User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 3:32:29 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I own a few AR15, and I owned an SU16A for about six months. It is a very cheap gun (you can get an Alpha for less than $400), but it's definitely not the gun I'd pickup in zero-fail-allowed scenarios.
If you look at the KT forum, quite a number of ppl had a combination of FTF, FTE or stovepipes.
I was pretty lucky and I had about 4-5 failures in about 500 rounds, but that's 4-5 too much when it comes to my life.
They had quite a few rifles with out of spec chamber (too tight) and this created FTEs, many times blamed on the ammos.
KT seemed to be really prompt in fixing rifles once received from complaining users.
The barrel tends to overheat very easily, and this combined with the polymer frame might not be good in the long term.
You also don't want to use KT mags, otherwise you'll spend more time pushing the charging handle forward, than shooting. Good AR15 mags is what you want to use (I used Bushy ones with no probs).
Overall a fun rifle to shoot, but IMO there's no match in a compare with the AR15 platform.

Ok let me make this clear to all there is big difference between the A-B and C models
The C and CA model have a bull barrel.

I am curious in 500 rounds with an AR you jammed how many times?

- Ice

Link Posted: 4/12/2006 4:07:12 PM EDT
[#2]
The last case went through with zero failures (about 10 rounds being thrown away because of clear dents on the case). That is not the point though, because like I said I was a lucky one. Check the whole KT forum history to find out.
The C and CA models have a bull barrel? This is a bull barrel:

The price of the C/CA models hits the AR15 range though, and I'd prefer to buy an AR15 platform for that price tag, instead of a barrel attached to a polymer frame with loctite.
The Alpha model, if bought at about $400 can be a nice cheap rifle, and fun to shoot.
From there to elect it to be 1st choice in critical scenarios, it goes a long time

- Ice

Link Posted: 4/12/2006 4:33:55 PM EDT
[#3]
I choose this over an AR15- just as accurate, twice as reliable, and 5.56 to boot.

Link Posted: 4/12/2006 4:40:27 PM EDT
[#4]

Oh yes my favorate rifle the AK-74 I wish I could buy one here I am in California you know

Quoted:
I choose this over an AR15- just as accurate, twice as reliable, and 5.56 to boot.

i47.photobucket.com/albums/f193/Mbsells77/Pic1AKSM1A1.jpg

Link Posted: 4/12/2006 4:51:39 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
The last case went through with zero failures (about 10 rounds being thrown away because of clear dents on the case). That is not the point though, because like I said I was a lucky one. Check the whole KT forum history to find out.
The C and CA models have a bull barrel? This is a bull barrel: heI have bushmasters mags even the 40 give me no trouble come to think of it the last time I jammed was a m855 round that fired out of Israeli mag

img8.picsplace.to/img8/11/cimg0346.jpg

The price of the C/CA models hits the AR15 range though, and I'd prefer to buy an AR15 platform for that price tag, instead of a barrel attached to a polymer frame with loctite.
The Alpha model, if bought at about $400 can be a nice cheap rifle, and fun to shoot.
From there to elect it to be 1st choice in critical scenarios, it goes a long time hr
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 5:08:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Probably the most important ? has not been asked yet.

Can you bump fire that bitch?
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 5:25:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Wow, Keltech gone from post 5 to 41 so far in this thread. Must be trying to beat Napolean's record.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 5:58:18 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Oh yes my favorate rifle the AK-74 I wish I could buy one here I am in California you know

Quoted:

i47.photobucket.com/albums/f193/Mbsells77/Pic1AKSM1A1.jpg

Technically that would be the AKSMA1 I believe.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 7:15:46 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Oh yes my favorate rifle the AK-74 I wish I could buy one here I am in California a god damn police state you know

Why not move and get what you want? Personally, If I lived in Kali I would be dead with a pile of brass around me. I would never live in that Communist state, time to find a new home IMO.

Nathan
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 7:46:15 PM EDT
[#10]
And the winner is...

Link Posted: 4/12/2006 7:52:30 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Y

ou mean off your hip? you can bump fire any auto gun
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 7:54:35 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
And the winner is...

www.costume-party-shop.com/productimages/cswo016.jpg

shut up thats too funy  
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 7:58:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Of your choices I'd choose an SKS
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 8:13:26 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Y

ou mean off your hip? you can bump fire any auto gun

If it was an "auto gun" you wouldn't need to bumpfire... unless you meant "Semi-Auto" Besides why from the hip? Plenty of people bump fire from the shoulder.

