BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 22
Link Posted: 6/21/2010 1:45:46 AM EDT
[#1]
No single stage triggers from Geissele to my knowledge.......the f/a SSA version (SSF) in f/a operates in a single stage.
Link Posted: 6/21/2010 10:15:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
No single stage triggers from Geissele to my knowledge.......the f/a SSA version (SSF) in f/a operates in a single stage.

no f/a for the MWS so i guess that's out of the question. i didn't think that there was a single stage version but the guy was sure that there was. i damn sure couldn't find anything.

Link Posted: 6/23/2010 10:05:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/23/2010 10:27:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
WE JUST GOT TEN OF THE RIFLES IN, WITH FIVE MORE NOT TOO FAR BEHIND.

WILL POST SOME PIX.

GOOD SHOOTING,

WES GRANT
MSTN

Link Posted: 6/23/2010 11:08:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

WILL POST SOME PIX.

GOOD SHOOTING,

WES GRANT
MSTN

I take it they are spoken for.
Link Posted: 6/23/2010 11:30:57 PM EDT
[#6]
got mine today, this is one nice piece...ill take some better pics later. It was too late when I got home.
Can wait to shoot it.

I hope it likes British food:

Link Posted: 6/23/2010 11:38:16 PM EDT
[#7]

Make sure to let us know how it does with the 147g Radway.
Link Posted: 6/24/2010 7:13:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

WILL POST SOME PIX.

GOOD SHOOTING,

WES GRANT
MSTN

I take it they are spoken for.

yes you are correct
Link Posted: 6/24/2010 8:27:45 AM EDT
[#9]
9point9, I just opened my box of Brit ammo, too, and I'm impressed!  It's going to be really good shooting stuff, I'll bet.  I may have to buy another just to enjoy opening it, too!  

Now to fill up some empty ammo cans!

Rome
Link Posted: 6/24/2010 9:44:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Pretty sure the OBR trigger is a single stage.  Check it out here:   http://stores.homestead.com/Laruetactical/Detail.bok?no=387
Link Posted: 6/24/2010 10:20:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Pretty sure the OBR trigger is a single stage.  Check it out here:   http://stores.homestead.com/Laruetactical/Detail.bok?no=387

you didn't fully read the description did you?

come on man, RIF...
This is the same trigger we chose for the OSR. We consider the SSA one of the best 2-stage triggers on the market. The SSA is a non-adjustable, drop in trigger that takes only a few minutes to install.

edit:
Geissele does not make a single stage trigger. the point from above was that a customer of mine swore that they did. i searched teh internets and couldn't find one, others confirmed what i already thought i knew. my search for a good single stage continues.  

edit II...

pic thread
Link Posted: 6/24/2010 2:08:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

you didn't fully read the description did you?

come on man, RIF...
This is the same trigger we chose for the OSR. We consider the SSA one of the best 2-stage triggers on the market. The SSA is a non-adjustable, drop in trigger that takes only a few minutes to install.

edit:
Geissele does not make a single stage trigger. the point from above was that a customer of mine swore that they did. i searched teh internets and couldn't find one, others confirmed what i already thought i knew. my search for a good single stage continues.  

edit II...

pic thread
http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii180/ArmedSuspect/DSC01565.jpg

Nice...the TAP red box only enhances the overall picture

Have you tried the ar-10 timney drop in # 4....it feels very similar to the ar 15 # 4 drop in unit...very crisp, a little play in the take up but not much.
Link Posted: 6/26/2010 7:42:20 PM EDT
[#13]
I ordered an LMT 308 from Whittaker Guns in Kentucky yesterday. Supposed to ship Monday.

$2075 shipped!

I'm having a hard time deciding what scope to get for it.
Link Posted: 6/26/2010 8:10:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I ordered an LMT 308 from Whittaker Guns in Kentucky yesterday. Supposed to ship Monday.

$2075 shipped!

how did u find that? i paid $325 more...damn!
Link Posted: 6/26/2010 9:57:30 PM EDT
[#15]
I had forgot about Whittaker's, always heard good things about them.

But I just googled LMT 308 and they came up. I really didn't expect them to be in stock when I called.

They pulled them off their website today so they must have only had a few.

