Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 28
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 8:48:28 AM EDT
[#1]
My newly discovered astigmatism and I are very interested.

Has the 1x been released or at least an ETA on it?

Thanks.

-Chris
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 9:14:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My newly discovered astigmatism and I are very interested.

Has the 1x been released or at least an ETA on it?

Thanks.

-Chris
View Quote

Nope. They have some units out to testers, but no reviews coming out. I think they're in the final stages of QC. Seems like the shake-awake isn't ready either. I'm eagerly awaiting the FDE version for my light build.
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 9:31:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Nope. They have some units out to testers, but no reviews coming out. I think they're in the final stages of QC. Seems like the shake-awake isn't ready either. I'm eagerly awaiting the FDE version for my light build.
View Quote

Bummer!

It would be perfect for my home defense build.....most other prisms seem too bulky for a 12.5" barrel setup.  Maybe the Vortex 1x but for the same price as the upcoming PA unit I might just wait.
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 9:57:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

My understanding the shake awake module is the hold up on the 1x prism. They are having trouble sourcing due to it being the same module used in the glx 2x prism and they are still catching up on back orders of that unit. So any modules they are getting are going towards the glx 2x for now.
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 3:28:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

My understanding the shake awake module is the hold up on the 1x prism. They are having trouble sourcing due to it being the same module used in the glx 2x prism and they are still catching up on back orders of that unit. So any modules they are getting are going towards the glx 2x for now.
View Quote

Looks like deliveries for the AutoLive 2x are slated for May. Maybe we'll get some love later in the summer.
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 9:24:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Update:  Product page is up. Preorders in June for Q3 delivery. Price is $249.99

The price was my last reservation. If it performs, this thing is going to get into Holosun's wallet at that price.

Primary Arms SLx 1X MicroPrism with Red Illuminated ACSS Cyclops Gen II Reticle
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 11:52:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Update:  Product page is up. Preorders in June for Q3 delivery. Price is $249.99

The price was my last reservation. If it performs, this thing is going to get into Holosun's wallet at that price.

Primary Arms SLx 1X MicroPrism with Red Illuminated ACSS Cyclops Gen II Reticle
View Quote

Looking at the literature, they dont specify battery life beyond this as per the instruction manual...

"BATTERY LIFE (AUTOLIVE®)
We put honesty at the forefront of our work, which is why we won't mislead you with unrealistic claims about battery
life. All of our optics use the latest illumination and emitter technologies to ensure you get the maximum runtime
possible, but actual battery life will depend on factors like your brightness setting, battery quality, and environmental
factors. On low settings, many optics can last months or years without dimming, but if you 're maxing out your
brightness and leaving it on, you can expect reduced runtime.
To help you get the most from your battery, this optic features our proprietary Autolive motion-sensing illumination
technology. By reducing the optic's output when not in-use, Autolive can extend your battery's life to its maximum
potential value. No additional setup is needed: Autolive is active whenever illumination is on."

While understandable, has anyone heard anything more about that? I think the old one had a 10k hour life as per the manual.

Either way, it looks pretty cool!
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 3:35:10 PM EDT
[#8]
That seems like they haven't had time to do a test, and aren't going to indulge in the theoretical burn time. If it's 10,000hrs, that's over a year to find the limit.
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 2:32:33 PM EDT
[#9]
I remain skeptical because I can see PA continues the trend of misleading you about the size of the reticle by giving you no idea how big that chevron is relative to an actual target. I asked but they said they can't share the size of it because there's too many people trying to copy their reticle but that's just silly.
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 4:52:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I remain skeptical because I can see PA continues the trend of misleading you about the size of the reticle by giving you no idea how big that chevron is relative to an actual target. I asked but they said they can't share the size of it because there's too many people trying to copy their reticle but that's just silly.
View Quote
Looks to be about 6 minutes tall. 8 wide.
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 5:52:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

I just sent back a 503g because of how small that actual reticle/horseshoe is compared to the circle dot versions.

LOL the box/pictures are deceiving for sure.
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 6:53:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 9:31:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Any ETA on the version with the ACSS GEMINI reticle ?
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 11:03:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I just sent back a 503g because of how small that actual reticle/horseshoe is compared to the circle dot versions.

LOL the box/pictures are deceiving for sure.
View Quote

Yeah and they don't sem bothered by it at all.

