[#1]
This one shot straight up
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 3:52:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Check out this shot on a prairie dog by my friend in 2004

400 yard shot
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 3:57:31 PM EDT
[#3]
I shot this one in my neihbors back yard with a pellet gun,they were digging into his garage.

Link Posted: 2/11/2006 4:01:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Nice mellon shot

Link Posted: 2/11/2006 4:03:57 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Nice mellon shot

BOOM!!!! headshot
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 5:48:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Just saw Suburban commercial on TV. Bunch of PD steal the Suburban.
Bunch of thieves, good enough reason to shoot?
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 5:57:25 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
If you find a 300+ pound redneck in camoflage laughing hysterically while killing things amusing, buddy you must keep some interesting company.

Hey Curare, Never Judge a book by it's cover. This "REDNECK" has a Masters in Electrical Engineering from University of Michigan . Not that I am any better than you, but I am not a F%*king Redneck

I almost thought your were from Canada with that accent.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 9:10:27 PM EDT
[#8]

Some varmints need to be shot.  From long distances away on warm summer days in Western Nebraska.

Varmint Cong are evil, but they are no match for the 75 gr Hornady 5.56.

This is the distance from our shooting position to the town (the tiny figure on the ridge is a GMC Yukon XL)

Prairie dog shooting is the most fun I have ever had with a gun.  

I'm a card carrying member of the Raptor Feeding Society.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 10:57:13 PM EDT
[#9]
real heroes at work...

And never mind the facts. If you look hard enough there is always somebody who will provide
a rational excuse. Even the Nazis had scientists who backed their attrocities.
Its just a little step from killing animals for fun:

Though Antisocial personality disorder cannot be formally diagnosed before age 18, three warning signs, known as the MacDonald Triad, can be found in some children. These are:

* a longer-than-usual period of bedwetting
   * cruelty to animals
   * pyromania.

Btw, killing just for fun- that's exactly the image the anti-gunners like to see on
their crusade against assault rifles...

Link Posted: 2/11/2006 11:13:30 PM EDT
[#10]
It may or may not be killing for fun.

PD's are varmints pure and simple. They destroy areas for crops and cattle. Not a good thing when you have a couple thousand dollar cow/horse fall in one the the holes and break a leg. When I was in HS, my Grandad paid me and my HS friends to come out and shoot PD's on our summers off. Pretty soon, we were doing several farms and ranches in the area.

Same goes for Wolves, coyotes, beaver, nutrias and wild hogs.

You would not believe how much acreage a den of beavers can damage.

BTW, to the antis, this is hunting!
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:59:25 AM EDT
[#11]
Where in WY were you hunting?
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:02:20 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

All I can tell you is that it is close to Montana
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:05:45 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
real heroes at work...

And never mind the facts. If you look hard enough there is always somebody who will provide

Though Antisocial personality disorder cannot be formally diagnosed before age 18, three warning signs, known as the MacDonald Triad, can be found in some children. These are:

* cruelty to animals
   * pyromania.

Btw, killing just for fun- that's exactly the image the anti-gunners like to see on

www.cnn.com/SPECIALS/1999/yearinreview/top.stories/01/link.hillary.clinton.jpg

So let me get this straight, You are comparing killing prairie dogs with the holocaust.......

Warning, Warning, PETA ON AR15.COM, Lock and load
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:14:14 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
That looks like so much fun.  I wish we could use ARs in PA.

you should move.

Other than that, PA gun laws are pretty nice.  Maybe I'll have to take some time and go out of state hunting.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 8:56:25 AM EDT
[#15]
This year I'm going to do this with all the PD's I shoot

Link Posted: 2/12/2006 9:04:26 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
real heroes at work...

* cruelty to animals
   * pyromania.

www.cnn.com/SPECIALS/1999/yearinreview/top.stories/01/link.hillary.clinton.jpg

If PD hunters were so unwanted and horrible people, then why do the Rangers open their gates to let them shoot???
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 9:15:55 AM EDT
[#17]
How bout a sealed gallon bucket filled with tannerite put next to the nest & some grain arround it the day before?
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 9:22:45 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
That looks like so much fun.  I wish we could use ARs in PA.

Why can't you?
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 9:38:01 AM EDT
[#19]
I have to get back out to North Dakota this spring.  I haven't been able to go and spank some prairie rats since Sept of 2003
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 9:00:34 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
If you find a 300+ pound redneck in camoflage laughing hysterically while killing things amusing, buddy you must keep some interesting company.

Hey Curare, Never Judge a book by it's cover. This "REDNECK" has a Masters in Electrical Engineering from University of Michigan . Not that I am any better than you, but I am not a F%*king Redneck

I almost thought your were from Canada with that accent.

That's like saying everyone with a Texan accent sounds american
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 9:09:53 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Killing just to kill...I don't get it.  I'm definitely not against hunting or the otherwise necessary killing of animals, but blowing apart animals just for the fun of it is cruel.  I'm all for having a great time shooting.  Why not just shoot a bunch of shaken-up Coke cans at various distances if you want a challenge and explosive fun.  Just pick up your trash afterwards and no harm, no foul.

+1
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 9:20:39 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Killing just to kill...I don't get it.  I'm definitely not against hunting or the otherwise necessary killing of animals, but blowing apart animals just for the fun of it is cruel.  I'm all for having a great time shooting.  Why not just shoot a bunch of shaken-up Coke cans at various distances if you want a challenge and explosive fun.  Just pick up your trash afterwards and no harm, no foul.

+1

Well "Blowing" up the PDs is less cruel then poisoning then which is a long slow death.  PD hunters are just trying to protect the poor animals from other horrible types of death.  

What would you rather see???
1. Poison the PD --- sounds horrible
2. Let Badgers eat them --- eaten alive that is terrible.
3. Reintroduce Black Footed Ferrets to again eat them --- slower death than badgers
4. Let them multiply unchecked
5. Quick relatively painless death of Ballistic Tip .223 --- Perfect solution--ding,ding,ding we have a winner!!!
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 10:56:50 AM EDT
[#23]
I was in a pet store last year and saw they had some PDs for sale as pets.

I said (loud enough to be heard), "Wow, I didn't know you could have those as pets.  I thought they were just targets."

The store owner was SOOoo not amused.  I walked out laughing.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 11:27:14 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
This one shot straight up
my.voyager.net/~ebgb68/12.jpg

You damn spawn camper!!
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 11:54:51 PM EDT
[#25]
I can't wait to go. Nice shooting
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:20:32 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

North east Wyoming close to Montana.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:24:29 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
How bout a sealed gallon bucket filled with tannerite put next to the nest & some grain arround it the day before?

Damn, we were just talking about that. Boy that should piss off a few people.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:28:14 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Well "Blowing" up the PDs is less cruel then poisoning then which is a long slow death.  PD hunters are just trying to protect the poor animals from other horrible types of death.  

What would you rather see???
1. Poison the PD --- sounds horrible
2. Let Badgers eat them --- eaten alive that is terrible.
3. Reintroduce Black Footed Ferrets to again eat them --- slower death than badgers
4. Let them multiply unchecked
5. Quick relatively painless death of Ballistic Tip .223 --- Perfect solution--ding,ding,ding we have a winner!!!

+1
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top