sendra converted old Bushmasters if I am no mistaken).  To get around that, I took a regular end plate, drilled a big hole through it, installed it first, then installed the Noveske end plate.  You don't notice that my lower has two end plates, unless you are looking for it.

Link Posted: 5/12/2009 5:25:48 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Doesn't work on my Sendra RR ...//......... To get around that,...//......  You don't notice that my lower has two end plates, unless you are looking for it.

Interesting.

Link Posted: 5/12/2009 7:47:04 AM EDT
[#28]
here is a pic.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v326/blkdawg/IMG_1938.jpg

as you can see it's oval and not round.

I'm surprised nobody knows about this, but after looking through pages of picture threads. There are lots of ar-15 with this type of plate.
I was wondering if this is a type of variation for lower receiver.
Link Posted: 5/12/2009 7:59:07 AM EDT
[#29]
The end plate is typically oval.  Nothing special about that.  I don't know about bushmaster.. but I wouldn't have thought they would make a customized one for only their lowers.. wouldn't make sense to me, but who knows.

Is you detent spring getting caught when installing the Noveske plate?  Possibly the hole in the lower isn't deep enough?.
Link Posted: 5/12/2009 8:52:29 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

That is the plate you remove and replace with the new Noveske plate.  the hole underneath the plate in the picture is what you are concerned with.

Link Posted: 5/12/2009 9:14:41 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Doesn't work on my Sendra RR ...//......... To get around that,...//......  You don't notice that my lower has two end plates, unless you are looking for it.

Interesting.

If it wasn't a transferable machine gun, I would have modified the lower.

Link Posted: 5/12/2009 10:14:43 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Quoted:

That is the plate you remove and replace with the new Noveske plate.  the hole underneath the plate in the picture is what you are concerned with.

the hole underneath is exactly the same shape as the end plate indent, which is oval. The noveske minimalist is round and looks slightly bigger than the oval hole and it's too deep.

Link Posted: 5/12/2009 10:15:53 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Anybody?

Doesn't work on my Sendra RR as well (and Sendra converted old Bushmasters if I am no mistaken).  To get around that, I took a regular end plate, drilled a big hole through it, installed it first, then installed the Noveske end plate.  You don't notice that my lower has two end plates, unless you are looking for it.

Could you take a picture? I would like to see how it looks...   THANK!
Link Posted: 5/12/2009 11:10:46 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Anybody?

Could you take a picture? I would like to see how it looks...   THANK!

I will try to get a pic tonight, but no promises (Rockets play tonight).

Link Posted: 5/13/2009 6:29:06 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

the hole underneath is exactly the same shape as the end plate indent, which is oval. The noveske minimalist is round and looks slightly bigger than the oval hole and it's too deep.

The shape of the hole in the lower isn't relevant. I've installed the Noveske endplate on RRA, Noveske, and POF lowers without any problems or modifications. The endplate is what holds the QD swivel, as long as the lower is in spec then it should fit without any problems.

Link Posted: 5/13/2009 9:52:07 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

The shape of the hole in the lower isn't relevant. I've installed the Noveske endplate on RRA, Noveske, and POF lowers without any problems or modifications. The endplate is what holds the QD swivel, as long as the lower is in spec then it should fit without any problems.

It mattered on mine.  The oval that is machined into my Sendra lower is positioned lower so the Noveske will not butt up against the rear of the receiver. However, I would expect all recent lowers to be correct (remember mine is over 20 years old).

Link Posted: 5/16/2009 9:13:24 AM EDT
[#37]
The Noveski Minimalist replaced my endplate with no problem and works well, great idea.

Now I just need to make my Blackhawn single point bungee sling fit onto a QD male connector without the hook thing going into a regular 1.25" sling loop.  (Or ger another single pont sling)  Any suggertions?
Link Posted: 5/16/2009 9:14:51 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

It mattered on mine.  The oval that is machined into my Sendra lower is positioned lower so the Noveske will not butt up against the rear of the receiver. However, I would expect all recent lowers to be correct (remember mine is over 20 years old).

it definitely doesn't fit my bushmaster with serial L03****
and i'm giving up... i try to install it again today and looks like if I drill and install an extra plate i still have to cut the oval bigger or cut the plate shorter for it to fit.

Giving up... I'm getting a Magpul ASAP or Daniel Defense. Looks like i won't have any problem with their plates.

Link Posted: 5/16/2009 8:35:35 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

it definitely doesn't fit my bushmaster with serial L03****
and i'm giving up... i try to install it again today and looks like if I drill and install an extra plate i still have to cut the oval bigger or cut the plate shorter for it to fit.

Giving up... I'm getting a Magpul ASAP or Daniel Defense. Looks like i won't have any problem with their plates.

Post a picture of your lower without an endplate installed please, and with the Noveske end plate installed if you can. What part of the Noveske end plate does't work? Is the hole in the lower out of alignment with the hole in the Noveske end plate? With the Noveske end plate installed, what exactly doesn't work? Can you not insert the swivel mount?

Link Posted: 5/17/2009 12:06:05 PM EDT
[#40]
here are some pictures
sorry for the blurry picture i left my good camera at work, so i had to use my old one.

the round hole is sticking out pass the oval hole
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v326/blkdawg/DSC05544.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v326/blkdawg/DSC05549.jpg

Link Posted: 5/18/2009 5:34:02 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
here are some pictures
sorry for the blurry picture i left my good camera at work, so i had to use my old one.

the round hole is sticking out pass the oval hole
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v326/blkdawg/DSC05544.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v326/blkdawg/DSC05549.jpg

Wow, yeah that's odd. Good to know. Thanks for the pics!
Link Posted: 5/18/2009 6:40:44 AM EDT
[#42]
I just installed these on a POF lower and a LaRue lower Saturday with no real issues. They work well. I will probably use them on all future builds.
Link Posted: 5/18/2009 9:53:25 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 5/18/2009 10:08:13 AM EDT
[#44]
can somebody post a picture of the hole without the plate on?
i would like to see how is it different than mine.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/18/2009 1:26:03 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
i would like to see how is it different than mine.

Thanks!

Not mine, but they might help.

As you can see, the hole is much deeper, and round. This is how my pof, RRA, and Noveske lowers are. I think I have a bushmaster kickin' around somewhere. I'll check it next time I see it.

Link Posted: 5/18/2009 5:57:26 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 5/18/2009 9:18:27 PM EDT
[#47]
Thanks guys...
Mine is probably older version i guess...
Link Posted: 5/20/2009 10:46:45 AM EDT
[#48]
It's a good reason to sell that preban Bushmaster lower to someone who's stuck behind enemy lines, and get a brand spanking new one that would fit the endplate properly + a whole bunch of other goodies instead :)
Link Posted: 5/20/2009 8:43:46 PM EDT
[#49]
so is this a pre-ban?
how do you guys fit some end plates that is oval...  I don't think it will fit at all.
Link Posted: 5/21/2009 9:03:24 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
so is this a pre-ban?
how do you guys fit some end plates that is oval...  I don't think it will fit at all.

Serial numbers below L051000 are supposed to be preban. Call or email Bushmaster to make sure.
Page / 3
Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top