Quoted:
I'll share the size fairly soon, compared to the Gen 1 Cyclops and others.  Actual photographs through the optic

did you not see these that I posted previously?  the top picture is the actual size of the reticle as seen in the full field of view, the bottom is how it appears to my eye.  chevron is large enough to be resolved clearly

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/5205/5425CED4-384B-4AFB-8774-5015D66201EF-1914895.jpg
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/5205/37160E3E-1CC5-407E-9F5F-30629579F7BA-1915863.png
View Quote

I saw them but without an object of a known size at a known distance in the background that doesn't realy help to much. Also my point is PA should have a pic like that on their website, a customer shouldn't have to come over here and do a search to see what info. I've emaild them and told them about this a few times and sometimes they say "oh we'll work on it" and other times they tell me "we can't tell you how big it is because people will copy the reticle if they know how big it is."
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 2:26:10 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I'll share the size fairly soon, compared to the Gen 1 Cyclops and others.  Actual photographs through the optic

did you not see these that I posted previously?  the top picture is the actual size of the reticle as seen in the full field of view, the bottom is how it appears to my eye.  chevron is large enough to be resolved clearly

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/5205/5425CED4-384B-4AFB-8774-5015D66201EF-1914895.jpg
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/5205/37160E3E-1CC5-407E-9F5F-30629579F7BA-1915863.png
View Quote
Those images likely sold at least one to me.
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 2:59:54 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Yeah and they don't sem bothered by it at all.

"
View Quote

Why would it bother them? If people don’t know how a 1x optic works, then it would probably suit them to send it back and get a magnified optic.
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 12:58:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I remain skeptical because I can see PA continues the trend of misleading you about the size of the reticle by giving you no idea how big that chevron is relative to an actual target.
View Quote
I share your frustration with their lack of transparency, but you can get a decent idea of the sizes of the chevron and horseshoe by comparing them to the ranging bars.

E.g. the top bar is supposed to be 18” wide at 200 meters (or yards?), so 9” at 100. The chevron is a bit narrower than that.

From bottom bar to top bar is 70” (5’ 10”) at 200, so 35” at 100.  The radius of the horseshoe looks to be a little smaller than that.
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 5:29:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I share your frustration with their lack of transparency, but you can get a decent idea of the sizes of the chevron and horseshoe by comparing them to the ranging bars.

E.g. the top bar is supposed to be 18" wide at 200 meters (or yards?), so 9" at 100. The chevron is a bit narrower than that.

From bottom bar to top bar is 70" (5' 10") at 200, so 35" at 100.  The radius of the horseshoe looks to be a little smaller than that.
View Quote

I guess my point is instead of giving their customers information to know what it is they are buying the only you know for sure is to buy it and then hope you like it or wait for someone to upload it in Strelok or some similar app and find out from there or do some rough math like you did. You would think they would want to give customers information to prevent returns, poor reviews and customer dissatisfaction but they don't seem to care.

Only in the gun world is that ok. Imagine if you bought a PC and they didn't tell you how big the screen was before you bought it or if you bought a car and they wouldn't tell you how big the trunk was or something like that.
Link Posted: 5/30/2021 7:45:12 AM EDT
[#19]
I use this simple system and it works quite well. If the 300 yard adjustment for NATO looks like it's of any size at all, then the reticle is small. The MOA for the bullet drop through 1x at 300yds is perceived as very small by the eye.

I like the ACSS, but I'm dubious about the value it offers at 1x over more conventional reticles. If your gun is shooting close to NATO, you don't really need it at 1x. 1000ft is your practical service limit, and you're shooting flat enough to fuck all the way out to there.
Link Posted: 6/5/2021 10:35:53 AM EDT
[#20]
Any news yet?
Link Posted: 6/5/2021 2:23:09 PM EDT
[#21]
@MARSH1 Will these work with passive aiming using NVGs? Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/5/2021 4:45:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Heading to range now

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/5/2021 4:52:42 PM EDT
[#23]

Lucky....

I hope it is a winner.
Link Posted: 6/5/2021 9:09:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 3:24:00 PM EDT
[#25]
here toy go

(I'm gonna go watch something DDay oriented and clean a couple of guns I'll answer questions after)

Link Posted: 6/6/2021 10:16:24 PM EDT
[#26]
Curahee - thanks for the video - I am a big fan of the cyclops gen 1 and am really looking forward to the gen 2.....really glad to hear it times with a red dot (I have astigmatism).

