AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 4:46:39 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:
For a long time I attempted to fight the good fight and warn folks about this.  Responses were pretty much 50/50 divided between folks that said thanks, and the other half that think that they have a right to a stolen BUIS, Aimpoint, Body Armor or whatever.  Good luck, but prepare for taking some heat from "The other half"

Jan 06

Proof positive of the here before only rumored "Life outside of ARFKOM"?

Link Posted: 1/23/2006 4:59:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 5:07:43 AM EDT
[#3]
I don't want to get to involved in this or give to much away, but, when I was in the Marine Corps, (which was quite a while ago) I was leaving KMCAS in Hawaii.  Back then when you were leaving to come back to CONUS you were allowed 2 seabags to be sent home.  This was when you were being discharged which I was.
At that time, both seabags had to have 2 copies of an inventory, made by a Seargent E-5 or above, and signed by same.  One copy went in the bag and you kept the other.  You had to show the copy to the 1st Sgt.
The way we got around this (and I will admit now it was wrong) was, I was an E-5 and another E-5 would inventory each others seabags.  We did not even look, we just signed the paperwork.  Back then there was not a lot of expensive gear taken, just maybe some mags, e-tool's, pictures from Vietnam, Republic of, (contraband) and some other small items.
Anyway, this happened all the time.  Almost everyone did it.  I suspect it may be the same way now, but I don't know for sure.  Just my .02 worth.

ReocnJack
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 5:16:01 AM EDT
[#4]
DRMO   Google it.  You will sleep better.

Link Posted: 1/23/2006 6:23:42 AM EDT
[#5]
MSTN has been selling Matech's in the their "BUIS's for sale" ad in the Industry forum for some time (see ad here). MSTN does a LOT of LE and Mil sales and I can't believe they would risk their business by dealing in stolen parts. Either they have a consistant pipeline to lots of "stolen" sights (which I doubt) or they have a legitimate source.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 7:26:28 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I don't want to get to involved in this or give to much away, but, when I was in the Marine Corps, (which was quite a while ago) I was leaving KMCAS in Hawaii.  Back then when you were leaving to come back to CONUS you were allowed 2 seabags to be sent home.  This was when you were being discharged which I was.
At that time, both seabags had to have 2 copies of an inventory, made by a Seargent E-5 or above, and signed by same.  One copy went in the bag and you kept the other.  You had to show the copy to the 1st Sgt.
The way we got around this (and I will admit now it was wrong) was, I was an E-5 and another E-5 would inventory each others seabags.  We did not even look, we just signed the paperwork.  Back then there was not a lot of expensive gear taken, just maybe some mags, e-tool's, pictures from Vietnam, Republic of, (contraband) and some other small items.
Anyway, this happened all the time.  Almost everyone did it.  I suspect it may be the same way now, but I don't know for sure.  Just my .02 worth.

ReocnJack

Every one in the hills of Kentucky fucks thier cousin doesn't make it right .
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 7:41:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Yessir, that is right, (not about everyone in Kentucky, but your premise) but if you re-read my post, I said (it was wrong), and (almost) everyone did it.
I was just trying to opine on how things are getting into civilaian hands, and this could be one of many ways.

ReconJack
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 10:12:42 AM EDT
[#8]
"Every one in the hills of Kentucky fucks thier cousin doesn't make it right . "

I would consider a couple hundred bucks of crap leaving with a GI a modest fringe benefit.  

The big money is lost in the under the table deals where some fag at Haliburton makes 5% commission and in turn directs an oder for a couple thousand pieces of utility equipment to a company selling at twice the price of a competitor.  

Or when a bad decision by higher results in 150 GI's flying back to America on a chartered plane with 300 $1500 seats.  That's $225,000.00 wasted and I saw that.  

Nobody is bitching about that but they are talking about how people who steal or let a soldier keep a $100 BUIS belong in Leavenworth.   Remember Leavenworth is a prison worse than the prisons our worst civilian murderers head to and that you are probably talking about a guy that spent over a year protecting your ass.

Punish the little guy while the whole system reaks of fraud waste and abuse from the top down.  We're talking billions of dollars to hundreds of people vs. a few million dollars to hundreds of thousands of people.  

