Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 7:46:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Like it or not I would rather be tried by 12 than my familly carried by six. It's my house and you have no rights if univited and yes you will be found with a weapon in your hand.
Tj
View Quote

So Tommy is willing to plant evidence on a person if he shoots someone who is not armed (friendly or hostile) and in his house without an invite.  Does anyone else get the feeling that he is saying this?  Well, you heard it right here folks!  
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 8:41:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Planting evidence would be enough to get someone judged by twelve. [;)]
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 9:48:17 PM EDT
[#3]
you know, whenever lasers are brought up on this forum people always bitch and moan about how THOSE are a dead giveaway of your position...

Five bucks says 90% of those people have or will have some type of light on their AR.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 3:54:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Like it or not I would rather be tried by 12 than my familly carried by six. It's my house and you have no rights if univited and yes you will be found with a weapon in your hand.
Tj
View Quote

So Tommy is willing to plant evidence on a person if he shoots someone who is not armed (friendly or hostile) and in his house without an invite.  Does anyone else get the feeling that he is saying this?  Well, you heard it right here folks!  
View Quote

Now here is a product of government indoctrination for sure.  I guess you will set at your TV and eat popcorn while your house is being looted and your wife raped. Afterall, they don't have a gun so there isn't anything you can legally do. I'm sure the government will watch out for you and I'm wrong for wanting to defend my family.

The topic btw is vision and never said I'd plant anything.

Tj
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 6:04:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Now here is a product of government indoctrination for sure.  I guess you will set at your TV and eat popcorn while your house is being looted and your wife raped. Afterall, they don't have a gun so there isn't anything you can legally do. I'm sure the government will watch out for you and I'm wrong for wanting to defend my family.

Tj
View Quote

I never said I wouldn't defend my family or my home.  However, I wish to be absolutely certain of a real and immediate threat before I take lethal action.  That is a moral responsibility just as much as keeping your loved ones safe.  

No where in my post did I ever say I depended on the police or anyone else to defend me or my family.  I am armed and I am fully prepared to use deadly force against any threat.  I will, however, not use that force without discrimination and without being sure that that is the last resort.  I have no problems with killing a man, but it has to be the only course of action available for me to even consider it.  

A weapon mounted light or a light carried with a weapon is the surest way to identify threats and allow you to assess whether or not deadly force is actually necessary.  

It only takes a fraction of a second to assess the situation and determine the amount of force necessary.  A fraction of a ssecond taken to make sure can and often will prevent a tragedy.  Not only a tragedy of mistaking a non hostile target for a threat but also to ensure that my shots are on target, the background is clear, and that no stray rounds hit any innocent bystanders.

Its reckless people who indiscriminately use lethal force that give gun owners a bad image.  It only takes a case of bad luck, misidentification of an intruder or supposed intruder, or a stray bullet to ruin your life, the lives of your family, and the image of American gun owners.

I know the topic was about vison or lack thereof, but it is also about the responsible use of force and the fact that a light enables you to responsibly, efficiently, and accurately use potentially deadly force.  

You didn't state straight out that you would plant evidence, but I am sure I am not the only one who read "...and yes you will be found with a weapon in your hand." to imply just that.  That no matter what you find, the police will find a weapon in the intruder's hand.  Not only did you imply that, but in earlier posts, you also implied you would irresponsilby fire a deadly weapon in the dark at an unidentified target.  This could result in a wrongful death and even stray rounds who could strike a member of your family or someone who might be wandering past your home.

I know nothing said here can convince you to go the other way on your opoinion, but I hope no one ewver stumbles around in the dark at your house.  Whether it is a burglar or a family member who you catch in the dark, you will be placing everyone around you and your house in danger.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 7:11:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Well I did a little experiment tonight. I had BillyTheKid take an airsoft and the surefire to either end of the hall, killed my hall night light, and advised him to use the light and shoot me as soon as he recognized me and kill the light. I on the other hand would count to 2, one thousand one etc. for the element of surprize and shoot. He did not hit the light till I was in the hallway.

He's mad at me for plugging him with the air soft before he got a shot off.
View Quote

Sounds more like BillyTheKid didn't know what the freak he was doing.

Sorry the've been doing similar things every month at NTI with simmunitions.  Even against people who KNOW you are comming and KNOW you might have a Surefire - the guy with the Surefire (if he knows how to use it properly) comes out on top.

Its a tool like any other.  Use it improperly and you won't be happy with the results.  Use it the way the designer intended and it will work wonderfully.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 8:12:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Tj
View Quote

View Quote

Tj
View Quote
Here in Texas, they don't have to have a gun. The fact that they are in my house at night univited is reason enough to get no-billed for shooting them dead.

And I do mean dead, because we don't want any of those silly lawsuits where the intruder sues for injuries, and wins.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top