Ready to order
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 11:00:52 PM EDT
[#27]
@Currahee thanks for posting the review. Very helpful

For passive aiming with night vision you said that you needed to focus your pvs14 objective to the reticle. That should in turn make your target unfocused.

Some clarification on the above would be greatly appreciated, as it doesn’t sound usable (or less than ideal) with night vision if you can’t leave your NVG focused on infinity or the target.

Thanks
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 11:21:17 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
@Currahee thanks for posting the review. Very helpful

For passive aiming with night vision you said that you needed to focus your pvs14 objective to the reticle. That should in turn make your target unfocused.

Some clarification on the above would be greatly appreciated, as it doesn't sound usable (or less than ideal) with night vision if you can't leave your NVG focused on infinity or the target.

Thanks
View Quote

If you are focused on the target the optic reticle will not be focused.  As I mentioned in the review the horseshoe makes this harder, the slight blur in the chevron is inconsequential to this kind of shooting, but the horseshoe is likely to obscure a target. It is less than ideal but (as seen) I could get hits out to 50, and think I could have gotten hits at 100 if I hadn't had an IR camera behind me (security camera at the range.)  I was doing that with the 14 focused to infinity.  The closer you are in the easier it gets.  If you had duals one could be focused on the reticle and one to infinity.  I would say that a simple red dot is always gonna be easier to shoot NV passive, vs anything with an actual reticle.  Everything is a trade off.
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 3:06:42 AM EDT
[#29]
May have been ask and answered, it appears to be threaded for a honeycomb filter.

Is that the case?

If yes will they be available also?

Thanks

Link Posted: 6/13/2021 7:50:14 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
May have been ask and answered, it appears to be threaded for a honeycomb filter.

Is that the case?

If yes will they be available also?

Thanks

View Quote
you mean a killflash?
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 6:10:20 PM EDT
[#31]
Did I miss something? I was signed up for the email with their ETA of June for preorders, now that's gone and it just says "ETA: July".

Anybody heard anything?
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 12:50:44 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 12:51:19 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 1:58:20 PM EDT
[#34]
Ordered!
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 2:05:17 PM EDT
[#35]
Pre order placed
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 3:53:31 PM EDT
[#36]
Order placed
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 4:05:29 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Order placed
View Quote
ditto
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 4:16:52 PM EDT
[#38]
Will any T1 compatible mount work?
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 4:18:59 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

Mini Acog pattern
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 4:20:20 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

Nope. Mini acog mounts.

Link Posted: 6/14/2021 4:25:36 PM EDT
[#41]
View Quote
Sorry I responded to something off the front page
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 7:28:04 PM EDT
[#42]
Order placed!
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 8:12:24 PM EDT
[#43]
Order placed
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 9:31:22 PM EDT
[#44]
Thanks Marsh!!!
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 9:46:07 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 6/15/2021 12:24:09 AM EDT
[#46]
Is there going to be a Gemini 9mm reticle for the 1x?
Link Posted: 6/15/2021 7:23:47 AM EDT
[#47]
Any way for us UK shooters to get in on the Pre-order please?
Link Posted: 6/15/2021 10:35:26 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
It's time to post these.

Here is a direct comparison to the GLx 2x optic.  New 1x on the left, 2x on the right.  The height of each is controlled by the riser combination used.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/5205/21B8FC93-E8F9-4E1D-8FFF-58733B9C0AC1-1811205.jpg

Winner!
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/5205/10A52594-78FF-43AE-BA93-31B5245AED81-1811206.jpg

View Quote

Given a choice between the two, do you prefer the 1x more?
Link Posted: 6/15/2021 5:10:07 PM EDT
[#49]
@MRW

How does the optical quality compare between the SLx and GLx lines? The GLx glass is nice, is it a noticeable step down with the SLx?

I’m more interested in the upcoming compact 3x than the 1x, just looking to get a sense of the glass quality.

Thanks for the feedback and photos MRW.
Link Posted: 6/15/2021 6:48:03 PM EDT
[#50]
Finally read up on this. I’ve gotta say between PA and Vortex these new micro prism optics that are coming out are awesome and really shaking the game up for Trijicon. I’m a huge ACOG fan but these things look great, with excellent specs, and a fraction of the price. I really need to pick some of these up. This and the Vortex 5X are really trying to pick my pocket.
Page / 28
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top