Reminds me of the proverb "pull the board out of your eye before you pull the spec out of someone else's eye."    People are atacking this problem from the wrong end because the people getting millions of dollars are POWERFUL PEOPLE and they are pretty much have immunity.  

Not so long ago people returned from wars and were allowed to keep handguns, and take back war trophies.  What we are seeing now is just the liberal bias affecting how a military that used to win now operates.

By the way that $225,000 is 1500 back up sights at $150 each.  I mentioned that to a flight attendant and he said "that's nothing, I've seen this plane with only 35 soldiers on board."  That's $397,500.00 wasted US taxpayer dollars.

A friend of mine was a Marine F4 phantom pilot in Vietnam and was diverted from a mission with his flight of three aircraft and had to salvo something like $3,500,000 of ordanance in 1967 dollars to come back and land on a carrier (rules forbid landing with ordanance because ordanance could sink a carrier).  He touched down and picked up a case of something he expected was top-secret and flew it to a General.  Upon touching down and handing the case to the General it turned out that the case was WINE.  That was something like a 15 million dollar case of wine in today's money, and they risked six American lives to fly it out.

That's the end of my painted picture to you guys- the problem is far broader in scope than you think.  
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 10:30:19 AM EDT
[#9]
I hear men in Alaska sleep with one another to keep warm in the winter!!

Link Posted: 1/23/2006 10:50:34 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Gov't entities sell stuff off all the time.  Remember that police departments are included in that and they definitely sell stuff.  There are legitimate channels for this stuff.

I ended up with some radioactive stuff that way.  Didn't intend to.  I fucking asked specifically if it had been decommissioned.  "Yes, of course.  There's no way we could sell you that otherwise."  Stripping it down for parts, came across the cannister.  

In my case, I don't want it, but I doubt they're gonna want it back, either (they probably would if I went high enough, but I don't want to risk it being considered "my fault").  But wasn't there a guy a number of years ago who bought a fighter plane and they wanted it back (it wasn't supposed to be in the surplus line).  IIRC, courts said "Hey, he bought it.  It's his."
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 10:57:46 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Some do . Lots of fags over in Anchortown .

I agree with going from the top down . The $1200 hammer shit is BS  .Sure the guy protect my fat civie ass for a year or more . I am thankfull for every one that serves . It doesn't give him or her a free ride to be a shit bag though .
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 1:08:55 PM EDT
[#12]
And in answer to the question of why not get an inquiry started:

1. I do not have direct evidence of a crime being committed.
2. All statements herein are second hand and not credible ( I do not know any individual in that unit, and cannot vouch for the truthfulness of the statements).

What I have here is someone talking about how his unit gave away property after returning from a deployment.  A lot of units have done it, some have gotten burned for it.  

If they were talking about keeping actual weapons, or sensitive items then it would be something to look into.

Link Posted: 1/23/2006 3:03:35 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
MSTN has been selling Matech's in the their "BUIS's for sale" ad in the Industry forum for some time (see ad here). MSTN does a LOT of LE and Mil sales and I can't believe they would risk their business by dealing in stolen parts. Either they have a consistant pipeline to lots of "stolen" sights (which I doubt) or they have a legitimate source.

Botton line, neither Wes or Paul would period. Nor would they accept them knowing or suspected that they were illegally obtained. That said, unless a verifiable DOD source can be qouted and verified to say only certified  .gov/.mil personel can purchase or posess a MATECH, the subject of this thread is pure BS on the the part of the original poster and several others. Unless you can produce the proof,then STFU. The Internet is fully of BS, this site has become more like the rest everyday.

Edit to correct spelling...
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 7:15:54 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Botton line, neither Wes or Paul would period. Nor would they accept them knowing or suspected that they were illegally obtained. That said, unless a verifiable DOD source can be qouted and verified to say only certified  .gov/.mil personel can purchase or posess a MATECH, the subject of this thread is pure BS on the the part of the original poster and several others. Unless you can produce the proof,then STFU. The Internet is fully of BS, this site has become more like the rest everyday.

Best post so far!!!
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 8:35:37 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

hr

I was really trying to be polite.  I was going to ask the bear if his parents were from the Kentucky Hills, but just did not want to do it, I'm glad you said something.

