BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 2:10:02 AM EDT
[#1]
ARKITTYKAT when are you going to go again, I'm game! I help you with some of that $ if I can tag along.

Also when are we going to hit the shooting range? I am going next week when I get the rest of my parts, and some more ammo & mags.

IM me

Link Posted: 9/6/2005 3:23:38 AM EDT
[#2]
That M1A is FUGLY!!
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:43:14 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Hahaha mr. badass here isnt very happy. Well, I'm sure when you were in the Marines they taught you life is rough, get over it!

I never said I was a badass. This has to do with aimed fire versus whatever the fuck the hunter is doing. The first game game animal I took was with an old british bolt gun (Elk). No rapid fire involved.
Point being that just because you have a 20/30 round mag does'nt mean you should ignore fundamental marksmanship and just let loose a burst in the direction of your target. Ray
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 8:07:32 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I was qualifying expert in the US Marines with the non cluster-fucked version of that abortion you're shooting when you were still shitting in your Huggies. 3 rounds: one vital-area hit, one in the guts and one in the leg. It was'nt charging you at close range. I'm out. Ray

From your words, I can assume you could take an enemy with one head shot running fast t using foliage & trees as covers at at 40-50yards, well that's great the Marines has your skills during your service.

I am very sure there are millions of people that are better marksman than I, never stated in any of my hunts I was the expert marksman.  But calling me name, I am not going to re-comment on that issue w/ a grumpy old man, seems like you had a rough life & very pissed off at the world, hope the Lord can give you some happiness.

USTTopGun:
Don't like the M1A, no big deal, I buy gears & accessories for my guns for its functional purpose, and I am sure it was not to please and get your approval.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 8:27:38 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hahaha mr. badass here isnt very happy. Well, I'm sure when you were in the Marines they taught you life is rough, get over it!

I never said I was a badass. This has to do with aimed fire versus whatever the fuck the hunter is doing. The first game game animal I took was with an old british bolt gun (Elk). No rapid fire involved.
Point being that just because you have a 20/30 round mag does'nt mean you should ignore fundamental marksmanship and just let loose a burst in the direction of your target. Ray

You are making the assumption that we rapid fired at the animal just because we used an assault rifle.  Of course it takes marksmanship to hit the boar...where did you get off assuming that we "let loose" in the direction of our target?  
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 9:23:07 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm hardly what most would consider an "Old Man". Rough life, worse than some, better than others. I'm not "Pissed off at the world". It seems to me that YOU have described this hunt as what I would consider a running cluster fuck. I have not called you any names, nor commented on your ethics as a hunter. I'm making an observation. As far as marksmanship between Old School Marines and The Marines of today, I'm sure that the current Devil Dogs can acquit themselves quite well. The Marines have always believed in individual marksmanship. However, when you have a shitload of screaming meemies in your face, filling your assigned field of fire with lead is the obvious necessity. I am aware of the tactic. It's just not one that I would use hunting. To me it's like fishing with explosives.

Some of the respondents here come across like giddy school girls. Perhaps I'm just less exciteable.
You're probably a very nice person, lets just say that our philosophies seem to differ on a couple of points. Ray
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 10:51:28 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
You're probably a very nice person, lets just say that our philosophies seem to differ on a couple of points. Ray

I agree that my tactics to many hunters or bolt-action hunters that double & triple taps are un-ethical or not needed, I really consider myself as a tactical shooter much more than a true hunter, I practice double/triple taps as for home defense situations  or zombies SHTF situations, and apply that to my hog shoots.  This is one of the reason why these hunts threads always get their +s & -s inputs.

Regards, and thank you for your service for our country.

Link Posted: 9/6/2005 10:56:09 AM EDT
[#8]
How can anyone argue against "rapid fire" when all round hit the target? - (Excpet for the one when the tree jumped in the way)
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 4:01:17 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I'm hardly what most would consider an "Old Man". Rough life, worse than some, better than others. I'm not "Pissed off at the world". It seems to me that YOU have described this hunt as what I would consider a running cluster fuck. I have not called you any names, nor commented on your ethics as a hunter. I'm making an observation. As far as marksmanship between Old School Marines and The Marines of today, I'm sure that the current Devil Dogs can acquit themselves quite well. The Marines have always believed in individual marksmanship. However, when you have a shitload of screaming meemies in your face, filling your assigned field of fire with lead is the obvious necessity. I am aware of the tactic. It's just not one that I would use hunting. To me it's like fishing with explosives.

Some of the respondents here come across like giddy school girls. Perhaps I'm just less exciteable.

So lemme get this straight, anytime you've ever shot at a game animal, you've always hit it every time in a vital area with one shot then did not shoot again?  Or you waited to shoot again because it's not doubletapping.  Well you're a better man than me.  We shoot alot of deer on the run.  And sometimes we miss.  Sorry.  That's the way we do things.  Call us unethical, call us whatever you want but we bring alot of venison home.  As far as AR15kittykat goes.  He's a pro and been putting the hurt on boars for along time now.  Just because you don't like it, don't make it wrong.  People irritate me that think there's only ONE way to do things, and of course, its THEIR way.  And everybody else is stupid or "unethical".  Have it your way, we won't be around to ruin your hunts with you.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 3:19:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Me, I'm no hunter.  

For shooting at anything that can or will come after you, double-triple taps make sense.  For ground hogs, deer, prairie dogs, no need to.  To me, unethical is when you open up on your game with a belt fed MG or anti-tank weapon.