I still won't believe it until it's in my hands. I usually don't come across good deals till it's too late.
Link Posted: 6/26/2010 10:41:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
9point9, I just opened my box of Brit ammo, too, and I'm impressed!  It's going to be really good shooting stuff, I'll bet.  I may have to buy another just to enjoy opening it, too!  

Now to fill up some empty ammo cans!

Rome

I have to admit, getting ammo in a wood crate packed in bandoliers is nicer than cardboard boxes.

Looks like the free shipping deal is over for it.

Link Posted: 6/27/2010 12:10:40 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
got mine today, this is one nice piece...ill take some better pics later. It was too late when I got home.
Can wait to shoot it.
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb180/nennioz2/IMG_9102.jpg

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb180/nennioz2/IMG_9100.jpg

That is so badass.....I have no clue how I missed your pics the other day but you sir are due a big CONGRATS

That British food is dynamite....that is awesome you were able to go ahead and get some of that yummy stuff
Link Posted: 6/27/2010 11:20:49 AM EDT
[#18]
One is none and...... well you know the drill, this is ARFCOM!

Link Posted: 6/27/2010 11:28:20 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

$2075 shipped!

I find that price a bit surprising.  Whittakers is about an hour and half drive from me.  They have an amazing selection, and their prices are fair, but that price is much better than I'd expect.  I paid $100 more than that from another store before the price increase from LMT, and I thought I got a decent deal.  

I'm still up in the air on optics too.  I either thinking a TA11 ACOG, or something in 1-4x.
Link Posted: 6/27/2010 3:22:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Don't you have some cheaper guns to let your kids play picnic with?
Link Posted: 6/27/2010 4:09:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
One is none and...... well you know the drill, this is ARFCOM!

http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/3075/lmtmws1.jpg

Can I come over and play....my mommy said its ok

ETA.....THAT IS SO SICK
Link Posted: 6/27/2010 11:55:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Kind of off-topic (maybe not)....what kind of results are you guys getting with your 16" rifles? I hear a lot of negativism here directed at .308s with 16" barrels.
Link Posted: 6/28/2010 9:19:30 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Kind of off-topic (maybe not)....what kind of results are you guys getting with your 16" rifles? I hear a lot of negativism here directed at .308s with 16" barrels.

not in the MWS threads you didn't, nor will you hear it in the KAC SR25 carbine or LaRue OBR threads.

while i haven't shot it for groups at 500yds i was able to easily put 12 of 18 rounds on a 9"x9" steel at that distance. i wasn't in a great position, i was steadily talking to two other guys and spotting some of their shots and a few of my shots were of the quick follow up shot variety. i'm pleased with the results.

do i think it's a 1000yd gun? no, not really. although the MWS really shined at distance in the British testing. as i've read from LEI, the MWS 16" out shot it's competition from 500m to over 800m. apparently "... as the range increased the difference in accuracy became much more evident."  

seems to work just fine for Brits to kill taliban tim with, that's good enough for me.

edit: pic thread...
Link Posted: 6/28/2010 12:15:28 PM EDT
[#24]
antone thinking of running the trijicon tr-24? im thinking that a 1 - 4 x will be awesome for close up and out to about 200 yards....
Link Posted: 6/28/2010 2:44:33 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
antone thinking of running the trijicon tr-24? im thinking that a 1 - 4 x will be awesome for close up and out to about 200 yards....

Initially this will be the temp setup on my .308. I'm going to 'borrow' my TR24G off of one of my 5.56 MRPs until I finalize my decision for optics on my MWS.
Link Posted: 6/30/2010 7:02:53 PM EDT
[#26]

Link Posted: 6/30/2010 10:43:17 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 7/2/2010 8:51:42 PM EDT
[#28]
I just ordered a NF 5.5-22 X 50 30mm scope.

Can anyone tell me, if I put a LaRue SPR-S LT-158 mount on my LMT 308, will a Kac 200-600 m (not the micro) rear sight clear ?
Link Posted: 7/9/2010 12:10:43 AM EDT
[#29]
Throwing mine in the mix...

...and with another scope option...

Added a Geissele SSA trigger, MP triggerguard, MP buis, and Trijicon Acog TA11H308

Haven't shot it yet, but this thing weighs a lot less than my DPMS SASS(approximately 3#s), which now is a stepchild compared to the LMT MWS

edited to add the obligatory granite kitchen counter pix...