I agree with the above post!  We should all try and stick to the thread topic and not be calling each other names or making crude comments.  Every other forum does that crap.  I don't post a lot, but I learn a lot on this site, and appreciate it.  Most of the members have class, but like the man said in boot camp, "you always have your 10%"!
Thanks to everyone that has helped me on ARF.
And that is all I have to say about that!

ReconJack
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 9:12:53 PM EDT
[#16]
"I agree with going from the top down . The $1200 hammer shit is BS .Sure the guy protect my fat civie ass for a year or more . I am thankfull for every one that serves . It doesn't give him or her a free ride to be a shit bag though ."

There exists no $1200 hammer.  The hammer might at best cost twice what it should.  Whatever it costs has nothing to do with anyone protecting your fat civy ass.  The person who buys the hammer is probably a civilian or an officer.  The people who are protecting you and who might possibly walk away with their lives, around $30K [if they didn't spend a penny], and $150-$300 worth of govt crap after a year of risking their life, working jobs civilians are getting $180K+ for, are not getting a free ride and they are not shitbags.  

The mere idea that someone would think they are shitbags is exactly what is pissing me off.  Did you realize that if you leave your job after a year with a couple free coffee mugs and pens meant as promotional marketing items for potential customers, and office supplies or do a little copy work on the office printer or send a personal package through the company mail room you are probably walking away with just as much of their money?

I'm done if you guys want to go hang someone who might have been unlawfully given a Matech BUIS go ahead and try.  I hope whoever it is kills you first in self defense and rids the world of your stupidity.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 9:17:54 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

owned!
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 9:20:25 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm done if you guys want to go hang someone who might have been unlawfully given a Matech BUIS go ahead and try. I hope whoever it is kills you first in self defense and rids the world of your stupidity.

ditto
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 10:12:11 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Edit to correct spelling...better upgrade your spell checker

Listen skippy, this information is DIRECT FROM THE MANUFACTURER. Just because a vendor or two sells some units here and there, that makes it legal? Why don't you call Matech at  410-548-1627 and find out if MSTN has any sort of deal with them and if so, see if they're cleared sell to civvies...until then, you should STFU because all your brining to the table is your opinion. Just to save you some time, their answer will be 1) NO and 2) SEE ANSWER 1.

Now like I said before, I don't give a flying fuck if you have 10,000 Matech stuck in your ass. I'm not making judgements and Matech is not actively going after anyone. They understand that "leakage" happens (as does the military) and I really don't care that some civvies get their hands on USGI gear (it probably costs more to find the leakage than to just buy replacement units)...but don't expect to get replacement parts from Matech....I'm just sayin'....
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 10:12:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Tag
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 10:18:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Damn, a man like my father goes and spends 18 months in the sandbox and brings back a trinket of war and some of these asshats go balistic.  To the ones bitching about stolen mil. property, go fuck yourselfs, a very honerable person that spends almost 2 years defending your ass brings back something like BUIS and some asshats have a fit.  GO F*CK YOURSELVES.    i believe some one that goes to war for this country should be allowed to bring back a few spoils of war.  

btw, ill do some work to this post when im more awake.

so what if a soldier brings back something like BUIS from a warzone,  IMO, he or she earned it

Many thanks to the men and women that served our country and risked their lives for our freedom.

Link Posted: 1/23/2006 10:20:51 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
The mere idea that someone would think they are shitbags is exactly what is pissing me off.  Did you realize that if you leave your job after a year with a couple free coffee mugs and pens meant as promotional marketing items for potential customers, and office supplies or do a little copy work on the office printer or send a personal package through the company mail room you are probably walking away with just as much of their money?

That's a little different from taking tools away from people that defend the country but even outside of that, I don't think anyone really cares that much if a few grunts are "given" their BUIS's as a parting gift, I think people have a problem with outright THEFT in QUANTITY of USGI equipement. I mean let's say 500 BUIS's are on their way to the sandbox and someone lifts 50 of those units. Only a 10% lost but now 50 guys don't have a BUIS when they're supposed to. Sure, that may not make a damn difference in the world but where do you draw the line? How about if 400 of those units were stolen. Would that be OK? Probably not. So is 25% acceptable? 30%? 49.999%?

