User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 4/5/2021 6:13:56 PM EDT
I just bought a couple uppers.

Got email from ZEV that they have made more MEGA.

In stock too.
Link Posted: 4/5/2021 6:31:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Just placed my order too!  My lower has been sitting without an upper since I sold off my Mega side charger and is been nearly impossible to find another.
Link Posted: 4/5/2021 6:43:50 PM EDT
[#2]
MEGA ain’t MEGA unless it came from the Machine Shop in Tumwater. Prove me wrong.

MEGAUL1 by FredMan, on Flickr
Link Posted: 4/5/2021 7:03:12 PM EDT
[#3]
QVOTACTICAL For 15% off
Link Posted: 4/5/2021 7:07:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Just bought a lower. Honestly, I was starting to think we'd never see more Mega receivers.

Between this guy, my V Seven GIs, and my Noveske Gen1s, my receivers are starting to have a serious pacific northwest flair to them. Need to watch them closely to ensure they don't start brewing hipster IPAs and selling greatful dead merch in the safe.
Link Posted: 4/5/2021 7:21:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Glad they brought it back. Ordered a few things. I like the "frying pan" finish on this current ecosystem of brands.
Link Posted: 4/5/2021 7:26:47 PM EDT
[#6]
awww yissssss

Called in after I placed the order to apply the coupon code and it came out to $675.98
Link Posted: 4/5/2021 7:51:17 PM EDT
[#7]
MEGA?

MAKE

EVERYTHING

GREAT

AGAIN!!!

Link Posted: 4/5/2021 7:57:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks OP glad I chanced aross this thread. been wanting another mega lower with so many billet lowers I have have shitty fit ( including the ARFCOM billet) . nothing beats a mega.
Link Posted: 4/5/2021 8:32:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks OP glad I chanced aross this thread. been wanting another mega lower with so many billet lowers I have have shitty fit ( including the ARFCOM billet) . nothing beats a mega.
View Quote

Just know that the anodizing between the old and new MEGA products are different and will not match.
Link Posted: 4/5/2021 8:56:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Hopefully this isn't just Zev cashing in a rollmark.
Link Posted: 4/5/2021 8:58:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Hoping those who get one will take good pics and post here.
Link Posted: 4/5/2021 9:04:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mega's finishes were excellent, but for me it was the QC they had and how tight they kept everything.
Link Posted: 4/5/2021 9:27:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote
I'll grab pictures before I put everything together and paint it - let me know if there's anything in particular you want to see.

I bought a forged lower so nothing billet or "enhanced"
Link Posted: 4/5/2021 9:56:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Just know that the anodizing between the old and new MEGA products are different and will not match.
View Quote
thanks for the update but its fine for me. already have a matched set, this one is for a regular plain old upper. tired of 4" of wiggle on my black rain ord billet lower. I was all set to buy a made by mega JSE lower, but I prefer the mega roll mark for no other reason than mega is the best.
Link Posted: 4/5/2021 10:16:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/5/2021 10:24:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
QVOTACTICAL For 15% off
View Quote
thanks for the discount
Link Posted: 4/5/2021 11:02:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
@Nutro
View Quote

@icura

Thanks, homie!
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 10:33:14 AM EDT
[#18]
I hope they make their pistol length uppers again

Link Posted: 4/6/2021 1:04:39 PM EDT
[#19]
ZEV is probably trying to figure out how to make the Megalithic upper out of 6061.
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 8:59:27 AM EDT
[#20]
Unfortunately not the one part I really need... the 14" Mega Wedgelock (WLH-550-ML) or even the 12" version (WLH-450-ML)

But I want the real deal Mega made of 7075Al and Ti barrel nut
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 3:05:19 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
ZEV is probably trying to figure out how to make the Megalithic upper out of 6061.
View Quote

Heard folks mention LMT went after Mega for their Megalithic uppers hence they stopped making them?  It would be great if they started producing them again.
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 3:14:44 PM EDT
[#22]
LMT went after Aero and Mega for them, but not VLTOR (not sure why, maybe licensing).