Link Posted: 7/10/2010 4:28:59 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 7/10/2010 5:37:04 PM EDT
[#31]
Mine.

Link Posted: 7/10/2010 7:46:43 PM EDT
[#32]

What muzzle device is that?
Link Posted: 7/10/2010 8:03:29 PM EDT
[#33]
Surefire FH762K03
Link Posted: 7/10/2010 8:19:16 PM EDT
[#34]
what an awesome thread...

MWS roaming the field with some of his friends the other week.
Link Posted: 7/10/2010 11:08:46 PM EDT
[#35]

Link Posted: 7/11/2010 1:11:56 AM EDT
[#36]

Beautful piece of land pal.....those are quite the shooting locales you and Armed get to enjoy....maybe those vast swats of beautiful acreage made you gentlemen decide a lil range might not be a bad thing...thus packing heat to 1000m's with those new beautiful MWS's...it suddenly makes sense now
Link Posted: 7/11/2010 11:33:25 AM EDT
[#37]
Well I have one on order.

Anyone try shooting DAG surplus through theirs?
Link Posted: 7/11/2010 12:51:47 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Well I have one on order.

Anyone try shooting DAG surplus through theirs?

I have run some s.african surplus F.N. surplusand some winchester white box 7.62. Not had a chance to try any DAG yet but see no reason it would not work well. I had o stoppages with the ammo I listed
Link Posted: 7/11/2010 1:14:45 PM EDT
[#39]
at the moment i'm in between range sessions, i'll get some pics up a bit later.

i've learned two things so far today...

1: don't put your left handed wife, with a lefty AR, on your right side when you're trying to shoot a group.
2: my MWS likes 168 GMM... a lot!

edit: pics

there are 10 rounds here. the low one was all me. the top two were the last two after some position adjusting. i'm no sniper so i'm happy with this. 100yds, 168gr FGMM...

the wife likes it ...

Link Posted: 7/11/2010 4:19:19 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
at the moment i'm in between range sessions, i'll get some pics up a bit later.

i've learned two things so far today...

1: don't put your left handed wife, with a lefty AR, on your right side when you're trying to shoot a group.
2: my MWS likes 168 GMM... a lot!

edit: pics

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii180/ArmedSuspect/DSC01584.jpg

there are 10 rounds here. the low one was all me. the top two were the last two after some position adjusting. i'm no sniper so i'm happy with this. 100yds, 168gr FGMM...
http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii180/ArmedSuspect/DSC01582.jpg

the wife likes it ...
http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii180/ArmedSuspect/DSC01586.jpg

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii180/ArmedSuspect/DSC01590.jpg

Great post pal, and that is an excellent group pic'd above....nice to see you actual using your irons.....do they even work.... I just put them on guns for decor

Just one small note about letting good looking woman getting their hands on  good looking weapons.....its a damn good way to never see that said weapon again.  Just remember when your MWS goes missing, LOOK IN HER SHOE CLOSET
Link Posted: 7/11/2010 9:05:52 PM EDT
[#41]
AARRRR!  

These pics are making the wait more difficult.

Nice rifles. Thanks for sharing.
Link Posted: 7/11/2010 9:13:27 PM EDT
[#42]
Just ordered one today! Should be here this week sometime!!  
Link Posted: 7/11/2010 10:04:49 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Just ordered one today! Should be here this week sometime!!  

Mind if I ask what you paid?
Link Posted: 7/12/2010 12:28:32 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Great post pal, and that is an excellent group pic'd above....nice to see you actual using your irons.....do they even work.... I just put them on guns for decor

Just one small note about letting good looking woman getting their hands on  good looking weapons.....its a damn good way to never see that said weapon again.  Just remember when your MWS goes missing, LOOK IN HER SHOE CLOSET

i think i can get that group size down a good bit. one day i'll use a decent rest and a rear bag. the wife showering me with 5.56 brass didn't do anything to help me out either. i'm sure it may also help if i cleaned my rifle, just under 500 rounds and still no cleaning. the first time i took it out to test different ammo i ran a bore snake between brands but that was a few hundred rounds ago.

yeah, she's claimed a good many of MY things. guess who has an ACOG and who needs a new one? it took her a while to get over me selling my SOCOM16 but the MWS has put the smile back. now if she would just get off my case about the 82A1, that's what she wants for our anniversary. i'm going to need another job

as for iron sights, we both shoot them as much as we can. the set that's on the MWS was what i had on my last Noveske upper, i threw them on the big .308 and they were dead on! not one click of adjustment required. i'm not exactly sure how that kind of thing happens but it sure as hell made me happy.

the wife running the irons...

