Lower is a Spike tactical form Orlando Fl
YHM LW 4-rail float tube

Link Posted: 12/25/2005 11:09:48 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
SBR

home.cfl.rr.com/evalle/Picture%20116.jpg
home.cfl.rr.com/evalle/Picture%20117.jpg

Nice, can you tell us a little about your rifle?
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 2:50:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Here's mine...well mostly mine.  When I get back to the states it's going on my SBR'd lower.  

Enjoy.

LW gas piston upper
Re-contoured FSB
Noveske 10.5
Grenadier Precision mid length ARM-R

John
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 9:15:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Works in Progress, Some Finished:

Link Posted: 1/5/2006 6:12:39 AM EDT
[#5]
tag for more SBR's.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 7:51:02 AM EDT
[#6]
PAWS M16    Nothing fancy on it though..

Link Posted: 1/15/2006 1:06:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Chopped barrel.

Link Posted: 1/15/2006 1:38:37 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Chopped barrel.

209.200.17.142/images/SBR%20chopped.JPG

I like your BUIS, what's that?
Thanks
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 1:41:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 4:16:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 9:03:54 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Chopped barrel.

Thanks

LMT BUIS

www.adcofirearms.com/itemdetails.cfm?inventorynumber=2428
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 10:45:48 AM EDT
[#12]
Dace, all i can say is OOPS!!!! Saw the question and answer directly below the ADCO photo. Looks like I am the ass
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 1:08:01 PM EDT
[#13]
TAG
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 2:28:46 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Chopped barrel.

Thanks

LMT BUIS

www.adcofirearms.com/itemdetails.cfm?inventorynumber=2428

nope, looks like the new RRA upper receiver. Just checked and its the UTE.

I dont really know how to say this without coming off as an ass, I am really not trying to be, but he asked me about the BUIS on my rifle.  I would think I know what BUIS is on my rifle.  
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 2:58:46 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Here's mine...well mostly mine.  When I get back to the states it's going on my SBR'd lower.  

Enjoy.

img223.imageshack.us/img223/9152/incubby4ec.jpg

img271.imageshack.us/img271/7542/srtwithkac9vf.jpg

LW gas piston upper
Re-contoured FSB
Noveske 10.5
Grenadier Precision mid length ARM-R

John

Just so you know you have my dream SBR-AR. FMJs
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 1:40:42 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
www.adcofirearms.com/images/uteshorty.jpg

Whose pistol grip is that,BigBore? I like its design.
Clint
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 1:41:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 1:46:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Thanks. Does anyone who sells those on the EE?
Clint
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 9:25:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Hmmm, only a $200 tax stamp and I can own an SBR... I could buy the upper and slap it on my AR Lower...  Then register the upper with the ATF, perhaps the whole rifle... All these little head saying; be nice!!!

*flicks the little his

HE
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 10:44:26 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Hmmm, only a $200 tax stamp and I can own an SBR... I could buy the upper and slap it on my AR Lower...  Then register the upper with the ATF, perhaps the whole rifle... All these little dancing in my head saying DO IT!!! THen the little saying; be nice!!!

*flicks the little off his shoulder* I'm Game!!!!!  

AND THE CROWD GOES WILD!!!

You've got it backwards.

The lower is the "firearm" as it carries the serial number. Thus you must register the lower as an SBR. After the paper work comes back, THEN you can slap your SBR upper on it.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:56:47 PM EDT
[#21]
tag

Link Posted: 1/17/2006 10:45:15 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Here is my first.  I am working on my second now.

MadDog
img.photobucket.com/albums/v217/MadDogDan/SBR2.jpg

I really like the two-tone look. What did you use to coat the green handguard rail parts?
Clint
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 4:28:20 AM EDT
[#23]
Clint50,

I didn't use anything to color the parts.  The rail panels are Magpul XT's that come in OD Green.  The Vert Grip is a TDI SGV that comes in OD Green and the Pistol Grip is an Ergo that comes in OD Green.

