BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 9:27:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Why would you load a pile of mags?  I have ten or so mags I take to the range and load em days/weeks before I go.  Dont see the point of a buttload of loaded mags.  Ammo cans are for ammo
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 11:02:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Why would you load a pile of mags?  
View Quote
Why not? I don’t have any bolt guns in 223. All my 223/5.56 ammo is going to be shot from AR mags so that’s a good place to keep it. No reason not to have it in mags unless you think you’ll not get around to shooting it.

Ammo cans are for loaded mags.
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 3:53:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Why not? I don’t have any bolt guns in 223. All my 223/5.56 ammo is going to be shot from AR mags so that’s a good place to keep it. No reason not to have it in mags unless you think you’ll not get around to shooting it.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why would you load a pile of mags?  

Exactly.  Why not?  Please explain why you would not want to.

Ammo cans work excellent for loaded mags.  That is exactly how I get mine to the range, and I usually take at least 30
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 4:18:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I've read that the covers on the PMags are used for Air dropping mags. They aren't needed for storage and offer no benefit.
View Quote
Yea, they arent air tight or anything. They would probably keep most dirt out, but certainly not all.
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 6:18:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Never happened to me and I've been shooting ARs since 1981. It's operator error.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ever had a 30 round mag loaded with 30 fail to seat on a closed bolt? Yea it happens sometimes.
Never happened to me and I've been shooting ARs since 1981. It's operator error.
It's not "operator error".  Some mag catches or magazines are slightly out of spec.  Or are on the edges of spec and tolerance stacking occurs.  It happens.

Personally, that is one of the big things I check my lowers for.  Howe well the mag catch works with known "problem" spec magazines.  If they will load the more difficult mags without issue, I know they'll be good to go with loading all in spec mags on a closed bolt.
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 9:50:48 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a stockpile of loaded mags, a stockpile of unloaded mags, and a stockpile of loose ammo.

Because why not?
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 9:58:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I don't keep mags loaded because I don't want to keep constant pressure on the springs.
View Quote
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top