Personally, I wouldn't have a problem buying one that has been through the cycle and back. It had its run and served its purpose...now if it wasn't sold to someone, it would just become scrap metal. The way I see, it might as well continued to be used by someone until it breaks.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 10:34:29 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Listen skippy, this information is DIRECT FROM THE MANUFACTURER. Just because a vendor or two sells some units here and there, that makes it legal? Why don't you call Matech at  410-548-1627 and find out if MSTN has any sort of deal with them and if so, see if they're cleared sell to civvies...until then, you should STFU because all your brining to the table is your opinion. Just to save you some time, their answer will be 1) NO and 2) SEE ANSWER 1.

Now like I said before, I don't give a flying fuck if you have 10,000 Matech stuck in your ass. I'm not making judgements and Matech is not actively going after anyone. They understand that "leakage" happens (as does the military) and I really don't care that some civvies get their hands on USGI gear (it probably costs more to find the leakage than to just buy replacement units)...but don't expect to get replacement parts from Matech....I'm just sayin'....

We once called Winchester about some Ranger frangible ammo and were told that no such product existed. I had the fucking box in my hand!!! Don't believe everything customer service says.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 10:58:42 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The whole point of most of the people here who are saying "Not exactly" is that MSTN wouldn't *have* to have "any sort of deal" with them.  Nor would MSTN have to go back and ask their permission to sell any units.

When you sell your G17 at a gunshow (or in a FTF with your neighbor), do you have to retroactively ask GLOCK for permission?  Once the mfgr sells it to a buyer, it's theirs, and the buyer can turn around and sell it to a 3rd party whenever they please (provided it's legal for the seller to sell it and the 3rd party to own it).

I think some on here have just been trying to say that such an "absolute" thread title is misleading, if not demonstrably false, and that a better thread title might have been: "Matech in civvy hands are likely illegal, as *they* are prohibited from selling to civvies."
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 11:19:50 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
"I agree with going from the top down . The $1200 hammer shit is BS .Sure the guy protect my fat civie ass for a year or more . I am thankfull for every one that serves . It doesn't give him or her a free ride to be a shit bag though ."

There exists no $1200 hammer.  The hammer might at best cost twice what it should.  Whatever it costs has nothing to do with anyone protecting your fat civy ass.  The person who buys the hammer is probably a civilian or an officer.  The people who are protecting you and who might possibly walk away with their lives, around $30K [if they didn't spend a penny], and $150-$300 worth of govt crap after a year of risking their life, working jobs civilians are getting $180K+ for, are not getting a free ride and they are not shitbags.  

I'm done if you guys want to go hang someone who might have been unlawfully given a Matech BUIS go ahead and try.  I hope whoever it is kills you first in self defense and rids the world of your stupidity.

Aww, but arguing over pointless little petty shit is so much fun!

ETA: If I can be frank, this whole argument stinks of civilian. And I'm a civilian.  But I'm pretty sure I ended up with more than $150 worth of stuff when I left ROTC.  Should I go turn myself in?
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 4:28:33 AM EDT
[#26]
People keep comparing Apples to Oranges.

There is keeping shit for yourself, your unit "giving" you free stuff to keep, aquiring stuff to do your job, etc.

Then there is stealing large numbers of items to resell for personal profit.  That is what the problem is.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 10:39:25 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

originally from JosephR

So my CompM is stolen? There was a 45-48 lot of them purchased off of Ebay as sort of a group buy here last September or October. They were in unmarked white boxes with the gooseneck mount, ARD Killflash, QRP, spacer, batteries, screws, and the military version of the M68 manual...

At $194 complete with shipping, they were a steal but I didn't think that much of "a steal"

whoops  

If your story is true, did you not ever wonder why you got such a good deal???  

The Internet makes  us all anonymous, nameless, faceless individuals and gives us the ability to do and say things we would never do in person.  How many would buy a PAC 4 for $500 NIW if we had to drive to the worst part of a big city and meet a total stranger face to face and pay him cash while he pulls it out of the trunk of his car????

Think about that next time you hit your "send " button on your PayPal account to buy a NIW $195 M68.

Our CompM's were from a wholesale warehouse that never sold them and was clearancing them out on ebay. They were selling off 45 of them all at once and the final price for the lot was just over $8000.

True, they did come with what looks to be gov't goodies, but they aren't stolen.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 2:29:36 PM EDT
[#28]
I knew they weren't stolen and wanted to point out that just because they were something that was supposedly supposed to go to the military and someone else got them instead doesn't mean they are stolen.