MadDog
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:56:51 PM EDT
[#24]
Tagged
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:16:03 PM EDT
[#25]
Same lower

9mm 7" bbl-

11.5" bushy 5.56 1-7"twist-

Link Posted: 3/7/2006 7:22:30 PM EDT
[#26]
All of them, very nice...
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 7:24:29 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Steve, whos the maker of the upper receiver?
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 7:52:46 PM EDT
[#28]
Beautiful rifles guys.  Illinois Sucks!!!
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 7:58:03 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not Steve but Rock River Arms.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 3:46:02 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 3:51:32 AM EDT
[#31]
what? No one's come out with an HK style selector yet??

Hell, at least put a MIAD on that thing...

I still can't help thinking, "if they mated"...but I do love that rig!
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:41:19 AM EDT
[#32]
You know... I had my form one filled out to SBR one of mine. But with all the apparent changes to the process, and new ruling from ATF, I don't think its worth it anymore.

Still, these are great pictures, and I'd love to have one of mine set up this way.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:28:59 AM EDT
[#33]
Lancelot,
What are the changes and new ruling of which you speak?
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:55:51 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Lancelot,

Look in the SBR thread currently running in the M16 forum.

You must now specify the exact barrel length and overall length of the gun. The <16" length doesn't work anymore. You have to specify 10.5" or 11.5" or whatever.

Per another letter, you cannot have multiple AR SBR uppers if you have any non-registered AR lowers. Which effectively means only one upper per registered lower. And if you change the upper, you have to submit a change form to the ATF, which would seem to indicate you can't swap out uppers on a registered lower without telling the ATF of the change in writing.

One of the reasons I would love an SBR is the ability to swap out mission driven uppers on the same lower. Apparently that is no longer allowed and as such, makes it just to much of a hassel, unless I want to register all my lowers.

On the plus side, there is a letter that states you no longer have to add distinctive markings to the registered lower.

I guess what this all comes down to is a matter of interpretation. But it may just be getting to complicated to mess with.

Link Posted: 3/8/2006 8:14:31 AM EDT
[#35]
Guess who just mailed their SBR paperwork off to the ATF yesterday?
(Hint: It was me!)
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 1:37:24 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Same lower

9mm 7" bbl-

img367.imageshack.us/img367/2473/9mm10a0np.jpg

11.5" bushy 5.56 1-7"twist-

img367.imageshack.us/img367/5407/115upper015ip.jpg

Very Nice. Are you using the G27 pistol grip?
Clint
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 1:47:35 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
www.speedcraving.com/ar15/sbr/DSCN4106s.JPG

Nice Carbon Fiber! I dont suppose you own a WS6 TA do you?
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 1:56:23 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Lancelot,

You must now specify the exact barrel length and overall length of the gun. The <16" length doesn't work anymore. You have to specify 10.5" or 11.5" or whatever.

Per another letter, you cannot have multiple AR SBR uppers if you have any non-registered AR lowers. Which effectively means only one upper per registered lower. And if you change the upper, you have to submit a change form to the ATF, which would seem to indicate you can't swap out uppers on a registered lower without telling the ATF of the change in writing.

One of the reasons I would love an SBR is the ability to swap out mission driven uppers on the same lower. Apparently that is no longer allowed and as such, makes it just to much of a hassel, unless I want to register all my lowers.

On the plus side, there is a letter that states you no longer have to add distinctive markings to the registered lower.

I guess what this all comes down to is a matter of interpretation. But it may just be getting to complicated to mess with.

You don't seriously think it's illegal to put a 10" upper on your SBR lower that has a form 1 saying 11", do you?

It's analogous to the HK sears that are registered in "all three calibers". Just because your sear is only registered in 9mm, .308 and .223 doesn't mean you can't put it in an MP5/40 host.

Yes, I have read the thread.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:12:45 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Lancelot,

You don't seriously think it's illegal to put a 10" upper on your SBR lower that has a form 1 saying 11", do you?

It's analogous to the HK sears that are registered in "all three calibers". Just because your sear is only registered in 9mm, .308 and .223 doesn't mean you can't put it in an MP5/40 host.