Nathan
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 8:33:03 PM EDT
[#15]
you can get a G3 check out the PTR-91
if you want an ak check out what all the other people that wanted these guns in california did....
and if you want an AR-15 open your eyes and ears and do what the other 30,000 people in california have done in the last four months.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 8:35:34 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
if you want an ak check out what all the other people that wanted these guns in california did....
and if you want an AR-15 open your eyes and ears and do what the other 30,000 people in california have done in the last four months.

ok how do I get a AK-74?
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 9:04:01 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

ok how do I get a AK-74?

Why???????

Why not Get an AR-15? Save your money and get a real quality Firearm.

Do it for Humanity!

Nathan

Link Posted: 4/12/2006 9:10:44 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

ok how do I get a AK-74?

Why???????

Why not Get an AR-15? Save your money and get a real quality Firearm.

Thats beautiful ahhhh how much does something like that cost?

i17.photobucket.com/albums/b89/AmericanSniper/BushmasterXM15.jpg

i17.photobucket.com/albums/b89/AmericanSniper/BMVortex.jpg

Do it for Humanity! h.gif

Nathan

Link Posted: 4/12/2006 9:22:04 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Thanks for the range report, but it would have been much better had you used traditional sentance structure, and punctuation.

I had to read it three time to get the gist of what you were trying to say.  

Break up the run-ons with some paragraphs.  Please.

Dude what are you ateacher?
I am working while  I type this  I dont have time to edit get over it
go sit on your AR or something

yeah, how you type doesn't matter.  unless your intent is to communicate.

Quoted:
There are some dump ass people in here

stunning powers of observation. ironic.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 9:25:45 PM EDT
[#20]
When I first bought My Bushy I paid $890 with the Detachable Carry handle in a basic "M4 setup". Its better to just get it without the handle and get the BUIS you want from the start.

My honest advice would be to build one so you get every part you want from the ground up and is very easy to do. I wish thats what I did... I resold all the parts I didn't need on the EE.

You can find lower Receivers from the EE for Under $200.

I lost track of how much I paid for everything total...

Nathan
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 9:29:59 PM EDT
[#21]
It's funny too, that now I totally "Airsofterized" (if thats what you call it) my rifle, I miss the good ole Basic setup and I want a Rifle just to go back to KISS.

Nathan

PS: Or maybe thats an "excuse" to get another Rifle?
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 10:02:40 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
[snip]

You've got a serious problem with your quoting skills
If you write your text inside the quote group, it gets confused with the quotee text.

- Ice
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 6:55:16 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Quoted:
[snip]

You've got a serious problem with your quoting skills he

- Ice
[/quote

I see thanks
]
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 11:02:43 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

um, www.toefl.org   It may help you.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 3:52:49 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

um, www.toefl.org   It may help you.

Like I said before
" You have unequivocally underestimated my intelligence.
Your imprudent comments are quite obvious.
You’re simply a frivolous soul pursuing recognition."

Now go play along…..

Link Posted: 4/13/2006 4:18:16 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
who in the fuck uses meters?

The military for one.  

BTW per a law passed by congress and signed by the president.  Starting January 1, metric is the official measurment system of the United States.   This law was passed in 1879 so since 1880 we have officially been using the metric system.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 4:44:10 PM EDT
[#27]
Can you say "off-list" lower.  The DOJ may add them to the list and then they are forced to be registered as AW

Read http://www.calguns.net/a_california_arak.htm
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 3:04:31 PM EDT
[#28]
I am happy with what I got I just wish I had an AR

so whats better the AR or AK-74?
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 3:45:47 PM EDT
[#29]
Depends, can you read and were you told you had to have that weapon? Or are you a well trained and disciplined soldier?
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 5:00:38 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Depends, can you read and were you told you had to have that weapon? Or are you a well trained and disciplined soldier?

what come again?

Let put it like this (Ican shoot)
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 5:17:45 PM EDT
[#31]
Really, wow, I cannot believe I read all 4 pages of this, just, wow...
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 5:35:00 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Really, wow, I cannot believe I read all 4 pages of this, just, wow...hinking.gif

+1  
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 5:57:15 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I wish I could have one, but the accuracy is there with the right ammo and shooter.
what sight system do you have on it?

Quoted:
I own a Kel-Tec SU16C with the awesome folding stock. The rifle rocks. No ammo feed problems whatsover as of yet.

The stock which folds up over a 30 round clip and still allows the rifle to be fired is ABSOLUTELY AWESOME. The fold out handrail/bi-pod is kinda cheap though. Seems like it could be thicker and more sturdy.

Other than that the rifle is a GREAT back-up.  A awesome SHTF carry along. Fold it up and put it in your truck, under the seat or in your backpack, its ready to go.

BUT-

It just doesnt have the feel of an AR. I would think the accuracy isnt as fine tuned all around as you say.....but who knows.

Needless to say...it was the Kel Tec that made me want an AR.