Karl Lewis is just like Dick Swan, change my mind.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 8:27:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
LMT went after Aero and Mega for them, but not VLTOR (not sure why, maybe licensing).

Karl Lewis is just like Dick Swan, change my mind.
View Quote

If memory serves, the vltors are made as 2 parts and the handguard brazed to the receiver so not a true monolithic upper and probably not within the patent.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 8:45:04 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's exactly what it is, ZEV were dumbasses for killing
off MEGA. Now they're trying to play catch-up.

Link Posted: 4/10/2021 8:55:10 PM EDT
[#25]
when I spoke to the lady about my order she said they were completely overwhelmed by the response to the mega offerings
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 9:00:39 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
when I spoke to the lady about my order she said they were completely overwhelmed by the response to the mega offerings
View Quote

It difficult to convey just how good the original Megas were.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 9:02:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yeah, mine was "in stock" when I placed the order but I have a sneaking suspicion that I'll be waiting awhile for it.

Don't really blame them to be honest. If you suddenly throw up Mega Gator lowers in the a market where Anderson's cost $100, people are gonna go nuts.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 9:09:29 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Yeah, mine was "in stock" when I placed the order but I have a sneaking suspicion that I'll be waiting awhile for it.

Don't really blame them to be honest. If you suddenly throw up Mega Gator lowers in the a market where Anderson's cost $100, people are gonna go nuts.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good for them. They are OOS at this point if it wasnt obvious... :-)
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 9:21:11 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Good for them. They are OOS at this point if it wasnt obvious... :-)
View Quote
I do think it's at least somewhat to their credit that they priced the Gator lowers reasonably.

Market clearing price was almost certainly 2x, if not more, what I paid. We're seeing mil spec used LMT, DD, BCM lowers going for hundreds. I'd take Mega over those in a heartbeat and the aforementioned isn't exactly poverty pony.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 9:25:41 PM EDT
[#30]
Yeah they said a large majority of the orders were unfortunately back-ordered. The guy I spoke to said he didn't think any of the billet lowers were going to ship for a while or not at all or at least something along those lines.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 10:03:58 PM EDT
[#31]
My Mega Billet lower is too nice to build.
I sbr'd my Mega gator.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 10:10:22 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 1:00:53 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Yeah they said a large majority of the orders were unfortunately back-ordered. The guy I spoke to said he didn't think any of the billet lowers were going to ship for a while or not at all or at least something along those lines.
View Quote

What is your guys' order statuses?
When I click on the order, it says "Pending Shipment"
I ordered at 4:30pm on April 5th..
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 1:17:36 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

What is your guys' order statuses?
When I click on the order, it says "Pending Shipment"
View Quote
Order #SO139xxx

When I click "your order can be accessed here" on the invoice email it takes me to a broken link. I submitted a ticket on Friday but haven't heard back yet. I fully expect a wait at this point and that's fine, this is very much so a "sit in the spare parts bin" lower for me. I just bought it because Mega ain't easy to come by and the price was right.
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 2:29:45 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Order #SO139xxx

When I click "your order can be accessed here" on the invoice email it takes me to a broken link. I submitted a ticket on Friday but haven't heard back yet. I fully expect a wait at this point and that's fine, this is very much so a "sit in the spare parts bin" lower for me. I just bought it because Mega ain't easy to come by and the price was right.
View Quote

Ah, I made an account with my order and check from there. The link from the email does the same thing for me.
I'll be upset if I never end up getting it... Ordered like $150 worth of FCD parts for it today.
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 2:57:15 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Ah, I made an account with my order and check from there. The link from the email does the same thing for me.
I'll be upset if I never end up getting it... Ordered like $150 worth of FCD parts for it today.
View Quote
Oh I don't doubt we'll get them - Zev is a fairly large company, owns the tooling, and at the end of the day we're talking about a 99% mil spec receiver. A really nice one, but nothing requiring third party parts and nothing requiring individual runs off billet blanks.

Just wouldn't surprise me if it ends up taking a month or two to work through the backlog. On the other side of the spectrum, Roger and team duck have always shipped out my stuff within 24 hours of ordering.