Yes, I have read the thread.

No, but I had planned on more then one upper for the registered lower.

Link Posted: 3/8/2006 9:01:03 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
www.fototime.com/36E51D88EFA191F/standard.jpg

My all-time favorite SBR pic, bar none...

Beautiful, absolutely beautiful!
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 9:28:44 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

I still don't see the problem.

Read US v. Thompson Center.

Say you owned a TC pistol with several pistol length barrels, and a stock and rifle length barrel. Is that "constructive possession" of an SBR? No.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 5:00:05 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Say you owned a TC pistol with several pistol length barrels, and a stock and rifle length barrel. Is that "constructive possession" of an SBR? No.

Thats completely different.  You have a pistol with multiple lengths.  Then when you put a stock on it you have to have barrels above 16 inchs but anything you want as long as its more then 16 inchs.  Just like any other rifle.

We are talking about registered SBRs.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 5:13:09 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The problem is the ATF says you can't do it.

Is it legal to use the upper receiver off of the semi-auto AR's on the registered AR if they are different lengths and calibers than listed on the Form 4's?

Before changing the caliber of a registered machinegun you should notify the NFA Branch in writing of the proposed change.

Can you have several short barrel uppers (less than 16 inches) for the registered AR and still own semi-auto AR's?

The definition of a firearm in section 5845 of the NFA includes a rifle having a barrel or barrels of less than 16 inches in length. An individual possessing more than one short (less than 16 inches) barreled upper receiver for a registered AR15 machinegun (or SBR) along with one or more semiautomatic AR15 rifles would have under their possession of control an unregistered short barreled rifle, a violation of the NFA.

If you change the barrel length or caliber do I need to notify your office if the change is not a permanent one?

This question was answered under Question 3.

We trust that the foregoing has been responsive to your inquiry. If we can be of any further assistance, please contact us.

Sincerely yours,
[signed]
Edward M. Owen, Jr.
Chief, Firearms Technology Branch

Link Posted: 3/9/2006 6:53:38 AM EDT
[#44]
It's never been possible to have multiple short-barreled uppers on one $200 stamp before,has it? It does still allow you to use multiple rifle-length uppers with the registered SBR,right?
Clint
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:07:49 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:46:19 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Your favorite, RRA!

Its the UTE2, I thinks the best choice for a CQB/SBR.

LOL... It does look nice though...

I see your using the Fobus hand grip too... What do you think about those? I'm using one and found it to be the best feel out of the few other brands I've tried...

Awhile back I asked about VFG's for a friend and you had recommended the TD and Fobus as being the ones for our needs... My friend went with the TD and eventually I picked up a Fobus... I have to mention, you were 100% correct about those being the tickets, the fit and feel are everything we were looking for... Thanks Steve,
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:48:32 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The problem is the ATF says you can't do it.

Is it legal to use the upper receiver off of the semi-auto AR's on the registered AR if they are different lengths and calibers than listed on the Form 4's?

Before changing the caliber of a registered machinegun you should notify the NFA Branch in writing of the proposed change.

Can you have several short barrel uppers (less than 16 inches) for the registered AR and still own semi-auto AR's?

The definition of a firearm in section 5845 of the NFA includes a rifle having a barrel or barrels of less than 16 inches in length. An individual possessing more than one short (less than 16 inches) barreled upper receiver for a registered AR15 machinegun (or SBR) along with one or more semiautomatic AR15 rifles would have under their possession of control an unregistered short barreled rifle, a violation of the NFA.

If you change the barrel length or caliber do I need to notify your office if the change is not a permanent one?

This question was answered under Question 3.

We trust that the foregoing has been responsive to your inquiry. If we can be of any further assistance, please contact us.

Sincerely yours,
[signed]
Edward M. Owen, Jr.
Chief, Firearms Technology Branch

This is such bullshit! Anyone who wades through all of the obligatory red tape to make sure their firearms are legal, would not be interested in doing something that would cost them years in prison. I love the legislative power of the ATF hinking.gif
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top