Right now I am wearing a brand new pair of the latest/last issued style of Belleville Black Army Boots.  

My boss just gave them to me today.  He retired from the reserves in December as a Captain.  His supply sergeant gave him 2 brand new pairs 2 months before he retired.  Needless to say, there are two happy campers at work now!!

They weren't intended for me by a long shot but they're mine now!!
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 3:01:05 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
I knew they weren't stolen and wanted to point out that just because they were something that was supposedly supposed to go to the military and someone else got them instead doesn't mean they are stolen.

Right now I am wearing a brand new pair of the latest/last issued style of Belleville Black Army Boots.  

My boss just gave them to me today.  He retired from the reserves in December as a Captain.  His supply sergeant gave him 2 brand new pairs 2 months before he retired.  Needless to say, there are two happy campers at work now!!

Don't feed the ... <fill in the blank>. This thread should have been locked on the first page. It has accused anyone that has or in the past touched a MATECH sight (among other equiptmnent) as a thief without proof. The site management  & Mods better take note. My blue eyes have long turned brown because of the amount BS now being propagated by this site.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 3:15:18 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
DRMO   Google it.  You will sleep better.

I loved to stroll through DRMO.  There was always good sh!t there.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 4:04:33 PM EDT
[#31]
There's a lot of reading comprehension challenged people on this thread..

Were not talking about some  Snuffy keeping a beat up pair of boots or a few Beat up M16 mags or a old set of BDU's or a beat up worn out MU light that has been on it's third OIF rotation

Were talking about Individuals who are selling New in the wrap Government issue equipment in qty on Ebay and other EE sites . Things like Peq2and PAC 4's and GI Issue M68s (their is a difference in packaging).

And even if a Spokesmen for the company who manufacturers and sells this equipment posted a letter explicitly stating that it does not sell to the Civilian Market (FN comes to mind) people will get on here and call bullshit to justify it.
Anyone think the Marine SSG convicted of selling Interceptor vests on Ebay could justify his actions cause he served a tour in Iraq.  Based on that anology all you have to do is serve a tour and you have a license to break the law and pretty much do what you want and chalk it up to people "Owe" you one. Anyone who thinks that way obviously has no clue what Honor and integrity and selfless service, commitment and professionalism is.......

No where have I read that anyone was accusing anyone of purchasing stolen government property. But anyone Naive enough to think it's not happening is living in  dream land. Justify it all you want but laziness and ignorance within the supply system is no excuse and one of the reason your get a $1200 dollar hammer. Think about that...

Originally from Stottman

There is keeping shit for yourself, your unit "giving" you free stuff to keep, aquiring stuff to do your job, etc.

Then there is stealing large numbers of items to resell for personal profit. That is what the problem is.

One of the few guys in this thread who "got it"
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 4:11:21 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 4:52:06 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
There's a lot of reading comprehension challenged people on this thread.......

There's a lot of reading comprehension challenged people on this thread web site.......

Fixed it for ya. Not necessarily this thread, but the site in general.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:01:26 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't feed the ... <fill in the blank>. This thread should have been locked on the first page. It has accused anyone that has or in the past touched a MATECH sight (among other equiptmnent) as a thief without proof. The site management  & Mods better take note. My blue eyes have long turned brown because of the amount BS now being propagated by this site.

What is really bad people don't know what the regs are and assume because they spent 4 years in they are an authority.  

The simple fact is JosephR are illustrative of people not knowing what the regulations and laws in regard to military gear are.  Officers own their uniforms.  When I was commissioned I was given a total of 300 dollars to buys my almost 4000 dollars of uniforms.  Since that 300 dollars, I have received not 1 cent toward the cost of up keep and replacement of those uniforms, so I can legal dispose of them how I see fit.  However, enlisted personals uniforms technically belong to the government because they are either paid for the up keep or are issued in kind replacements.  When a enlisted service member leaves the service they are normally allowed to keep their uniforms, because in most cases they are still part of the IRR (or retired reserve) and most of the time the uniforms are not in a recoverable condition.  However, there are uniforms that are recovered for various reasons and those are either resold at "quarter sales" or DRMOed to other Gov Agencies or shredded for rags prior to being DRMOed.  