Good shooting there AR15KittyKat.  No wild boar where I am, though there are reports of black bears.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 6:26:38 AM EDT
[#11]
I like many other folks here Enjoy ARKittykats pictures and stories. I am a former Marine, and an avid hunter. I have taken many hogs and deer with rifles, bows, and pistols. Hunting on the ground in close cover I have made some shots at running hogs and deer. I have also had to shoot more than once in order to pay the insurance to make sure my animal was down and stayed down.  I consider myself a good marksman, and so do my peers.
Everytime ARKttykat posts one of his stories with pics here there is always that 1% that has to rag on him and monday morning quarterback his hunts. I don't want to enter into a pissing contest because Arkittykat can seem to defend himself well enough. He does not in my opinion derserve any criticism for what he is doing, and how he is doing it.
Great hunt and great pictures! Keep 'em comin'!
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 8:04:53 AM EDT
[#12]
Thanks for the support gentlemen...

I was mentioning to the wife last week that sometimes it's not worth posting pics, details after action report of hog hunts anymore, there will always be someone jumping down your throat cause he doesn't agree with your method (though most of these people never shot a game in their life, and lack of knowledge) .  It's kind of like a little overweight girl being called "fat girl", and no matter how much support she gets from her friends, the fat comment sticks in her little mind more.

I've been on this forum for about 2years, and many threads on how well our SHTF AR will do against zombies, home intruders, suicide-bombers Hajis, and now looters... Thank God a very large % of us may never have to use our AR in a self defense shoot, and that small % that do cannot post details of the results of their ammo's effectiveness due to legal concerns.

IMHO, these detailed hunt threads are the closet thing to analyzing ammo effectiveness to shooting BGs, or next to ballistic gelatin. Shooting a determined 200-400# boar w/ its adrenelin pumping is a pretty good indicator of your ammo's effectiveness, kind of like a BGs high on drugs.

These hogs will NOT go down on pain, or knowing they've been shot, they go down when their body shut down, period; I think a BGs high on drugs from previous police reports reacted similar.  The only 1 shot take down is a CNS shot.  Everytime I do a hog shoot, I learn something new, every hog situation is different, and every boars react different to being shot, and we can expect the same of BGs being shot.

I will always train to double-triple tap and apply that on any BGs when mine & families lives are at stakes, and I will continue to apply that to all my hog shoots.

For the small % of people who enjoy throwing negatives comments, if you have experiences you like to share, that's great, but STOP comparing a feral boar shoot to shooting a wounded hog on farm, or a slaughter house hog in controlled enviroment w/ a .22 and let the hog twitched in circles for a long time ! or if you never shot a game besides punching paper, stop being the experts in your mind, it shows when you post & lack of knowledge to back it up.

I am glad many others have enjoyed these hunt threads, it's kind of like "Box-O-Truth" applied to hogs
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 9:37:07 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
So you shot through foilage at a partial target while it was running. Wow, that's responsible. You dont hunt much do you LMFAOIt took 5 shots to down it because of your unethical choice.Learn to read it took 3 shots to down a sprinting boar through foilage using a red dot sight. Sounds like pretty good shooting to me Maybe you should have let them run and stalked them again or found another pack? Then waited until you only needed 1 or 2 MUCH more ethicl shots to down a boar.Ill reiterate my first point,You dont hunt much do ya LMFAO

So whats your definition of an "ethical" shot? The pig walking right up to you with a www.pushupstairs.com/images/emoticon/sports/bullseye.gif painted on its chest, on flat ground with grass no higher than 1/2" tall at high noon with a priest to administer last rights?

Many paper shooters don't understand the concept of bush rifle & bush hunting (foliage, trees, tall grass) are part of the shoot. Most of Joe's customer were bolt actions & shooting from blind or stand at hogs while at feeders, that's fine and their choices. I like mine on the run, thru the bush, from ambush points, but not from feeder.    

ETA:
Have to give HickBoy a break ,  he's from CA where only 1rd loaded AR is legal and maybe the only the hunting he's seen is politically correct movies from Hollywierd.

HickBoy = owned

Sorry guys, I haven't been paying attention to this thread...

I'm the kid wearing the camo ball cap. Enjoy.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 7:24:09 AM EDT
[#14]
Well, congrats Hickboy

The boar in the truck looks like 1 rd to the gut, so I am pretty sure that boar didn't go down w/ one shot?  How did you hunt, from feeder, stalking, or hogs were out in the open field?

ETA: I see blood near the ass, ears, and gut, I assume atleast 3 rounds?   Details of how tough these CA hogs would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 1:44:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Actually, the blood you see near the ass, ears, and gut came from field dressing it. When we flopped it up in the truck, blood got everywhere haha. As for how the hunt went: We spotted 3 boars about 350 yards out, so we circled them (keeping the wind to our faces, as pigs have excellent smelling, as you know). We used a dry creek bed so they couldn't see us (even though pigs have poor eyesight, as you know). When we got to about 120 yards, we picked the biggest one, and the rest is seen in the pics! 200+ lbs. One shot to the boiler room.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 1:59:44 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
When we got to about 120 yards, we picked the biggest one, and the rest is seen in the pics! 200+ lbs. One shot to the boiler room.

Was it shot w/ the scope bolt-action,  or 120yards shot w/ the iron sight SKS (?)   cause nice shooting at that distance w/ iron sights.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 2:41:35 PM EDT
[#17]
We ALL know where the bloody pig ass came from...

BEASTIALITY!

*hope you got a laugh out of that, as that was the intent*
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 4:26:09 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
When we got to about 120 yards, we picked the biggest one, and the rest is seen in the pics! 200+ lbs. One shot to the boiler room.

Was it shot w/ the scope bolt-action,  or 120yards shot w/ the iron sight SKS (?)   cause nice shooting at that distance w/ iron sights.

It was shot with the bolt action Ruger. I had my SKS for "backup" as coyotes are extremely plentiful and aggressive at my friends ranch.

And Marksman14.... That's just wrong... but so, so true.... I mean, ummmmm. uhhhhhh, IBTL!!! hahaha
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top