Fingers crossed.
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 10:03:14 AM EDT
[#37]
Zev told me and several others to expect August/Sept shipping times
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 10:07:43 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

So they're pulling a geissele black Friday special?
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 11:35:17 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote
With wait times like that I'm now expecting a tax stamp to accompany it that's a bummer.

4-5 months for something that was "in stock" is a bit frustrating.
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 12:32:46 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

Well this would suck.  Placed my order for a set on the day when they were available and in stock.  Thought it would be a few weeks, time for plan B lol
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 1:48:37 PM EDT
[#41]
Did they charge prior to shipping?
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 2:14:15 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Well this would suck.  Placed my order for a set on the day when they were available and in stock.  Thought it would be a few weeks, time for plan B lol
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm canceling my order. That's G-league stuff
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 2:56:03 PM EDT
[#43]
Ordered April 5th as well. Figured they were swamped with orders but when nothing changed on the 9th I called wondering what the heck was going on. Lady told me people who ordered and attached their FFL were committed products and everyone else well... wasnt. I explained that I did attach my FFL information. She didnt have an explanation.

My order is currently "Pending fulfillment". I think they had an issue with their software. I noticed the items were listed as "in stock" for what seemed to be a few days. In my invoice there is "Committed Value (Calculated): ERROR: Field 'quantitycommitted' Not Found". I imagine if you didnt input your information in a specific way the software just jumped to the next order, allowing a stock of 1000 items to get 2000 orders before it listed as out of stock. We could have the first five people ordering but once the software or whatever skipped us everyone else got items committed and we went to the back burner.

Pretty bummed, I dont mind waiting by I deploy in September and I dont think my FFL will hold for 6 months.
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 3:56:20 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Did they charge prior to shipping?
View Quote

Yes, they charged my CC as soon as I completed my order.  I also provided my FFL info when ordering.  The status on my order is "pending approval" whatever that means.  I sent an email to Zev asking on ETA, let's see what they said.
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 4:52:35 PM EDT
[#45]
order link in my email also doesnt work. Im not in a rush but 4 months wait is BS when it was in stock on site.
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 7:13:36 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
order link in my email also doesnt work. Im not in a rush but 4 months wait is BS when it was in stock on site.
View Quote

I had to get onto my desktop and log into my account to find order status, email link did not work.
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 7:19:36 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Yes, they charged my CC as soon as I completed my order.  I also provided my FFL info when ordering.  The status on my order is "pending approval" whatever that means.  I sent an email to Zev asking on ETA, let's see what they said.
View Quote

I believe "pending approval" means they are waiting for your ffl information. Thats what my order status was until I called and explained I had already attached my ffl information. I think the only people that were shipped their order were the ones that emailed ZEV their order information. I think their software didnt work with FFL information or something went wrong. After I called my order went from "pending approval" to "Pending Fulfillment". However my credit card charge was only a hold and it was lifted recently.

Please keep us updated, Id like to know whats going on.
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 5:07:58 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I believe "pending approval" means they are waiting for your ffl information. Thats what my order status was until I called and explained I had already attached my ffl information. I think the only people that were shipped their order were the ones that emailed ZEV their order information. I think their software didnt work with FFL information or something went wrong. After I called my order went from "pending approval" to "Pending Fulfillment". However my credit card charge was only a hold and it was lifted recently.

Please keep us updated, Id like to know whats going on.
View Quote
Mine is also in "Pending approval" land, though the subheader separately says "Pending shipping".

Mind sharing whatever email address you used to attach FFL info? The only thing I can find on their website - which stinks - is the automatic form fill, and there's no means of attaching anything there.
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 10:27:35 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Mine is also in "Pending approval" land, though the subheader separately says "Pending shipping".

Mind sharing whatever email address you used to attach FFL info? The only thing I can find on their website - which stinks - is the automatic form fill, and there's no means of attaching anything there.
View Quote

Mine also had the dual status of pending approval and pending shipping. Also the error "number committed zero/blank" or something.

I never emailed my ffl, I attached it in my order. thats just what I was told when I called.
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 6:24:41 PM EDT
[#50]
Anyone else receive their order? I can't be the only one.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top