Personally troops keeping a few small items for personal use is not a big issue, what is the issue is when a troops takes multiple high demand items for personal gain.  In the cases the BUIS, it's not really as big a deal, until you remember most units cannot get them because they are in short supply.  

When the manufacturer stating they never sold them and there are quite a few on the market.  That does lead to the possibility that the many are falling through the porous supply system and through a long chain, making their way out to the market.

I personally would feel better if the system would loose less items because that would be less LCpls and PVT2s that write their mothers asking them to buy things for them because the unit ordered it but it is back ordered.  
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:56:35 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
For a long time I attempted to fight the good fight and warn folks about this.  Responses were pretty much 50/50 divided between folks that said thanks, and the other half that think that they have a right to a stolen BUIS, Aimpoint, Body Armor or whatever.  Good luck, but prepare for taking some heat from "The other half"

Actually, I do have a right to this stuff.  My tax money paid for it.  

It's just like the M1911's at the CMP that will sit there forever because they can't be sold and will probably end up destroyed.

It's either we get the stuff or it gets destroyed when nobody wants it.

Just like all of our M14s where chopped in half rather than being sold to us.  Or how about the time when Clinton sent a bunch of M1s and M14s to Haiti?  

Do a bunch of animials have more of a right to that stuff than us?
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 6:07:11 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

I bet you ALWAYS drive the speed limit too. If not, with this logic, you should have a gun wired to your head and speedo to fix the problem at 1MPH over.   Get over yourself.  
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:38:12 PM EDT
[#37]

The simple fact is JosephR are illustrative of people not knowing what the regulations and laws in regard to military gear are. Officers own their uniforms.

I'm having a hard time comprehending that sentence- that's for damn sure

I'm not professing to know the law or even saying what's right or wrong.  I've brought up a few examples of my own experiences so the experts can chime in and agree or disagree with one another- that's all.  

I wasn't saying that the new boots were the same as anything else we've talked about.  I just thought it was funny that he was given, as a Captain in the reserves, two brand new pairs of boots two months before he retired, that's all.  
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:50:25 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I bet you ALWAYS drive the speed limit too. If not, with this logic, you should have a gun wired to your head and speedo to fix the problem at 1MPH over.   Get over yourself.  

The way I read it, you guys are closer to being on the same page than not.  I took Green0's post to be a pragmatic approach to a complicated issue.  Nowhere did I read *him* advocate trying to hang the guy.  In your example, he would probably say to give the unofficial 5mph "cushion".

But then again, I don't purport to speak *for* him....... just sharing how I read it.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 8:20:34 PM EDT
[#39]
Here is a site were you can search for and purchase NSN items. including 1005 (weapon parts)
so it is possible to get part and such.
www.iso-parts.com/
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 3:38:44 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Personally troops keeping a few small items for personal use is not a big issue, what is the issue is when a troops takes multiple high demand items for personal gain.  In the cases the BUIS, it's not really as big a deal, until you remember most units cannot get them because they are in short supply.  

I personally would feel better if the system would loose less items because that would be less LCpls and PVT2s that write their mothers asking them to buy things for them because the unit ordered it but it is back ordered.  

These two quotes from STLRN really sum up my feelings on this subject.

I have been in theater for 10 months now and finally recieved the Matechs I ordered last month. Never did get all the Aimpoints I ordered, they actually got cancelled because of the shortages in the system and were turned over exclusively to RFI, along with ACOG's for issue. Nice to hear some RFI puke was selling my gear over the internet. To date I've only recieved about 1/3 of the M4 and M5 RAS's I ordered, All due to shortages in the system. Some legit because these are high demand items and some no doubt attributable to things like this.

So yes, dirtbags stealing multiples of anything puts those of use who NEED them in a world of hurt due to the shortages they cause.

Knowing some of these items would be in short supply for whatever reason prompted me to purchase my own gear before we deployed and I am glad I did. BTW, the Troy BUIS and LaRue Aimpoint cant mount are truely top notch gear IMO, thanks for making them happen on short notice Grant.

Sadly, all the lower enlisted who actually needed them didn't have the foresight or finances to purchase their own. But why should they, as the system should/could have provided them if not for shit like this

Wpns Man
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 3:54:31 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 3:54:45 AM EDT
[#42]
See my post.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top