Link Posted: 7/12/2010 1:18:36 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

i think i can get that group size down a good bit. one day i'll use a decent rest and a rear bag. the wife showering me with 5.56 brass didn't do anything to help me out either. i'm sure it may also help if i cleaned my rifle, just under 500 rounds and still no cleaning. the first time i took it out to test different ammo i ran a bore snake between brands but that was a few hundred rounds ago.

yeah, she's claimed a good many of MY things. guess who has an ACOG and who needs a new one? it took her a while to get over me selling my SOCOM16 but the MWS has put the smile back. now if she would just get off my case about the 82A1, that's what she wants for our anniversary. i'm going to need another job

as for iron sights, we both shoot them as much as we can. the set that's on the MWS was what i had on my last Noveske upper, i threw them on the big .308 and they were dead on! not one click of adjustment required. i'm not exactly sure how that kind of thing happens but it sure as hell made me happy.

the wife running the irons...
http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii180/ArmedSuspect/DSC01587.jpg

and one of her running her mouth
http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii180/ArmedSuspect/DSC01571.jpg

i'm going to get beat for this so i'll be taking the pic down tomorrow before she gets to see it

Too funny pal...I am a sucker for a grill pic in use  You better hang on to her, she might be the first woman to request a barret 82a1 for an anniversary present ever.....is that not straight WIN?, kill two birds with one stone kinda thing...take care of the whole present thing and why not add a gun that penetrates engine blocks...end times and all you know

Your MWS looks very sexy with just the irons....I am guessing that config is about as KISS as these man-child mws's can get.   What kinda groups are shooting w. the irons and at what ranges..50m/100m?

I cringed when you said you have not cleaned that hot rod of yours....not because of bad usage or negligence on your part....I just love the thought of me taking a good a hr. after my first range trip with the future MWS...but I have a feeling that first cleaning will have far more molesting than cleaning going on.  I am a bit strange and happen to enjoy cleaning firearms and cars very much and have never found it to be chore....I am sure it has nothing to do with being bonkers and having OCD
Link Posted: 7/12/2010 10:20:58 AM EDT
[#46]

don't get me wrong, i too enjoy cleaning guns. i think it's good for my sanity. a fellow ARFCOM member had his dirty AR15 in my safe for a few days and when he came to get it... it wasn't dirty anymore.

i'm just not cleaning the MWS and his little MRP brother just for the hell of it. well, that and i'm trying to not be so OCD about cleaning. the Marine Corps in me wants to scrub the shit out of every part... "harder, faster, aye, aye sir!".

Link Posted: 7/12/2010 11:44:47 AM EDT
[#47]

what distances are you working with?

what's your take on the MWS at distance?

Link Posted: 7/12/2010 8:19:11 PM EDT
[#48]
Actually when that pic was took I had just installed the scope and it wasn't sighted in yet. So I haven't shot it at any distance yet. But when I do, I should be able to get between 300 - 400 yds then I'll report back.
Link Posted: 7/18/2010 7:39:59 PM EDT
[#49]
Would anyone have something to say about the LMT only coming in 16" and the potential range losses?

Also how about the gas system?  I had my eye on a scar or a piston driven .308
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 9:13:52 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Would anyone have something to say about the LMT only coming in 16" and the potential range losses?

Also how about the gas system?  I had my eye on a scar or a piston driven .308

the 16" barrel is working out just fine for me. a little bit of *loss* on the far end isn't that much of an issue. for target shooting i'll use this out to 800 or so. for critters i wouldn't expect to take a shot much over 600 and i've got no issues killing things with a 16" 308 at that distance. if a 5.56 can do it a 7.62 can do it better

i'm not a piston guy so i may not be the best guy to give you an opinion. i see no need/use for one in this platform. sure there are some awesome piston rifles on the market, i just don't see the point.

just under 500 rounds through my MWS with NO cleaning. if i'm lucky i'll get to run another 2-300 rounds through it today.

edit: now with more KAC...

Page / 22
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top