Stock metal sight. This is my SHTF gun and it is bare knuckles minimum.

I might add I got mine for $300 NEW

I am not waiting to read the rest of this POst before calling Bs on this one. I may not be the first and I know I will not be the last.
I have not laid my hands on the Keltec in 223 but I have seen the The 9,s and 40,s. They all fold in half in the middle of the reciever and can not be fired folded.
If I am wrong on the 223 I am sorry but I do not think you can fire it folded. I am not even sure it can be folded with a mag in the magwel
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 6:33:38 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I wish I could have one, but the accuracy is there with the right ammo and shooter.

Quoted:
I own a Kel-Tec SU16C with the awesome folding stock. The rifle rocks. No ammo feed problems whatsover as of yet.

The stock which folds up over a 30 round clip and still allows the rifle to be fired is ABSOLUTELY AWESOME. The fold out handrail/bi-pod is kinda cheap though. Seems like it could be thicker and more sturdy.

Other than that the rifle is a GREAT back-up.  A awesome SHTF carry along. Fold it up and put it in your truck, under the seat or in your backpack, its ready to go.

BUT-

It just doesnt have the feel of an AR. I would think the accuracy isnt as fine tuned all around as you say.....but who knows.

I am not waiting to read the rest of this POst before calling Bs on this one. I may not be the first and I know I will not be the last.
I have not laid my hands on the Keltec in 223 but I have seen the The 9,s and 40,s. They all fold in half in the middle of the reciever and can not be fired folded.
If I am wrong on the 223 I am sorry but I do not think you can fire it folded. I am not even sure it can be folded with a mag in the magwel

get your info right before calling BS on someonewww.kel-tec.com/su16c.html
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 6:41:08 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

BUT-

I might add I got mine for $300 NEW hr

Yeah, must be my imagination while at the range. Those were imaginary rounds going off.

"The SU-16C has a true folding stock and can be fired with the stock folded."
http://www.kel-tec.com/su16c.html

Link Posted: 4/14/2006 6:46:15 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

BUT-

Yeah, must be my imagination while at the range. Those were imaginary rounds going off.

"The SU-16C has a true folding stock and can be fired with the stock folded."
http://www.kel-tec.com/su16c.html

maybe there is an alien in your body taking over
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 10:51:32 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 1:55:41 AM EDT
[#38]
I read all 4 pages, what do I get?

- Clint
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 6:33:21 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
I read all 4 pages, what do I get?

- Clint

1) A lesson in Ebonics
2) A lesson in poor grammar
3) A lesson in poor debate skills

Did I miss anything?  
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 6:52:31 AM EDT
[#40]
When the original poster has more replies than all others combined, its a sign.

Actually, it started off ok (other than the all caps) and then degenerated from there.

I think the Keltec is a decent gun. At least as good as a Mini 14 and better than a SKS. As far as accuracy, I don't know and therefore won't comment.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 7:20:53 AM EDT
[#41]
Idiots like you, are the reason Kalifornia is a shit hole.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 7:42:58 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Idiots like you, are the reason Kalifornia is a shit hole.

We all know who the idiot is
Here is looking at you
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 7:44:58 AM EDT
[#43]
Apropos of nothing, I really, really, really hate attention whorish validation seekers.

Link Posted: 4/15/2006 8:46:09 AM EDT
[#44]
I can't beleive this is still going on.  His post count has gone from 5 to 140 just bitching trolling on this thread.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 9:29:52 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
I can't beleive this is still going on.  His post count has gone from 5 to 140 just bitching trolling on this thread.

hater
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 9:37:46 AM EDT
[#46]
KeltechSu is just jealous and mad because he doesn't have real AR, only cheap toy model.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 9:49:50 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

hater

You get the award for worst comeback ever.  
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 10:05:25 AM EDT
[#48]
What do ya'll think is better, Pilot Bread or MRE cracker's? As ya'll can see I'm pretty biased!  It's hard to get MRE cracker's, I would love to have some but we can't buy them in Alaska due to the ban. The Pilot Bread tastes real similar, in fact I would say after having them for sooo long that they taste much better. What do ya'll think? Pilot Bread is pretty much the best thing that I've ever eatin'.... If ya'll had to choose one cracker for the rest of ya'll's life which one would it be? Here's a poll:

PILOT BREAD
saltine
ritz
mre
captain's waffer
oyster cracker
Lima Beans

since I'm biased I typed PILOT BREAD in all caps and hope you all choose that one....

Link Posted: 4/15/2006 10:11:16 AM EDT
[#49]

since I'm biased I typed PILOT BREAD in all caps and hope you all choose that one

Link Posted: 4/15/2006 10:21:05 AM EDT
[#50]
100th post!
Page / 3
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top